|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the item that the sleepwalker touched feel when Ethan touched it?
2. What does Mr. Marullo give Ethan on Easter?
3. What does Ethan tell Mr. Baker kills a man?
4. What is happening to Danny in Ethan's dream on Easter?
5. What does Ethan say he does in his special place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ethan say will happen if Baker is able to get Danny's to make him a guardian?
2. What does Ethan dream about on Easter Sunday?
3. What kind of bad things are good men doing in Ethan's town?
4. What does Marullo want to do to save money at the beginning of the book?
5. What happens when Ethan asks Margie to read his fortune?
6. What does Ellen ask Ethan the day before Easter?
7. What does Allen say he wants to be when he grows up, and why?
8. What does Ethan think may have caused him to become a clerk when he lost his fortune?
9. What does Ellen ask Ethan about while he is dressing for dinner, and what is his response?
10. What did Mary hear when she had her fortune read?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Allen win his place in the essay contest, and why does he do it? How does this deception change the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Power and greed are two common themes in this book. Where do they appear, and how do they differ in their manifestations?
Essay Topic 3
What is Ethan's plan to re-claim his family's property and money, and how does it turn out? Which character is most affected by this plan?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)