|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who spoke against the town manager in the grand jury?
2. Whom does Margie want to release from the pain of his life?
3. What does Ethan put in his pocket before leaving the house after hearing about Allen's speech being discredited?
(a) A mirror.
(b) The talisman.
(c) Razor blades.
4. What does Ethan do to make people think he will be in the bathroom?
(a) Rigs the toilet to continually flush.
(b) Puts a sign on the door.
(c) Hires a man to sit in there and sound sick.
(d) Flips the occupied sign.
5. Why does Ethan refuse to run for town manager?
(a) It would be a conflict of interest.
(b) The role is meaningless.
(c) He does not have the money.
(d) Politicians are manipulated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan find in his pocket at the end of the book?
2. Which of the following men has Margie never been with?
3. Why did Ethan say he took the talisman from the cabinet?
4. What was Ethan a monument of to Marullo?
5. What does Ethan buy to celebrate while on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stoney tell Ethan after he talks to Biggers for the first time since owning the store?
2. What does Mr. Baker say he would do for Ethan if he finds Danny?
3. What does Joey say that shows Ethan his bank robbery might have failed?
4. What does Margie offer to do for Ethan and Mary on the day Ethan learns he now owns the store?
5. What does Ethan say July usually is?
6. What does Margie say to Ethan while he is on a walk after Allen's party?
7. What did one of Ethan's fellow officers do to concentrate on the war?
8. What does Margie realize when she flirts with Ethan about paying her for the fortune she read for Mary?
9. How was Allen's plagiarism discovered?
10. Why does Ethan say he does not want to run for the town manager's office?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)