|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Ethan talk to when he is in bed after celebrating Allen's prize?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His father.
(c) His mother.
(d) His grandfather.
2. Whom does Ethan say he think turned Marullo into the Department of Immigration?
3. What does Ethan dream Allen becomes after celebrating his prize?
(a) An atheist.
(b) A writer.
(c) A politician.
(d) An actor.
4. What does Margie strive to maintain in her life?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her respect.
(d) Her values.
5. How many items does Ethan buy to celebrate while on vacation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person in the bank to offer condolences for Danny's death?
2. What interrupts Allen's rock music?
3. Why is Allen's speech being discredited?
4. What stings Ethan while he is in his special place at the end of the book?
5. What does Allen say he wants to do for a living after winning the contest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stoney tell Ethan after he talks to Biggers for the first time since owning the store?
2. How does Mary respond when she hears that Ethan now owns the store?
3. What did Ethan plan to do to make people believe he was in the bathroom during the robbery?
4. What does Ethan plan to do in his special place at the end of the book, and why?
5. What does Ethan do when Biggers comes into the store for the first time after Ethan owns it?
6. What does Joey say that shows Ethan his bank robbery might have failed?
7. What does Margie offer to do for Ethan and Mary on the day Ethan learns he now owns the store?
8. What does Marullo tell Ethan when he offers to let Ethan take some time off?
9. What changes Ethan's mind about what he wanted to do a the end of the book?
10. What did one of Ethan's fellow officers do to concentrate on the war?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)