|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ethan talk to everybody he sees while sweeping the sidewalk?
(a) He is talking himself out of the robbery.
(b) He feels happy and friendly.
(c) He feels nervous.
(d) He wants alibis.
2. Who spoke against the town manager in the grand jury?
3. What does Ethan put in his pocket before leaving the house after hearing about Allen's speech being discredited?
(a) The talisman.
(b) Razor blades.
(d) A mirror.
4. What does Ethan buy to celebrate while on vacation?
5. How long did one of Ethan's fellow soldiers give himself every day to think about his family?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 45 minutes.
(c) 15 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Ethan say he is buying Marullo's store for?
2. Who is the only person who Ethan thinks might know what he has started?
3. Where has Marullo been feeling pain?
4. Why can't Mary relax while on vacation?
5. What does Mary do when she hears that Ethan owns the store?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary respond when she hears that Ethan now owns the store?
2. What does Ethan say July usually is?
3. What does Ethan do when Biggers comes into the store for the first time after Ethan owns it?
4. What did Ethan plan to do to make people believe he was in the bathroom during the robbery?
5. What does Marullo tell Ethan when he offers to let Ethan take some time off?
6. What does Baker do and say when he sees Ethan after hearing about Danny's death?
7. What changes Ethan's mind about what he wanted to do a the end of the book?
8. What place did Allen take in the essay contest, and why is Ethan so surprised by this?
9. What did one of Ethan's fellow officers do to concentrate on the war?
10. What does Margie realize when she flirts with Ethan about paying her for the fortune she read for Mary?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)