|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan do when he can't get to sleep at the beginning of the book?
(a) Watch the television.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Read a book.
2. Who invites Ethan and his wife over for tea on Easter?
(b) Mr. Baker.
(d) Mr. Marullo.
3. Where did Danny go to college?
(b) The Naval Academy.
(c) A Community College.
4. What happened when Ethan killed the rabbits in Mary's garden?
(a) He had bad dreams for weeks.
(b) He let the rabbits into another garden.
(c) He hired someone else.
(d) He got sick.
5. What wakes Ethan up on the Tuesday after Easter?
(a) A siren.
(d) Mary screaming.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ethan say is carrying a torch for him?
2. What does Margie NOT do while she is at Ethan's house for dinner?
3. How many children does Ethan have?
4. What does Allen tell Ethan he wants to be when they are in the attic?
5. What causes Ethan to go to his special place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distracts Ethan while he is at Dinner with Mary and Margie?
2. What does Allen say he wants to be when he grows up, and why?
3. What does the salesman say to Ethan when they speak for the first time?
4. What does Mary say when Ethan says he is hesitant to invest with Baker?
5. What does Ethan think may have caused him to become a clerk when he lost his fortune?
6. What does Ethan think of when he goes to the old harbor?
7. What are the possible prizes for winning the contest that Ethan's children want to join?
8. What does Ethan say will happen if Baker is able to get Danny's to make him a guardian?
9. What does Baker say to Ethan about the investment he wants him to get involved in?
10. What happens when Biggers comes back into the store?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)