|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following questionable things are good men in the town NOT doing?
(a) Selling bad produce.
(b) Fixing tickets.
(c) Buying land with privileged information.
(d) Inflating prices.
2. Where did Ethan think Jesus was the day before Easter?
(b) The tomb.
3. What does Mary give Ethan when she comes to the store?
(a) A letter.
(b) An envelope of money.
(c) A grocery list.
(d) A book.
4. Where does Ethan suggest Mr. Marullo go?
(b) The hospital.
(c) His house.
(d) New York.
5. Which of the following is NOT part of the prize for winning the contest?
(a) Free college tuition.
(b) A cash prize.
(c) Going on TV.
(d) Meeting the President.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people in Ethan's hometown feel at the beginning of Part Two?
2. Whose advice caused Ethan's family to lose their property?
3. Who does Ethan see sleepwalking?
4. Who taught Ethan most of what he knows about religion?
5. What does Morphy use to keep the back entrance to the bank open?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the salesman say to Ethan when they speak for the first time?
2. What job does Ethan offer to Allen, and how does he respond to this offer?
3. What does Ethan think about when he wakes up on the Saturday before Easter?
4. What does Ethan offer to do to help Danny?
5. What does Ellen ask Ethan about while he is dressing for dinner, and what is his response?
6. What did Mary hear when she had her fortune read?
7. How is Marullo described at the beginning of the book?
8. What kind of bad things are good men doing in Ethan's town?
9. What does Ethan think about while he is alone after Easter?
10. What is the contest that Ethan's children want to join?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)