|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many items does Ethan buy to celebrate while on vacation?
2. How does Margie plan to make her financial situation secure?
(a) Wait for her uncle to die.
(b) Sue a company.
(c) Find a husband.
(d) Become the mistress of a rich man.
3. What does Ethan say is admired over morality?
4. Whom does Ethan talk to when he is in bed after celebrating Allen's prize?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
5. What place did Allen win in the essay contest?
(c) Honorable Mention.
6. Why can't Mary relax while on vacation?
(a) She wants to have her fortune read.
(b) She wants to visit the store.
(c) She wants to check on her inheritance.
(d) She wants to spread the news.
7. What does Ellen ask Ethan to let her hold during the party for Allen?
(a) The talisman.
(b) Allen's framed speech.
(c) His hand.
(d) Her old doll.
8. Where does Margie offer to take the kids so Ethan and Mary can be alone?
(a) Her house.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New Brunswick.
(d) New York.
9. Why does Margie not see Joey as a prospect?
(a) He does not flirt with her enough.
(b) He is too young.
(c) He is not wealthy.
(d) He is a bachelor.
10. What does Allen say he wants to do for a living after winning the contest?
(a) Enter contests.
(b) Teach at a college.
(c) Write screen plays.
(d) Work in television.
11. What interrupts Allen's rock music?
(a) A power outage.
(b) Ellen's country music.
(c) A special announcement.
(d) An advertisement.
12. Where does Ethan dream of going while he is in his special place at the end of the book?
(a) Margie's house.
(d) The bottom of the ocean.
13. How much money does Marullo give Ethan when he offers to let him take a vacation?
14. How much money does Ethan say he is buying Marullo's store for?
15. What does Ethan find in his pocket at the end of the book?
(a) The talisman.
(b) A note from Ellen.
(c) A picture of his grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margie strive to maintain in her life?
2. How does Margie get money without having a job?
3. Whom does Ethan think should own the talisman now?
4. Where do Ethan and Mary go for their holiday together?
5. Whom does Margie want to release from the pain of his life?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)