|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What will be built where an old hotel is being bulldozed?
(a) A park.
(b) A chain store.
(c) A school.
(d) A gas station.
2. What does Morphy use to keep the back entrance to the bank open?
(a) A think wire.
(b) A block of wood.
(c) An old magazine.
(d) A wadded up tissue.
3. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
4. Who taught Ethan how to get rid of bad memories?
(a) His boss.
(b) His teacher.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) A roommate.
5. Where did Ethan meet Mary?
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) New York.
6. What does Ethan say he does in his special place?
(a) Empties his mind.
(b) Remembers the past.
(c) Ponders the future.
(d) Takes stock.
7. What does Joey dream about doing?
(a) Being rich.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Falling in love.
(d) Becoming famous.
8. Where is the place where Ethan is calling at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
(d) Las Vegas.
9. What does Ethan's wife never do when she sleeps?
(c) Sleeps long.
(d) Wakes easy.
10. Who does Ethan think about on Easter?
(a) Grandma Dorothy.
(b) Great Aunt Delilah.
(c) Aunt Deborah.
(d) Cousin Dressie.
11. What is the name of Ethan's home town?
(a) New Threshtown.
(b) New Thornton.
(c) New Brunswick.
(d) New Baytown.
12. Where did Danny go to college?
(a) The Naval Academy.
(b) A Community College.
13. What does the sleepwalker touch?
(a) A door knob.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A sword.
(d) A tree.
14. Where do Ethan's kids go after their dinner with Margie?
(a) A school play.
(b) The attic.
(c) The church.
(d) The movies.
15. Why does Baker say he has the wives leave when he begins talking about business?
(a) They are not knowledgeable enough.
(b) His wife has something to show Mary.
(c) They will be bored.
(d) They have some cakes to fetch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
2. What does Ethan say he has never actively sought?
3. What was Ethan's home town built on its wealth of?
4. What does Ethan say men are doing all the time?
5. How does Ethan travel to work at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)