|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ethan bring up at the tea service that is dismissed by all in attendance?
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
2. What is Joey Morphy's occupation?
(b) Bank teller.
(c) Grocery bagger.
(d) Sidewalk sweeper.
3. What was Ethan's home town built on its wealth of?
(a) Whale oil.
(d) Corn and wheat.
4. Where did the item that the sleepwalker touched come from?
(a) A mason ritual.
(b) A war trip.
(c) A city tradition.
(d) A whaling expedition.
5. What does Allen tell Ethan he wants to be when they are in the attic?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A banker.
(c) A pirate.
(d) A politician.
6. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
(a) Ethan's family.
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Margie's mother.
7. What happened when Ethan killed the rabbits in Mary's garden?
(a) He had bad dreams for weeks.
(b) He hired someone else.
(c) He got sick.
(d) He let the rabbits into another garden.
8. What does Ethan's wife never do when she sleeps?
(a) Sleeps long.
(d) Wakes easy.
9. Who does Ethan think about on Easter?
(a) Great Aunt Delilah.
(b) Cousin Dressie.
(c) Grandma Dorothy.
(d) Aunt Deborah.
10. Where does Ethan work?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A school.
(c) A bank.
(d) A grocery store.
11. Why does Morphy think Baker has a big ceremony when opening the vault every day?
(a) He has a disorder.
(b) He is a Mason.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He is terrified of being robbed.
12. Where was Ethan when his family fortune was lost?
(a) At a boarding school.
(b) On vacation.
(c) At college.
(d) At war.
13. Who does Ethan call after he closes he store at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) The Department of Immigration.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The bank.
14. What does Ethan tell Mr. Baker kills a man?
15. What does Ethan say about Margie when she comes into the store before Easter?
(a) She is good company.
(b) She is youthful.
(c) She is annoying.
(d) She is sexy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ethan forget to do when he is talking to his canned goods?
2. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
3. What kind of man does Ethan say he has always been?
4. What does Joey do when he enters the back door of the bank?
5. Where is Ethan's secret place?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)