|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ethan's oldest son?
2. What does the sleepwalker touch?
(a) A tree.
(b) A talisman.
(c) A door knob.
(d) A sword.
3. What does Allen tell Ethan he wants to be when they are in the attic?
(a) A pirate.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A politician.
(d) A banker.
4. Who does Ethan say is carrying a torch for him?
5. What does Ethan say he does not want from other people?
6. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
7. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
(a) Hearst Papers.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Vanderbilt Oil.
(d) Baker's Bank.
8. What does Ethan take to work the day after Easter?
(a) An old book.
(b) The Masonic case.
(c) His check book.
(d) A notebook and pen.
9. What is the name of Ethan's childhood best friend?
10. Where does Ethan suggest Mr. Marullo go?
(a) The hospital.
(c) New York.
(d) His house.
11. Who does Ethan call after he closes he store at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) The Department of Immigration.
(b) The bank.
(c) The hospital.
12. How did the item that the sleepwalker touched feel when Ethan touched it?
13. What does Mary give Ethan when she comes to the store?
(a) A letter.
(b) An envelope of money.
(c) A grocery list.
(d) A book.
14. Where did the item that the sleepwalker touched come from?
(a) A war trip.
(b) A whaling expedition.
(c) A mason ritual.
(d) A city tradition.
15. Where does Baker want Ethan to get the money for an investment?
(a) Mary's inheritance.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A bribe from Biggers.
(d) His house deed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Baker say he has the wives leave when he begins talking about business?
2. Which of the following is NOT part of the prize for winning the contest?
3. What does Baker think Ethan should do with his wife's money?
4. Who does Ethan see sleepwalking?
5. What kind of person does Ethan label himself as?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)