|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary give Ethan when she comes to the store?
(a) A grocery list.
(b) A book.
(c) An envelope of money.
(d) A letter.
2. What does Joey do when he enters the back door of the bank?
(a) Rigs the door not to lock.
(b) Leaves a note in the crack.
(c) Leaves a spare key under a mat.
(d) Signals to someone Ethan can't see.
3. Where is the place where Ethan is calling at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
(c) Washington D.C.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. What does Morphy use to keep the back entrance to the bank open?
(a) A wadded up tissue.
(b) An old magazine.
(c) A block of wood.
(d) A think wire.
5. What is the name of Ethan's oldest son?
6. What does Ethan evaluate after his Easter dinner?
(a) His lack of wealth.
(b) His discontent with his life.
(c) His decision making process.
(d) His happiness with his family.
7. What does Ethan say his wife never does when they talk?
(d) Take interest.
8. What does Ethan forget to do when he is talking to his canned goods?
(a) Price the produce.
(b) Sign for the shipment.
(c) Turn on the register.
(d) Open the doors.
9. Why does Baker say he has the wives leave when he begins talking about business?
(a) They are not knowledgeable enough.
(b) They have some cakes to fetch.
(c) They will be bored.
(d) His wife has something to show Mary.
10. Where did Ethan think Jesus was the day before Easter?
(c) The tomb.
11. Who does Ethan bring up at the tea service that is dismissed by all in attendance?
(b) His mother.
(c) His grandfather.
12. What ended Ethan's appetite for killing?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) Accidentally shooting his dog.
(c) Seeing a violent crime.
(d) The war.
13. How did a boy Allen knows get a lot of money?
(a) He starred in a movie.
(b) He wrote a movie script.
(c) He sang at a talent show.
(d) He cheated at a game.
14. Where is Ethan's secret place?
(a) At the harbor.
(b) In an abandoned school house.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the attic.
15. What does Allen say he is the only kid in town without?
(a) A motorbike.
(b) A baseball mitt.
(c) A wrist watch.
(d) New pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose father owned a ship with Ethan's grandfather?
2. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
3. How does Ethan feel when Margie comes to dinner?
4. Which of the following animals did Ethan NOT kill as a child?
5. Who does Ethan go to see on Easter night?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)