|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who taught Ethan how to get rid of bad memories?
(a) His boss.
(b) A roommate.
(c) A sergeant.
(d) His teacher.
2. What does Ethan say he has never actively sought?
3. Where do Ethan's kids go after their dinner with Margie?
(a) The church.
(b) A school play.
(c) The movies.
(d) The attic.
4. What college did Ethan go to?
5. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
6. Why does Morphy say Marullo has probably never been back to Italy?
(a) He likes America better.
(b) He is an illegal alien.
(c) His family is all dead.
(d) He was disowned.
7. Why does Morphy think Ethan should open a store?
(a) The people all like him.
(b) Marullo will not give him a raise.
(c) He knows the business inside and out.
(d) He has the money saved up.
8. Where is Ethan's secret place?
(a) In the attic.
(b) At the harbor.
(c) In an abandoned school house.
(d) In the basement.
9. What does Ethan evaluate after his Easter dinner?
(a) His discontent with his life.
(b) His lack of wealth.
(c) His decision making process.
(d) His happiness with his family.
10. What does Baker think Ethan should do with his wife's money?
(a) Split it.
(b) Save it.
(c) Invest it.
(d) Spend it.
11. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
(a) Vanderbilt Oil.
(b) Hearst Papers.
(c) Baker's Bank.
(d) Harvard University.
12. Who invites Ethan and his wife over for tea on Easter?
(b) Mr. Marullo.
(d) Mr. Baker.
13. What is Mary sick with the Tuesday after Easter?
(a) A cold.
(c) A hangover.
(d) The flu.
14. What is happening to Danny in Ethan's dream on Easter?
(a) He is melting.
(b) He dies every night.
(c) He is being executed.
(d) His is fading away.
15. What does Joey dream about doing?
(a) Being rich.
(b) Becoming famous.
(c) Robbing a bank.
(d) Falling in love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Ethan learn to get rid of bad memories?
2. Why does Morphy think Baker has a big ceremony when opening the vault every day?
3. What happened to Ethan's grandfather's ship?
4. Where did Ethan meet Mary?
5. What does Mary hope the people in town will stop doing to Ethan after hearing her fortune read?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)