|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Allen tell Ethan he wants to be when they are in the attic?
(a) A politician.
(b) A pirate.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A banker.
2. What is Ethan's last name?
3. Whose advice caused Ethan's family to lose their property?
4. What is the name of Ethan's home town?
(a) New Thornton.
(b) New Threshtown.
(c) New Brunswick.
(d) New Baytown.
5. Where does Baker want Ethan to get the money for an investment?
(a) A bribe from Biggers.
(b) His house deed.
(c) Mary's inheritance.
(d) The grocery store.
6. How much money does Danny ask Ethan for?
7. Where does Ethan work?
(a) A school.
(b) A bank.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A grocery store.
8. What contest has Ethan's children signed up for?
(a) America's Best.
(b) I Love America.
(c) We the People.
(d) Children of America.
9. What was Ethan's home town built on its wealth of?
(a) Whale oil.
(c) Corn and wheat.
10. Where would Danny go if Baker was his guardian?
(a) The hospital.
(b) Baker's house.
(c) An asylum.
11. Why does Morphy say Marullo has probably never been back to Italy?
(a) He is an illegal alien.
(b) He likes America better.
(c) His family is all dead.
(d) He was disowned.
12. What wakes Ethan up on the Tuesday after Easter?
(c) Mary screaming.
(d) A siren.
13. Why does Ethan think Danny turned to drinking?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was ashamed.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He was arrogant.
14. What does Ethan forget to do when he is talking to his canned goods?
(a) Sign for the shipment.
(b) Price the produce.
(c) Turn on the register.
(d) Open the doors.
15. What month will Mary's fortune about Ethan take place?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Ethan's childhood best friend?
2. What causes Ethan to go to his special place?
3. Where are the books Ethan's children want to use for research for the contest?
4. What makes Mary question her husband's faith?
5. What is Mary planning to do with her best friend at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)