|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose advice caused Ethan's family to lose their property?
2. Who told Ethan that Danny was all cleaned up and sober?
3. Which of the following animals did Ethan NOT kill as a child?
4. Which of the following does Danny NOT give to Ethan in an envelope?
(a) A personal letter.
(b) A picture.
(c) A will.
(d) The deed to his land.
5. Where did Ethan meet Mary?
(a) Washington D.C.
(b) New York.
6. What does Ethan do when he can't get to sleep at the beginning of the book?
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Watch the television.
(d) Read a book.
7. What is Willie's occupation?
(c) Bar tender.
8. What does Allen say he wants to be when he grows up at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) A singer.
(b) A writer.
(c) A game show host.
(d) A TV star.
9. What kind of person does Ethan label himself as?
(a) Ancestor People.
(b) People of Morality.
(c) People of Consequence.
(d) Content People.
10. What does Bake want to build on Taylor Meadow?
(a) A park.
(b) A school.
(c) A shopping mall.
(d) An airfield.
11. What does Ethan say his wife never does when they talk?
(b) Take interest.
12. Where does Ethan work?
(a) A bank.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A grocery store.
(d) A school.
13. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
(a) Hearst Papers.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Vanderbilt Oil.
(d) Baker's Bank.
14. What does Ethan say he does in his special place?
(a) Remembers the past.
(b) Ponders the future.
(c) Empties his mind.
(d) Takes stock.
15. Why does Ethan think Danny turned to drinking?
(a) He was lazy.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was ashamed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contest has Ethan's children signed up for?
2. How does Ethan feel when Margie comes to dinner?
3. Where is Ethan's secret place?
4. What does Allen say he is the only kid in town without?
5. What does Joey dream about doing?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)