|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary say Ethan is wallowing in?
(a) His idleness.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His failure.
(d) His reputation.
2. What is Mr. Baker's profession?
3. What does Ethan say he does in his special place?
(a) Ponders the future.
(b) Takes stock.
(c) Remembers the past.
(d) Empties his mind.
4. What is Joey Morphy's occupation?
(a) Bank teller.
(b) Grocery bagger.
(c) Sidewalk sweeper.
5. What does Mary give Ethan when she comes to the store?
(a) A grocery list.
(b) A letter.
(c) An envelope of money.
(d) A book.
6. What happened when Ethan killed the rabbits in Mary's garden?
(a) He got sick.
(b) He hired someone else.
(c) He had bad dreams for weeks.
(d) He let the rabbits into another garden.
7. What is the name of Ethan's childhood best friend?
8. What is stored near the register change?
(a) A knife.
(b) A phone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A ledger.
9. Who does Ethan go to see on Easter night?
(a) Mr. Baker.
(b) Mr. Marullo.
10. How many children does Ethan have?
11. What college did Ethan go to?
12. What is the name of Ethan's home town?
(a) New Baytown.
(b) New Threshtown.
(c) New Thornton.
(d) New Brunswick.
13. What is Mary planning to do with her best friend at the beginning of the book?
(a) Visit a famous fortune teller.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Get a massage.
(d) Have a tarot card reading.
14. What does Ethan say he has never actively sought?
15. Which of the following is NOT part of the prize for winning the contest?
(a) A cash prize.
(b) Meeting the President.
(c) Free college tuition.
(d) Going on TV.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
2. Why does Ethan think Danny turned to drinking?
3. What does Allen say he wants to be when he grows up at the beginning of Part Two?
4. Who told Ethan that Danny was all cleaned up and sober?
5. What is Ethan's wife cooking for dinner the day before Easter?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)