|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ethan's last name?
2. Why does Ethan think Danny turned to drinking?
(a) He was ashamed.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He was lazy.
(d) He was depressed.
3. Where did the item that the sleepwalker touched come from?
(a) A city tradition.
(b) A war trip.
(c) A mason ritual.
(d) A whaling expedition.
4. Who told Ethan that Danny was all cleaned up and sober?
5. Whose father owned a ship with Ethan's grandfather?
6. What is Willie's occupation?
(c) Bar tender.
7. Whose advice caused Ethan's family to lose their property?
8. What wakes Ethan up on the Tuesday after Easter?
(a) Mary screaming.
(c) A siren.
9. How does Ethan travel to work at the beginning of the book?
(a) He walks.
(b) He rides a bike.
(c) A drives a car.
(d) He takes the bus.
10. Who invites Ethan and his wife over for tea on Easter?
(c) Mr. Baker.
(d) Mr. Marullo.
11. What month will Mary's fortune about Ethan take place?
12. What makes Mary question her husband's faith?
(a) His lack of prayers.
(b) His foul language.
(c) His silence at the church.
(d) His sarcastic comments.
13. What is Stoney's occupation?
(a) Store owner.
(b) Chief of Police.
14. How does Ethan feel when he gets home from work at the beginning of Part Two?
15. What does Bake want to build on Taylor Meadow?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A park.
(c) An airfield.
(d) A school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Morphy think Baker has a big ceremony when opening the vault every day?
2. Where does Morphy think Ethan should open his own store?
3. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
4. What does Ethan say is making people look at him differently?
5. What is happening to Danny in Ethan's dream on Easter?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)