|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ethan tell his wife when he comes home from work at the beginning of the book?
(a) They are going away.
(b) They need to talk.
(c) He has a lot to tell her.
(d) He is too tired to talk.
2. What does Baker think Ethan should do with his wife's money?
(a) Invest it.
(b) Save it.
(c) Split it.
(d) Spend it.
3. What does Ethan say he has never actively sought?
4. What does Bake want to build on Taylor Meadow?
(a) A park.
(b) A shopping mall.
(c) A school.
(d) An airfield.
5. Who invites Ethan and his wife over for tea on Easter?
(b) Mr. Marullo.
(d) Mr. Baker.
6. What ended Ethan's appetite for killing?
(a) The death of his father.
(b) Accidentally shooting his dog.
(c) The war.
(d) Seeing a violent crime.
7. Where is the place where Ethan is calling at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) New York.
(d) Washington D.C.
8. What does Ethan say his wife never does when they talk?
(c) Take interest.
9. Which of the following is NOT part of the prize for winning the contest?
(a) Free college tuition.
(b) Going on TV.
(c) Meeting the President.
(d) A cash prize.
10. What is Mary sick with the Tuesday after Easter?
(b) The flu.
(c) A cold.
(d) A hangover.
11. What does Morphy use to keep the back entrance to the bank open?
(a) A think wire.
(b) A wadded up tissue.
(c) A block of wood.
(d) An old magazine.
12. What happens when Margie pulls out her tarot cards in front of Ethan?
(a) He faints.
(b) He feels a searing pain.
(c) He sees her trick sheet.
(d) Mary gets upset.
13. What is Stoney's occupation?
(b) Chief of Police.
(c) Store owner.
14. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
(b) Mr. Baker.
(c) Ethan's family.
(d) Margie's mother.
15. What is Mary planning to do with her best friend at the beginning of the book?
(a) Get a massage.
(b) Have a tarot card reading.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Visit a famous fortune teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey do when he enters the back door of the bank?
2. How many children does Ethan have?
3. Where would Danny go if Baker was his guardian?
4. Why does Morphy think Ethan should open a store?
5. What does Ethan say about Margie when she comes into the store before Easter?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)