|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Morphy think Baker has a big ceremony when opening the vault every day?
(a) He is a Mason.
(b) He is terrified of being robbed.
(c) He is arrogant.
(d) He has a disorder.
2. What was Ethan's home town built on its wealth of?
(b) Whale oil.
(c) Corn and wheat.
3. Where does Ethan work?
(a) A bank.
(b) A school.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A grocery store.
4. What month does Part Two start in?
5. What wakes Ethan up on the Tuesday after Easter?
(b) A siren.
(c) Mary screaming.
6. What do people in Ethan's hometown feel at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) New energy.
(b) An oncoming depression.
(c) Calm and peace.
(d) Mounting anxiety.
7. Where is Ethan's secret place?
(a) In the attic.
(b) In an abandoned school house.
(c) At the harbor.
(d) In the basement.
8. Where is the place where Ethan is calling at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Las Vegas.
(d) Washington D.C.
9. Where do Ethan's kids go after their dinner with Margie?
(a) The movies.
(b) A school play.
(c) The church.
(d) The attic.
10. What kind of person does Ethan label himself as?
(a) People of Consequence.
(b) People of Morality.
(c) Ancestor People.
(d) Content People.
11. What does Mary say Ethan is wallowing in?
(a) His failure.
(b) His sickness.
(c) His idleness.
(d) His reputation.
12. What does Bake want to build on Taylor Meadow?
(a) A shopping mall.
(b) A school.
(c) A park.
(d) An airfield.
13. Who told Ethan that Danny was all cleaned up and sober?
14. What is the name of Ethan's oldest son?
15. What does Mary make for Ethan after they make love?
(a) A sandwich.
(b) A batch of cookies.
(c) A cake.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Ethan say he has always been?
2. Who invited Margie to Ethan's house for dinner?
3. What does Margie NOT do while she is at Ethan's house for dinner?
4. What does Ethan say is making people look at him differently?
5. What did Mary's fortune say about Ethan?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)