|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Ethan meet Mary?
(a) Washington D.C.
(c) New York.
2. What does Mary give Ethan when she comes to the store?
(a) A book.
(b) A letter.
(c) An envelope of money.
(d) A grocery list.
3. What does Ethan say is filling the country at this time?
4. Who taught Ethan most of what he knows about religion?
(a) His wife.
(b) His mother.
(c) Aunt Deborah.
(d) Grandma Lois.
5. What is Joey Morphy's occupation?
(b) Grocery bagger.
(c) Bank teller.
(d) Sidewalk sweeper.
6. Which of the following animals did Ethan NOT kill as a child?
7. What is Ethan's last name?
8. Who does Ethan call after he closes he store at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) The hospital.
(c) The bank.
(d) The Department of Immigration.
9. What did Mary's fortune say about Ethan?
(a) He had a wandering heart.
(b) He would die young.
(c) He would have more children.
(d) He would be rich.
10. How does Ethan travel to work at the beginning of the book?
(a) He takes the bus.
(b) A drives a car.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He walks.
11. What does Ethan say he does not want from other people?
12. What does Ethan tell Mr. Baker kills a man?
13. What is stored near the register change?
(a) A ledger.
(b) A phone.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
14. What contest has Ethan's children signed up for?
(a) America's Best.
(b) I Love America.
(c) Children of America.
(d) We the People.
15. What is stored in Ethan's attic?
(a) Lots of books.
(b) Old documents.
(c) His father's war materials.
(d) His mother's clothes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ethan feel when he gets home from work at the beginning of Part Two?
2. What does Ethan tell his wife when he comes home from work at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Ethan say is making people look at him differently?
4. What does Mary make for Ethan after they make love?
5. What makes Mary question her husband's faith?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)