|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
(a) Ethan's family.
(b) Mr. Baker.
(d) Margie's mother.
2. Where would Danny go if Baker was his guardian?
(a) Baker's house.
(c) The hospital.
(d) An asylum.
3. What does Ethan say his wife never does when they talk?
(a) Take interest.
4. Why does Ethan think Danny turned to drinking?
(a) He was ashamed.
(b) He was arrogant.
(c) He was depressed.
(d) He was lazy.
5. Where does Ethan work?
(a) A bank.
(b) A grocery store.
(c) A school.
(d) A hotel.
6. Why does Morphy think Baker has a big ceremony when opening the vault every day?
(a) He is arrogant.
(b) He is terrified of being robbed.
(c) He is a Mason.
(d) He has a disorder.
7. Who taught Ethan how to get rid of bad memories?
(a) His boss.
(b) A roommate.
(c) His teacher.
(d) A sergeant.
8. What causes Ethan to go to his special place?
(a) Intense feelings.
(b) Sleepless nights.
(c) Bad dreams.
(d) Big changes.
9. What does Allen say he is the only kid in town without?
(a) New pants.
(b) A wrist watch.
(c) A motorbike.
(d) A baseball mitt.
10. What is the name of Ethan's childhood best friend?
11. How did a boy Allen knows get a lot of money?
(a) He wrote a movie script.
(b) He cheated at a game.
(c) He sang at a talent show.
(d) He starred in a movie.
12. Where is the place where Ethan is calling at the beginning of Part Two?
(a) Las Vegas.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Washington D.C.
13. What does Stoney tell Ethan about before he goes to work before Easter?
(a) A bank robbery.
(b) His sick son.
(c) His dying grandmother.
(d) A house demolition.
14. What job does Ethan offer to Allen?
(a) A school janitor.
(b) A farm hand.
(c) A lawn care taker.
(d) A store worker.
15. What does Ethan evaluate after his Easter dinner?
(a) His happiness with his family.
(b) His discontent with his life.
(c) His decision making process.
(d) His lack of wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ethan think about on Easter?
2. How does Ethan travel to work at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of Ethan's oldest daughter?
4. What happened to Ethan's grandfather's ship?
5. What happened when Ethan killed the rabbits in Mary's garden?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)