|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Ethan's oldest son?
2. What is the name of Ethan's childhood best friend?
3. Where does Ethan suggest Mr. Marullo go?
(a) His house.
(b) The hospital.
(d) New York.
4. Why does Morphy think Ethan should open a store?
(a) Marullo will not give him a raise.
(b) He has the money saved up.
(c) He knows the business inside and out.
(d) The people all like him.
5. Where are the books Ethan's children want to use for research for the contest?
(a) The library.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) The office.
6. Which of the following questionable things are good men in the town NOT doing?
(a) Fixing tickets.
(b) Buying land with privileged information.
(c) Selling bad produce.
(d) Inflating prices.
7. What is happening to Danny in Ethan's dream on Easter?
(a) He dies every night.
(b) He is being executed.
(c) He is melting.
(d) His is fading away.
8. Where does Morphy think Ethan should open his own store?
(a) In the new town center.
(b) In the old down town.
(c) By the bank.
(d) Next to Marullo's store.
9. What is Stoney's occupation?
(a) Chief of Police.
(d) Store owner.
10. What college did Ethan go to?
11. What does Joey do when he enters the back door of the bank?
(a) Leaves a spare key under a mat.
(b) Signals to someone Ethan can't see.
(c) Leaves a note in the crack.
(d) Rigs the door not to lock.
12. Where is Ethan's secret place?
(a) In the attic.
(b) At the harbor.
(c) In an abandoned school house.
(d) In the basement.
13. What is Mary planning to do with her best friend at the beginning of the book?
(a) Have a tarot card reading.
(b) Visit a famous fortune teller.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Get a massage.
14. What does Ethan evaluate after his Easter dinner?
(a) His discontent with his life.
(b) His lack of wealth.
(c) His decision making process.
(d) His happiness with his family.
15. What wakes Ethan up on the Tuesday after Easter?
(a) Mary screaming.
(c) A siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
2. What does Baker call Ethan when he comes to the store after Mary withdraws the money?
3. What is stored near the register change?
4. What contest has Ethan's children signed up for?
5. What does Ethan tell Mr. Baker kills a man?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)