Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter One
1. What does Margie say to Ethan at the beginning of the book, and how does she feel when she leaves?
2. How is Marullo described at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Marullo want to do to save money at the beginning of the book?
4. What does the salesman say to Ethan when they speak for the first time?
Short Essay Question - Chapter Two
5. What is the contest that Ethan's children want to join?
6. What are the possible...
This section contains 971 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)