|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Seven.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is sponsoring the contest Ethan's children are signing up for?
(a) Hearst Papers.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Vanderbilt Oil.
(d) Baker's Bank.
2. What is happening to Danny in Ethan's dream on Easter?
(a) He is melting.
(b) He is being executed.
(c) He dies every night.
(d) His is fading away.
3. What does Ethan say he does in his special place?
(a) Empties his mind.
(b) Ponders the future.
(c) Remembers the past.
(d) Takes stock.
4. Where are the books Ethan's children want to use for research for the contest?
(a) The office.
(b) The basement.
(c) The attic.
(d) The library.
5. What will be built where an old hotel is being bulldozed?
(a) A gas station.
(b) A park.
(c) A school.
(d) A chain store.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Ethan's kids go after their dinner with Margie?
2. What does Stoney tell Ethan about before he goes to work before Easter?
3. What happened to Ethan's grandfather's ship?
4. What is Willie's occupation?
5. Why does Baker say he has the wives leave when he begins talking about business?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)