1. What holiday is being celebrated at the beginning of the book?
(a) Good Friday.
2. What is Mary planning to do with her best friend at the beginning of the book?
(a) Visit a famous fortune teller.
(b) Get a massage.
(c) Have a tarot card reading.
(d) Go shopping.
3. What is Joey Morphy's occupation?
(a) Sidewalk sweeper.
(b) Grocery bagger.
(c) Bank teller.
4. How does Ethan travel to work at the beginning of the book?
(a) A drives a car.
(b) He takes the bus.
(c) He rides a bike.
(d) He walks.
5. Who used to own the place where Ethan works?
(a) Margie's mother.
(c) Ethan's family.
(d) Mr. Baker.
6. What rank did Ethan hold when he was in the Army?
7. What will be built where an old hotel is being bulldozed?
(a) A chain store.
(b) A gas station.
(c) A school.
(d) A park.
8. What does Joey dream about doing?
(a) Robbing a bank.
(b) Being rich.
(c) Becoming famous.
(d) Falling in love.
This section contains 3,645 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)