* Ethan and Mary chat before he leaves for work. Mary plans to meet Margie, her best friend, for a Tarot reading.
* Ethan walks to work. He meets Joey, a bank teller, along the way. Joey dreams of robbing a bank.
* We discover that Ethan's family once owned the store he works in, but the war recession and bad investments made him lose it all.
* Ethan's forefathers were whalers. He was a captain in the Army during the war. Now he works at a grocery store his family once owned.
* Mr. Baker, the banker, comes to the store to pressure Ethan to invest his wife's money to get a huge return.
* Margie comes to the store and flirts with Ethan, who does not respond. She is angered by this.
* A salesman comes to the store and bribes Ethan to switch supply companies at the store. He refuses...
This section contains 2,344 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)