|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Preparing to ride northward, Arthur and Derfel talk about their many enemies and fears that ____ may not fight.
2. Ceinwyn, as sweet as ever, is in the hall, trying to feed her ____.
3. Derfel and Valerin, the opposing commanders, exchange ritual insults, threats, and demands for ____.
4. Arthur solemnly vows to kill ____ to avenge Ratae.
5. Malldynn attacks, craving ____.
(d) Human flesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur has exchanged armor with ____ who is riding close to Gorfyddyd's men to confuse them.
2. Lancelot's party reaches Dumnonia first and he begins painting himself as a hero and Derfel and Culhwch as ____.
3. Derfel is sacrificing Tanaburs to the God ____.
4. ____ refuses to kill prisoners.
5. Nimue's life is spared by ____'s insistence.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Queen Igraine thinks of Derfel's love for Ceinwyn and why Derfel takes offense to her opinion.
2. How does Derfel describe the battle of Lugg Vale?
3. Explain what Cenwin's search for scrolls reveals.
4. Arthur feels that the war is his fault. Do you agree with that assessment? Why or why not?
5. If you were Derfel, how would you feel about your first ride on a horse being disguised as a servant?
6. When Derfel is recognized, describe who comes to his rescue and how.
7. Explain the strange battle rituals and attitudes between the opposing forces.
8. Do you think it was right and necessary for Merlin to go into hiding?
9. Explain what Arthur says tot he men before the battle, how the men react and what that says about Arthur's strength of character.
10. Explain what happens during the time that Derfel and Nimue are alone after he rescues her and whether or not you agree with how they relate to each other in the section.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)