|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gorfyddyd keeps up his lies, Arthur is furious, but lets it go when Cuneglas announces the old man's death and his ascending the ____.
2. Derfel hides his anger when he finds ____ attending the council meeting, named head of the Durnovaria garrison to free Mordred's men for war.
3. At dawn, Aelle leads his two hundred spearmen to meet the ____.
4. Nimue asks Derfel to give her ____ alive.
5. Arthur solemnly vows to kill ____ to avenge Ratae.
Short Answer Questions
1. Sagramor's 150 ____ come into play.
2. Finally, Ceinwyn is to ____.
3. Gundleus is going to marry whom?
4. Ceinwyn, as sweet as ever, is in the hall, trying to feed her ____.
5. Ligessac points out Derfel to Gorfyddyd and the hall echoes with calls for ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Malldynn and what lesson can be learned from Derfel's encounter with Malldynn.
2. Do you think it was right and necessary for Merlin to go into hiding?
3. Why do you think that Derfel and Galahad became such good friends?
4. Explain what Queen Igraine thinks of Derfel's love for Ceinwyn and why Derfel takes offense to her opinion.
5. Do you agree with Tristan arrives with six fighters from Kernow against his father's orders? Why or why not?
6. Describe the Isle Of The Dead and Derfel's journey into it.
7. Do you agree with Arthur's attitude towards his enemies?
8. Describe everyone's arrival in Dumnonia after Merlin reveals himself.
9. Do you think that it was right for Derfel to kill Tanaburs?
10. Explain how the end of the section where Arthur tries to get Lancelot and Galahad to make up lays the framework for Derfel's next mission.
This section contains 931 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)