|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Preparing to ride northward, Arthur and Derfel talk about their many enemies and fears that ____ may not fight.
2. Tanaburs talks about controlling Derfel's mother's living soul by ____ her.
3. ____ is being sent to the Isle of the Dead.
4. Ceinwyn, as sweet as ever, is in the hall, trying to feed her ____.
5. ____ is the key treasure that Merlin seeks.
(a) The Cat.
(b) The Locket.
(c) The Cauldron.
(d) The Paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. To prevent encirclement up the steep hillside, Nimue constructs a ghost ____ of severed heads.
2. Sagramor's 150 ____ come into play.
3. Merlin has been looking for a mislabeled and misfiled ____.
4. Galahad weeps, seeing his home ____.
5. Derfel rides with Galahad, disguised as his servant under the symbol of the ____.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain everyone's attitude towards the Blackshields.
2. Explain the strange battle rituals and attitudes between the opposing forces.
3. Explain what happens during the time that Derfel and Nimue are alone after he rescues her and whether or not you agree with how they relate to each other in the section.
4. Who is Malldynn and what lesson can be learned from Derfel's encounter with Malldynn.
5. Why do you think that Derfel and Galahad became such good friends?
6. Explain why Arthur feels dirty during the confrontation with Aelle. Do you agree with Arthur's actions during that confrontation?
7. Explain how the line between Christians and Pagans are blurred as they all prepare to battle again.
8. Explain what Cenwin's search for scrolls reveals.
9. If you were Derfel, how would you feel about your first ride on a horse being disguised as a servant?
10. Explain what Queen Igraine thinks of Derfel's love for Ceinwyn and why Derfel takes offense to her opinion.
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)