|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur says bluntly that he needs help killing Gorfyddyd who poses the greater danger to the ____.
2. Derfel believes that Merlin has gone to ____ Nimue on the Isle Of The Dead.
3. Since Tanaburs is killed, he is said to go to the ____.
4. Nimue's life is spared by ____'s insistence.
5. Merlin has been looking for a mislabeled and misfiled ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. From a local ____ , they learn of a second ford to the north that could cause problems.
2. Derfel hopes that ____ in the Otherworld hears Gundleus' scream.
3. Ceinwyn blushes, seeing that ____ still wears her brooch.
4. Sansum administers the Holy ____.
5. Unexpectedly, Tristan arrives with ____ fighters from Kernow, against his father's orders.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Arthur's reaction is when Gorfyddyd is mortally wounded and whether or not you agree with that reaction.
2. Explain everyone's attitude towards the Blackshields.
3. Do you agree with Tewdric's reaction to the battle?
4. Explain how the end of the section where Arthur tries to get Lancelot and Galahad to make up lays the framework for Derfel's next mission.
5. Explain the strange battle rituals and attitudes between the opposing forces.
6. Explain why Arthur feels dirty during the confrontation with Aelle. Do you agree with Arthur's actions during that confrontation?
7. Who is Malldynn and what lesson can be learned from Derfel's encounter with Malldynn.
8. Explain Gorfyddyd's promises about sparing everyone and about Mordred and how others react to them and what impact that could have on Arthur.
9. Define the relationship between Derfel and Tanaburs and how that relationship is resolved at the end of the book.
10. Do you agree with Tristan arrives with six fighters from Kernow against his father's orders? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)