|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ____ marries Ceinwyn.
2. Owain objects to ____ using Excalibur in a fight.
3. Ceinwyn gives tokens to all of arthurs men and one of them is a ____ that she gives to Derfel.
4. ____ is the place that Cadwy is from.
5. Guinevere comes close to treason by telling Derfel that Isis determines who sits on ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the war goes well, Gundleus comes to take Mordred to Caer Cadarn for acclamation as ____.
2. Lancelot is insulted that Arthur has sent a mere ____ to defend Ynys Trebes.
3. In the spring, King Ban sends Bleiddig to summon Arthur to defend ____, as he has sworn.
4. At the High Council at Glevum, ____ is dying.
5. Guinevere recalls how she got a druid to put a ____ on Ceinwyn.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it was right for the babies to be switched before Gundleus arrived?
2. Describe the character of Derfel and his role as the novel opens..
3. Explain the consequences of Arthur marrying Guinevere.
4. Explain the ceremonial process of baby Mordred becoming king.
5. Explain why Arthur plans to marry Ceinwyn and whether or not you agree with that decision.
6. Explain the evil acts that Gundelus does involving Norwenna and Nimue.
7. What's the difference between the story that Derfel is telling and the one that the Queen wants to hear and what does that say about the interpretation of events?
8. Explain why Arthur does not fight Owain with Excalibur and how Arthur has an advantage in the fight anyway.
9. Explain how the meeting between Gorfyddyd, Cuneglas and Arthur gives further detail tot he marriage plan that Arthur has and how, in general, marriages seem to be used in Arthur's time.
10. Explain how Arthur treats Gundleus and your opinions of it.
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)