|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Arthur interrogates Sarlinna, she describes Owain's ____.
2. Gorfyddyd's Edling is ____.
3. Pagan and Christian leaders agree that Arthur should marry Ceinwyn and keep Guinevere as his ____.
4. ____ is the thing of Merlin's that Arthur orders the rebuilding of.
(a) The hall.
(b) The tower.
(c) The kingdom.
(d) The ship.
5. ____ is the name of the place that the queen at the start of the story is from.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cuneglas and Ceinwyn are ____'s children.
2. Arthur intends to marry Ceinwyn to Unite ____.
3. Young Derfel is dazzled by Arthur and his ____.
4. Ailleann's twins are Loholt and ____.
5. ____ is the number of wounds that are the prerequisite to belonging to the Gods.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Arthur winds up killing Owain.
2. Describe the character of Derfel and his role as the novel opens..
3. Explain why Uther holds the first High Council in Britain in sixty years.
4. Explain Derfel's inner conflict when Tristan arrives demanding justice for the tin miners.
5. Explain why Arthur plans to marry Ceinwyn and whether or not you agree with that decision.
6. Explaina Arthur's role in Dumnonia as he prepares to leave to winter in Corinium.
7. Explain how Arthur uses bribery to get what he wants, but it backfires, in relation to Powys and Siluria. What does that say about bribery in general.
8. What's the difference between the story that Derfel is telling and the one that the Queen wants to hear and what does that say about the interpretation of events?
9. Explain the evil acts that Gundelus does involving Norwenna and Nimue.
10. Why does Derfel understand, and even respect, Arthur's plan to elope?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)