|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ban introduces Derfel to Fr. ____.
2. ____ is the name of the princess who is in labor at the start of the story.
3. Arthur remains in ____, where the king is reluctant to lose his warlord.
(b) Ynys Neis.
4. Young Derfel is dazzled by Arthur and his ____.
5. ____, who is pregnant, is staying in Lindinis when Arthur takes his men north to winter in Corinium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Arthur plans to elope with ____.
2. Arthur assigns Derfel to ____ for further seasoning.
3. Nimue and Derfel lie together in the dreadful ____.
4. ____ is the sword of Arthur.
5. ____ is where the princess went into labor.
Short Essay Questions
1. Do you think that it's good or bad that Ynys Trebes is full of poets instead of warriors?
2. How does Uther react to Arthur's name being brought up at the council meeting, in terms of being Uther's successor?
3. Describe the opening of the novel.
4. Describe the religious focus of Chapter 2.
5. Why does Arthur ask Derfel to check on Guinevere?
6. Explain how Guinevere's discussion with Derfel about her feelings for Gorfyddyd upset Derfel and how Derfel handles the situation.
7. Explain how Derfel's initiation mirrors modern-day practices.
8. Explain how Arthur treats Gundleus and your opinions of it.
9. Explaina Arthur's role in Dumnonia as he prepares to leave to winter in Corinium.
10. Do you think that it was right for the babies to be switched before Gundleus arrived?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)