|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur plans to elope with ____.
2. ____ is the magistrate that Arthur assigns to Mordred.
3. Guinevere comes close to treason by telling Derfel that Isis determines who sits on ____.
4. When Powys attacks Gwent, the ____ join the fray.
5. ____ is the person representing Merlin at the High Council at Glevum.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____ is the name of the place that the queen at the start of the story is from.
2. ____ is the name of the old monk at the start of the book.
3. Guinevere demands ____ as a wedding gift.
4. Guinevere is said to worship ____.
5. Cuneglas and Ceinwyn are ____'s children.
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Arthur winds up killing Owain.
2. Why does Derfel understand, and even respect, Arthur's plan to elope?
3. Do you think that it was right for the babies to be switched before Gundleus arrived?
4. What gift does Ceinwyn give to Derfel, why does she give it, and why does it have significance to Derfel?
5. Explain how Arthur uses bribery to get what he wants, but it backfires, in relation to Powys and Siluria. What does that say about bribery in general.
6. Who is Nimue according to the description in the first part of the book?
7. Describe Norwenna's attitude, after Uther's death.
8. Explain how Guinevere's discussion with Derfel about her feelings for Gorfyddyd upset Derfel and how Derfel handles the situation.
9. Do you think that it's good or bad that Ynys Trebes is full of poets instead of warriors?
10. Explain the consequences of Arthur marrying Guinevere.
This section contains 806 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)