|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The band comes back to Gwent where Arthur sees his sons and has Derfel deliver a ____ to Ailleann.
2. Galahad and Derfel, now fast friends and nearly brothers, race to the ____.
3. Malldynn attacks, craving ____.
(d) Human flesh.
4. ____ refuses to kill prisoners.
5. Derfel serves as a skillful interpreter, arranging with Therdig a meeting with the ____ next day.
6. Arthur offers peace, friendship, and freedom, but demands Gundleus' life and an oath that Gorfyddyd had ____.
(d) Raped Nimue.
7. Before they leave Caer Sws, Gorfyddyd suggest that he will spare everyone if Arthur ____.
(d) Gives him gold.
8. Nothing matters except restoring Britain back to pre-Roman conditions, removing all foreign ____.
9. Arthur proposes attacking at the enemy's strongest place, which is Lugg ____.
10. Nimue offers a spell of ____ for the men.
11. At the gate, ____ and Cavan hold the guards at bay on Bedwin's orders.
12. Ailleann points out Arthur's weak point, ____, which battles his conscience for supremacy.
13. The confrontation between ____ and Derfel brings things full-circle because, early in the book one had tried to kill the other.
14. Derfel and Valerin, the opposing commanders, exchange ritual insults, threats, and demands for ____.
15. Hearing that Merlin has not seen Nimue, Derfel proceeds to the ____.
(a) Isle Of The Dead.
(c) Corronation ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Nimue leads the men, they set fire to ____.
2. To prevent encirclement up the steep hillside, Nimue constructs a ghost ____ of severed heads.
3. Galahad and Derfel are admitted to Gorfyddyd's great hall where Gundleus and ____ are enthroned beside him.
4. Arthur has exchanged armor with ____ who is riding close to Gorfyddyd's men to confuse them.
5. Unexpectedly, Tristan arrives with ____ fighters from Kernow, against his father's orders.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)