|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Arthur solemnly vows to kill ____ to avenge Ratae.
2. The confrontation between ____ and Derfel brings things full-circle because, early in the book one had tried to kill the other.
3. Arthur tells of plans to kill Gundleus, give ____ his throne, and marry him to Ceinwyn.
4. Derfel has never ridden on a ____.
5. Men defiantly sing the War Song of Beli ____ when the enemy arrives.
6. The band comes back to Gwent where Arthur sees his sons and has Derfel deliver a ____ to Ailleann.
7. From a local ____ , they learn of a second ford to the north that could cause problems.
8. Galahad and Derfel are admitted to Gorfyddyd's great hall where Gundleus and ____ are enthroned beside him.
9. Nimue offers a spell of ____ for the men.
10. The firt clash of Lugg vale, Derfel insists, occurs in the ____.
(a) Valley clearing.
(c) River ford.
11. To prevent encirclement up the steep hillside, Nimue constructs a ghost ____ of severed heads.
12. ____ is Nimue's accuser.
13. Derfel hides his anger when he finds ____ attending the council meeting, named head of the Durnovaria garrison to free Mordred's men for war.
14. Derfel and Valerin, the opposing commanders, exchange ritual insults, threats, and demands for ____.
15. Ceinwyn, as sweet as ever, is in the hall, trying to feed her ____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Queen Igraine is elated to know that Derfel loves Ceinwyn, which explains his hatred for ____.
2. When Merlin leaves, Iorweth accompanies Galahad and Derfel to the feast, but makes them eat in Queen ____'s hall rather than among the warriors.
3. As Derfel confronts Tanaburs, who comes to deal with Gundleus?
4. Gorfyddyd is uniting the tribes against ____.
5. There is danger that the Blackshields will advance from Coel's ____.
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)