Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
2. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
3. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
4. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
5. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of law enforcement in the book. How does the author suggest that law enforcement has flaws and is not always the best judge of character, based on George Masters' portrayal in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Greed is one sentiment shown in many of the book's characters and is responsible for many of their actions.
Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the true nature of greed based on the detrimental circumstances that occurred with LuAnn in the book? Part 2.) What evidence is present to suggest one can overcome greed with love?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the true nature of greed based on Jackson's fate?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)