|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Matt convince LuAnn that she must cooperate with in order to gain her freedom from Jackson?
2. What kind of car does John Pemperton reveal was in the car chase with LuAnn?
3. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
4. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
5. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
2. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
3. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
4. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
5. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
6. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
7. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
8. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
9. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
10. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of wealth in the book. What evidence is present in the book to suggest that being wealthy is not always a positive thing?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of strength presented in the book. Which character represents the epitome of strength, and what traits does he or she possess that makes this true?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)