Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
2. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
3. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
4. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
5. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
The concept of nostalgia is one thing that drives many of the antagonist's actions in the book.
Part 1.) What role does Jackson's childhood play on his actions as an adult?
Part 2.) What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the nostalgia present in his home?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the impact one's nostalgia can have on the present based on Jackson's actions in the book?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)