Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
2. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
3. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
4. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
5. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
Discuss the nature of the antagonist portrayed in the book. How does the author present Jackson as a complex character, and why is this significant?
The way the lottery is presented in the book, it almost appears to be another character, with the reader learning about the many facets involved in its presentation.
Part 1.) What are some of the ways that Jackson makes the lottery out to be a foolproof plan where nothing can go wrong?
Part 2.) What are some positive things that come out of winning the lottery based on the authors' portrayal of Roberta Reynolds?
Part 3.) What do we learn is the true nature of the lottery, and how does this reflect on the old saying, "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is"?
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)