|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
2. How many hours does Matt wait on LuAnn when awaiting her decision to help the FBI catch Jackson?
3. How does Jackson kill Alicia Crane?
4. After running his fingerprints through a database, what does Jackson find is Matt's real name?
5. What eats up most of LuAnn's fortune after she turns herself in to the police?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
2. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
3. How does LuAnn react when she realizes Matt knows more about her situation than she has told him?
4. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
5. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
6. How is Jackson's true identity almost revealed during a fight with LuAnn?
7. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
8. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
9. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
10. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of identity that is portrayed in the book. What is telling of the impact that losing one's identity could have, based on LuAnn's life after taking on a fake identity?
Essay Topic 3
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)