|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
2. What reason does LuAnn give Thomas Donovan when declining to help with his investigation?
3. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
4. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
5. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
Essay Topic 1
The concept of nostalgia is one thing that drives many of the antagonist's actions in the book.
Part 1.) What role does Jackson's childhood play on his actions as an adult?
Part 2.) What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the nostalgia present in his home?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the impact one's nostalgia can have on the present based on Jackson's actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of identity that is portrayed in the book. What is telling of the impact that losing one's identity could have, based on LuAnn's life after taking on a fake identity?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)