|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the known assassin that LuAnn was seen with just before his death, according to the FBI agent?
2. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
3. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
4. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
5. What do LuAnn and Charlie do after John reveals the location of the car that was chasing her?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
2. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
3. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
4. How do Matt and LuAnn escape from the FBI from her house?
5. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
6. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
7. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
8. How is Jackson able to escape the FBI after they learn his true identity?
9. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
10. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast LuAnn's character before winning the lottery and after she accepted her winnings. What is telling of the way her character has grown over this time, and does it appear her character has become more evolved or more sheltered?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)