|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
2. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
3. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
4. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
5. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
2. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
3. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
4. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
5. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
6. How is Jackson able to escape the FBI after they learn his true identity?
7. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
8. What happens after Matt shoots Jackson by a cliff?
9. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
10. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of society in the book. What can we learn about the nature of being a part of society based on the portrayal of LuAnn as an outsider of society in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)