|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
2. How does Thomas Donovan receive the warning about Jackson from LuAnn?
3. Who is the known assassin that LuAnn was seen with just before his death, according to the FBI agent?
4. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
5. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do LuAnn and Matt help Charlie escape from the hospital after he is stabbed?
2. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
3. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
4. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
5. How do Matt and LuAnn escape from the FBI from her house?
6. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
7. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
8. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
9. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
10. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed is one sentiment shown in many of the book's characters and is responsible for many of their actions.
Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the true nature of greed based on the detrimental circumstances that occurred with LuAnn in the book? Part 2.) What evidence is present to suggest one can overcome greed with love?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the true nature of greed based on Jackson's fate?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of strength presented in the book. Which character represents the epitome of strength, and what traits does he or she possess that makes this true?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)