|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
2. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
3. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
4. What name does Matt call LuAnn by during her fight with Jackson in his cottage?
5. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
2. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
3. How is Jackson's true identity almost revealed during a fight with LuAnn?
4. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
5. How do Matt and LuAnn escape from the FBI from her house?
6. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
7. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
8. How does LuAnn react when she realizes Matt knows more about her situation than she has told him?
9. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
10. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the antagonist portrayed in the book. How does the author present Jackson as a complex character, and why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)