|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person to arrive at Thomas Donovan's cottage after discovering he was involved in the car chase?
2. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
3. What is the name of LuAnn's horse?
4. Who does Thomas Donovan realize he is really talking to when meeting with the former lottery winner?
5. Where is Matt stabbed when Jackson throws a knife at him at his cottage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
2. How do LuAnn and Matt help Charlie escape from the hospital after he is stabbed?
3. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
4. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
5. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
6. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
7. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
8. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
9. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
10. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 3
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)