|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
2. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
3. How is Thomas Donovan killed?
4. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
5. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
2. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
3. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
4. What information does John Pemperton give to Charlie regarding the person involved in the car chase with LuAnn?
5. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
6. How is Jackson's true identity almost revealed during a fight with LuAnn?
7. How does Jackson get past FBI agents and into LuAnn's house?
8. How does LuAnn react when she realizes Matt knows more about her situation than she has told him?
9. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
10. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)