|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
2. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
3. What is Jackson surprised at in LuAnn when they have a fight at Matt's cottage?
4. John Pemperton reveals that the car that was involved in the chase with LuAnn is being held where?
5. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
Essay Topic 1
The way the lottery is presented in the book, it almost appears to be another character, with the reader learning about the many facets involved in its presentation.
Part 1.) What are some of the ways that Jackson makes the lottery out to be a foolproof plan where nothing can go wrong?
Part 2.) What are some positive things that come out of winning the lottery based on the authors' portrayal of Roberta Reynolds?
Part 3.) What do we learn is the true nature of the lottery, and how does this reflect on the old saying, "if something seems too good to be true, it probably is"?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)