|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
2. How does Thomas Donovan receive the warning about Jackson from LuAnn?
3. What does LuAnn share all the details about with Matt after they are intimate for the first time?
4. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
5. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after Matt shoots Jackson by a cliff?
2. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
3. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
4. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
5. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
6. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
7. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
8. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
9. How does Jackson get past FBI agents and into LuAnn's house?
10. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of society in the book. What can we learn about the nature of being a part of society based on the portrayal of LuAnn as an outsider of society in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)