|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is LuAnn wearing when she goes to meet Matt outside her home the day after she sends Lisa away?
2. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
3. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
4. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
5. How many hours does Matt wait on LuAnn when awaiting her decision to help the FBI catch Jackson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
2. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
3. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
4. How is Jackson's true identity almost revealed during a fight with LuAnn?
5. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
6. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
7. How do Matt and LuAnn escape from the FBI from her house?
8. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
9. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
10. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author's portrayal of law enforcement in the book. How does the author suggest that law enforcement has flaws and is not always the best judge of character, based on George Masters' portrayal in the book?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)