Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson find out that LuAnn has been doing with her taxes that upsets him?
2. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
3. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
4. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
5. Who does Charlie ask his and LuAnn's real estate agent to look into for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
2. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
3. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
4. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
5. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
6. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
7. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
8. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
9. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
10. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast LuAnn's character before winning the lottery and after she accepted her winnings. What is telling of the way her character has grown over this time, and does it appear her character has become more evolved or more sheltered?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the antagonist portrayed in the book. How does the author present Jackson as a complex character, and why is this significant?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)