|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
2. What is the name of the estate LuAnn chooses to buy in the U.S., after moving back?
3. What does LuAnn's quick departure leave her without in New York?
4. What sum does Romanello try to blackmail LuAnn for?
5. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is LuAnn's interaction with Jackson described when she gets into a limousine with him after accepting her lottery winnings?
2. How is LuAnn described just after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
3. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
4. How did Charlie help make arrangements for LuAnn to return to the U.S. after being away 10 years?
5. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
6. What happens when LuAnn goes to Matt Riggs' home to apologize to him after the car chase?
7. How is Thomas Donovan's relationship with Alicia Crane first described in the book?
8. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
9. How is LuAnn's guide, Charlie, first described in the book?
10. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the concept of identity that is portrayed in the book. What is telling of the impact that losing one's identity could have, based on LuAnn's life after taking on a fake identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)