|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Donovan admit to enjoying about dating his girlfriend?
2. As LuAnn is throwing the other woman out of the house, what does LuAnn grab the woman by?
3. What is LuAnn's biggest fear about her new life after winning the lottery?
4. How old is LuAnn's daughter at the beginning of the book?
5. How is Matt described after he catches LuAnn looking through his house after she breaks in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jackson's true identity almost revealed during a fight with LuAnn?
2. How does Jackson find out LuAnn's location from John Pemperton when posing as a man named Conklin?
3. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
4. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
5. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
6. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
7. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
8. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
9. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
10. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the nature of the antagonist portrayed in the book. How does the author present Jackson as a complex character, and why is this significant?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of wealth in the book. What evidence is present in the book to suggest that being wealthy is not always a positive thing?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
This section contains 1,584 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)