|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
2. What does Jackson have to create for LuAnn, that she never created for herself, in order for her to win the lottery?
3. What is the name of the sheriff of the Rikersville police who puts out a warrant for LuAnn?
4. How old is LuAnn when she moves back to Virginia?
5. How does Jackson learn that LuAnn has moved back to the U.S.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
2. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
3. What happens when LuAnn goes to Matt Riggs' home to apologize to him after the car chase?
4. How is LuAnn's interaction with Jackson described when she gets into a limousine with him after accepting her lottery winnings?
5. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
6. How is Jackson's ability to disguise himself first witnessed by LuAnn?
7. How is Thomas Donovan's investigation of the national lottery first described in the book?
8. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
9. How is the assassin following LuAnn first described?
10. What does LuAnn do to Duane after discovering him in bed with another woman?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of law enforcement in the book. How does the author suggest that law enforcement has flaws and is not always the best judge of character, based on George Masters' portrayal in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the nature of the antagonist portrayed in the book. How does the author present Jackson as a complex character, and why is this significant?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)