Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson find out that LuAnn has been doing with her taxes that upsets him?
2. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
3. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
4. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
5. Who does Charlie ask his and LuAnn's real estate agent to look into for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
2. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
3. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
4. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
5. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
6. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
7. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
8. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
9. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
10. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
The protagonist of the book, LuAnn, is a complex and interesting character that is both admirable and easy to relate to.
Part 1.) What evidence is present in LuAnn's introduction to suggest she possesses more strength of character than it first appears?
Part 2.) What traits does LuAnn possess that makes her a good protagonist?
Part 3.) What shortcomings and weaknesses does LuAnn have that make her more human and relatable?
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)