|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
2. What does the bank mistakenly reveal to Jackson that leads him to find out where LuAnn is living in the U.S.?
3. Who kills Romanello in the book?
4. What does LuAnn hit a man in the head with in self-defense after discovering Duane's dead body?
5. How many hours does the job LuAnn interviews for at the beginning of the book require her to work per day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the assassin following LuAnn first described?
2. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
3. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
4. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
5. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
6. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
7. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
8. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
9. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
10. How is LuAnn's interaction with Matt Riggs described just after he helps her escape a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
Essay Topic 3
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)