|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car is the person in who waits for LuAnn outside the press conference?
2. What is the name of the estate LuAnn chooses to buy in the U.S., after moving back?
3. What does the woman who goes to LuAnn's trailer for revenge have with her as weapons?
4. What is Jackson afraid will happen to his operation at the end of Chapter 26?
5. What is LuAnn's daughter's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
2. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
3. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
4. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
5. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
6. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
7. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
8. How does Matt Riggs help LuAnn during a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
9. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
10. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the portrayal of society in the book. What can we learn about the nature of being a part of society based on the portrayal of LuAnn as an outsider of society in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)