|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which emotion does Duane NOT seem to feel after LuAnn catches him in bed with another woman, making her more angry?
2. How does Jackson learn that LuAnn has moved back to the U.S.?
3. Who engages in Charlottesville society on LuAnn's behalf before she moves there?
4. What does Jackson believe after seeing that someone has put out an alert on the falsified IRS forms he made for LuAnn?
5. What is the name of the city where LuAnn lives in Georgia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Charlie help make arrangements for LuAnn to return to the U.S. after being away 10 years?
2. How is Thomas Donovan's relationship with Alicia Crane first described in the book?
3. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
4. How is LuAnn's guide, Charlie, first described in the book?
5. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
6. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
7. What happens when LuAnn goes to Matt Riggs' home to apologize to him after the car chase?
8. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
9. What does LuAnn do to the red-haired woman she catches her boyfriend Duane in bed with?
10. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast LuAnn's character before winning the lottery and after she accepted her winnings. What is telling of the way her character has grown over this time, and does it appear her character has become more evolved or more sheltered?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)