|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does LuAnn have?
2. What does Jackson have to create for LuAnn, that she never created for herself, in order for her to win the lottery?
3. What is the name of the private school where LuAnn enrolls Lisa in Virginia?
4. How is Matt described after he catches LuAnn looking through his house after she breaks in?
5. How does Charlie feel about LuAnn's proposition that he accompany her overseas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
2. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
3. What does LuAnn do to the red-haired woman she catches her boyfriend Duane in bed with?
4. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
5. How does Romanello blackmail LuAnn in the book?
6. What is Jackson's plan that he wishes LuAnn to help him with when she meets him for a job interview?
7. How is LuAnn's guide, Charlie, first described in the book?
8. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
9. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
10. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The concept of nostalgia is one thing that drives many of the antagonist's actions in the book.
Part 1.) What role does Jackson's childhood play on his actions as an adult?
Part 2.) What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the nostalgia present in his home?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the impact one's nostalgia can have on the present based on Jackson's actions in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the concept of safety portrayed in the book. What methods did the author use to create a sense of safety for LuAnn in the book, namely with characters like Charlie and Matt?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)