|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
2. What does LuAnn wear to a job interview at the beginning of the book?
3. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
4. What does the author say that LuAnn possesses that often goes unnoticed by others?
5. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
2. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
3. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
4. How does Jackson kill Romanello?
5. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
6. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
7. How is Jackson's ability to disguise himself first witnessed by LuAnn?
8. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
9. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
10. How are Charlie's feelings towards LuAnn described when he watches her accept her lottery winnings from the crowd?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The protagonist of the book, LuAnn, is a complex and interesting character that is both admirable and easy to relate to.
Part 1.) What evidence is present in LuAnn's introduction to suggest she possesses more strength of character than it first appears?
Part 2.) What traits does LuAnn possess that makes her a good protagonist?
Part 3.) What shortcomings and weaknesses does LuAnn have that make her more human and relatable?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the concept of identity that is portrayed in the book. What is telling of the impact that losing one's identity could have, based on LuAnn's life after taking on a fake identity?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)