|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
2. What color hair does the woman have, who LuAnn catches Duane in bed with?
3. What is the name of the sheriff of the Rikersville police who puts out a warrant for LuAnn?
4. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
5. How many days does LuAnn have to decide if she wants to take part in the scheme presented to her by the man who interviews her for a job?
Short Essay Questions
1. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
2. How does Matt Riggs help LuAnn during a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
3. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
4. How does Romanello blackmail LuAnn in the book?
5. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
6. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
7. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
8. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
9. How did Charlie help make arrangements for LuAnn to return to the U.S. after being away 10 years?
10. What does LuAnn do to the red-haired woman she catches her boyfriend Duane in bed with?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Investigation plays a starring role in many parts of the book.
Part 1.) What evidence is given through Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery scheme?
Part 2.) What can we learn about the nature of characters like LuAnn and Charlie based on their investigations against others in the book?
Part 3.) What is telling of Matt's nature, based on his investigation of LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)