|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson find out that LuAnn has been doing with her taxes that upsets him?
2. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
3. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
4. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
5. Who does Charlie ask his and LuAnn's real estate agent to look into for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
2. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
3. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
4. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
5. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
6. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
7. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
8. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
9. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
10. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of safety portrayed in the book. What methods did the author use to create a sense of safety for LuAnn in the book, namely with characters like Charlie and Matt?
Essay Topic 2
Greed is one sentiment shown in many of the book's characters and is responsible for many of their actions.
Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the true nature of greed based on the detrimental circumstances that occurred with LuAnn in the book? Part 2.) What evidence is present to suggest one can overcome greed with love?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the true nature of greed based on Jackson's fate?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the portrayal of father-son relationships in the book. What is telling of the importance of having a healthy relationship between father and son based on the portrayal of Jackson and his father?
This section contains 1,522 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)