|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When she goes there the next day, what does LuAnn find at the office in the mall where Jackson conducted her job interview?
2. What sum does Romanello try to blackmail LuAnn for?
3. What does LuAnn do to Matt when he comes to see her after the car chase?
4. What is the false name given to LuAnn when she arrives in New York?
5. What is the name that LuAnn goes by after moving to Virginia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
2. How is LuAnn's interaction with Jackson described when she gets into a limousine with him after accepting her lottery winnings?
3. What does LuAnn do to Duane after discovering him in bed with another woman?
4. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
5. How is LuAnn's interaction with Matt Riggs described just after he helps her escape a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
6. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
7. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
8. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
9. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
10. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author's portrayal of law enforcement in the book. How does the author suggest that law enforcement has flaws and is not always the best judge of character, based on George Masters' portrayal in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast LuAnn's character before winning the lottery and after she accepted her winnings. What is telling of the way her character has grown over this time, and does it appear her character has become more evolved or more sheltered?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)