Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jackson find out that LuAnn has been doing with her taxes that upsets him?
2. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
3. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
4. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
5. Who does Charlie ask his and LuAnn's real estate agent to look into for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
2. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
3. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
4. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
5. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
6. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
7. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
8. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
9. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
10. What does LuAnn ask of Charlie after her encounter with Jackson in Wicken's Hunt?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's portrayal of law enforcement in the book. How does the author suggest that law enforcement has flaws and is not always the best judge of character, based on George Masters' portrayal in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)