|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of backgrounds does LuAnn notice all the past lottery winners had in common?
2. After leaving the cemetery, what does LuAnn decide to get after she can move in with her friend?
3. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
4. What is the name of the city where LuAnn lives in Georgia?
5. What color hair does LuAnn have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
2. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
3. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
4. How are Charlie's feelings towards LuAnn described when he watches her accept her lottery winnings from the crowd?
5. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
6. How did Charlie help make arrangements for LuAnn to return to the U.S. after being away 10 years?
7. How is LuAnn's relationship with her daughter first described in the book?
8. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
9. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
10. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's portrayal of disguise in the book, namely surrounding the character, Jackson. What is telling of Jackson's nature based on the ease in which he disguises himself, and what toll could this take on someone's identity?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)