|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the estate LuAnn chooses to buy in the U.S., after moving back?
2. How old is LuAnn's daughter at the beginning of the book?
3. How does the person who waits for LuAnn outside coerce her to follow his arrangements?
4. What does LuAnn do to Matt when he comes to see her after the car chase?
5. What does LuAnn wear to a job interview at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson find out LuAnn's location from John Pemperton when posing as a man named Conklin?
2. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
3. How is LuAnn's guide, Charlie, first described in the book?
4. What does LuAnn do to the red-haired woman she catches her boyfriend Duane in bed with?
5. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
6. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
7. What is Jackson's plan that he wishes LuAnn to help him with when she meets him for a job interview?
8. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
9. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
10. How is Jackson described the first time he is seen in the book?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the concept of trust that is presented in the book. What must be present in order to have real trust in others, and what can we learn about trust being an act of faith based on LuAnn and Matt's relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast Thomas Donovan's investigation of the lottery with George Masters in the book. Which character was driven by the right purpose, and what is telling of investigation based on the portrayal of these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the theme of survival presented in the book. What does it take to be a true survivor, according to LuAnn's plight in the book? Are there certain characteristics that need to be present or is it a specific mindset that is needed?
This section contains 1,561 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)