|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
2. Where does LuAnn board a train for after agreeing to participate in the lottery scheme?
3. What does LuAnn wear to a job interview at the beginning of the book?
4. What does LuAnn agree to do when she comes to her decision after going to a job interview?
5. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jackson's plan that he wishes LuAnn to help him with when she meets him for a job interview?
2. How did Charlie help make arrangements for LuAnn to return to the U.S. after being away 10 years?
3. How are LuAnn's contributions to Charlottesville society first described in the book?
4. What does LuAnn discover in her trailer when she arrives to get some items and leave Duane?
5. How is LuAnn's visit to her parents' grave described?
6. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
7. Why is Jackson worried that LuAnn has put his lottery operation in danger after discovering she has returned to the U.S.?
8. How is LuAnn's guide, Charlie, first described in the book?
9. How is the assassin following LuAnn first described?
10. What factors led to Thomas Donovan's search for LuAnn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Greed is one sentiment shown in many of the book's characters and is responsible for many of their actions.
Part 1.) What might the author be saying about the true nature of greed based on the detrimental circumstances that occurred with LuAnn in the book? Part 2.) What evidence is present to suggest one can overcome greed with love?
Part 3.) What can we learn about the true nature of greed based on Jackson's fate?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the characters Matt and Charlie in the book. What is significant about the similarities and differences in these characters in relation to LuAnn?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the theme of being on the run that is portrayed in the book. What impact would constantly being on the run have on a person's character, and how did this effect LuAnn in the book?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)