|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does LuAnn find in her bedroom just after Lisa and LuAnn have an argument about leaving Charlottesville?
2. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
3. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
(a) Alicia Crane's.
(b) George Master's.
4. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
(a) Gets her arrested.
(b) Has a manhunt out for her.
(c) Alerts the authorities to her presence.
(d) Alerts Jackson to where she is.
5. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
(a) Duane's drug dealer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
2. What does LuAnn plead for Thomas Donovan to do, that he declines, at the end of their meeting?
3. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
4. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
5. How is Thomas Donovan killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
2. How is Bobbie Jo Reynolds' life described after winning the lottery?
3. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
4. What does Charlie discover from Thomas Donovan's files after breaking into his house?
5. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
6. Describe what happens after Jackson reveals that his and Luann's deal is over, after breaking into her house.
7. How does Matt rescue LuAnn when she is trapped inside Thomas Donovan's house?
8. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
9. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
10. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)