|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose face does LuAnn see on the news that she recognizes as a relative of Jackson?
(a) Alicia Crane's.
2. What eats up most of LuAnn's fortune after she turns herself in to the police?
(a) Mortgage payments.
(b) Lawyer fees.
(c) Bail fees.
(d) Unpaid back taxes.
3. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(b) The police.
(c) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(d) Jackson's own bank account.
4. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
5. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
(a) Asking her to marry him.
(b) Giving her gifts.
(c) Moving in with her.
(d) Sharing his home with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
2. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
3. What is the name of Jackson's brother who aids him in impersonating LuAnn's housekeeper?
4. Who does LuAnn find in her bedroom just after Lisa and LuAnn have an argument about leaving Charlottesville?
5. How is Thomas Donovan killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Thomas Donovan try and coerce LuAnn's cooperation in uncovering the lottery scam?
2. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
3. What information does John Pemperton give to Charlie regarding the person involved in the car chase with LuAnn?
4. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
5. How does Bobbie Jo Reynolds explain how the lottery was rigged?
6. What happens after Matt shoots Jackson by a cliff?
7. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
8. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
9. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
10. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)