|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) They were weighed down with weights.
(b) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(c) The air system was rigged.
(d) The plastic was different on some balls.
2. Who does LuAnn call just after her fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(a) Thomas Donovan.
(b) The police.
3. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
4. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
(a) The lottery scheme.
(b) Justice for his mother.
(c) Getting rich.
(d) Finding Jackson.
5. What does Jackson find that Matt is a member of when running a background check?
(a) The witness relocation program.
(b) The CIA.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Matt convince LuAnn that she must cooperate with in order to gain her freedom from Jackson?
2. What money does LuAnn live off of for ten years after she wins the lottery?
3. How many hours does Matt wait on LuAnn when awaiting her decision to help the FBI catch Jackson?
4. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
5. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LuAnn react when she realizes Matt knows more about her situation than she has told him?
2. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
3. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
4. What happens after Matt shoots Jackson by a cliff?
5. How does Jackson find out LuAnn's location from John Pemperton when posing as a man named Conklin?
6. How is Jackson's relationship with his father described?
7. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
8. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
9. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
10. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)