|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Harper's Peak.
(b) Harper's Hunt.
(c) Wicken's Hunt.
(d) Charlotte's Landing.
2. What does LuAnn share all the details about with Matt after they are intimate for the first time?
(a) The lottery operation.
(b) Duane's death.
(c) Her relationship with Charlie.
3. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
(a) Giving her gifts.
(b) Asking her to marry him.
(c) Sharing his home with her.
(d) Moving in with her.
4. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
(a) Creates a tourniquet.
(b) Crawls to the bed.
(c) Calls LuAnn.
(d) Calls 911.
5. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hospital Charlie is put in after being stabbed by Jackson?
2. Where does Matt hide while Charlie and LuAnn go into Thomas Donovan's cottage?
3. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
4. Who does Jackson impersonate in order to kidnap Lisa?
5. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
2. How does Jackson get past FBI agents and into LuAnn's house?
3. What is the nature of Lisa's outburst after LuAnn suggests they may have to move again after arriving in Charlottesville?
4. How do LuAnn and Matt help Charlie escape from the hospital after he is stabbed?
5. How is LuAnn able to secure a nest egg for her and Matt at the end of the book?
6. How does Jackson find out LuAnn's location from John Pemperton when posing as a man named Conklin?
7. What happens after Jackson reveals himself as Bobbie Jo Reynolds in disguise to Thomas Donovan?
8. What does Jackson learn about the past of Matt Riggs?
9. How is George Masters' investigation of LuAnn described?
10. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)