|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LuAnn fail to offer Matt after he helps her escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) An apology.
(b) A thank you.
(c) An explanation.
(d) An invitation inside.
2. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
(a) A train station.
(b) Her cabin.
(c) Thomas Donovan's cottage.
(d) A motel.
3. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(b) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(c) A new identity.
(d) A house.
4. Where does LuAnn go after she discovers that Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
(a) Her parents' grave.
(b) Her house.
(c) A diner.
(d) Her car.
5. What happens after Matt fires his hidden gun at Jackson?
(a) He passes out.
(b) He accidentally shoots LuAnn.
(c) He dies.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas Donovan realize he is really talking to when meeting with the former lottery winner?
2. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
3. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
4. What does Jackson believe Matt's past to be filled with that makes him uncertain of LuAnn's relationship with him?
5. What does the homicide detective want to gauge about Alicia Crane?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information does John Pemperton give to Charlie regarding the person involved in the car chase with LuAnn?
2. How does Jackson get past FBI agents and into LuAnn's house?
3. What does LuAnn learn about her past when she finally meets with Thomas Donovan?
4. How does Jackson find out LuAnn's location from John Pemperton when posing as a man named Conklin?
5. What is the nature of detective Hank Rollins' questions to Alicia Crane?
6. What happens between LuAnn and Matt after she goes out to see him survey her land for a new building?
7. What is the nature of the deal Matt tries to get for LuAnn's cooperation in outing the lottery scheme?
8. How is Jackson able to kidnap Lisa?
9. How is Jackson able to escape the FBI after they learn his true identity?
10. How does LuAnn react after noticing Jackson watching her outside her house in Chapter 43?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)