|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many hours does the job LuAnn interviews for at the beginning of the book require her to work per day?
2. What does LuAnn hit a man in the head with in self-defense after discovering Duane's dead body?
(a) A telephone.
(b) A bat.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A lamp.
3. How do most lottery winners eventually wind up, according to the author who is researching the lottery system?
(a) Slightly more wealthy than before.
(b) The same as before.
(c) Poorer than they began.
(d) Richer than before.
4. What does LuAnn have the fear of every day after winning the lottery?
(a) Being killed.
(b) Being in jail.
(c) Being discovered.
(d) Being poor.
5. Who does LuAnn call just after finding Duane's dead body?
(b) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does LuAnn learn is Jackson's most surprising skill?
2. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
3. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
4. Where does LuAnn accept her lottery winnings?
5. What does the community of Charlottesville give LuAnn plenty of after accepting that she is just quiet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jackson's plan that he wishes LuAnn to help him with when she meets him for a job interview?
2. How are Charlie's feelings towards LuAnn described when he watches her accept her lottery winnings from the crowd?
3. How is LuAnn's interaction with Matt Riggs described just after he helps her escape a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
4. How are LuAnn's physical attributes first described in the book?
5. How is Thomas Donovan's investigation of the national lottery first described in the book?
6. How does Jackson find out that LuAnn has returned to the U.S.?
7. What does LuAnn do to the red-haired woman she catches her boyfriend Duane in bed with?
8. What is Charlie's first impression of LuAnn?
9. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
10. How is LuAnn described just after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)