|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlie feel about LuAnn's proposition that he accompany her overseas?
(a) He is only negative about going.
(b) He is torn on whether or not to go.
(c) He is only positive about going.
(d) He is scared to go with her.
2. What is the name of the woman who goes to LuAnn's trailer for revenge, but discovers Duane's dead body instead?
(a) Alicia Crane.
(b) Sally Pemperton.
(c) Loraine Finster.
(d) Shirley Watson.
3. Who is the author of the book?
(a) David Baldacci.
(b) James Patterson.
(c) Tom Clancy.
(d) Dan Brown.
4. Where does LuAnn accept her lottery winnings?
(a) The Empire State Building.
(b) At a national press conference.
(c) Grand Central Station.
(d) Madison Square Garden.
5. What does Thomas Donovan admit to enjoying about dating his girlfriend?
(a) Her dog.
(b) Her personality.
(c) Her good looks.
(d) Benefits of her wealth.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most lottery winners eventually wind up, according to the author who is researching the lottery system?
2. Which of the following items does Jackson NOT use to create LuAnn's disguise after she wins the lottery?
3. What does LuAnn do to Matt when he comes to see her after the car chase?
4. What does LuAnn donate large sums of money to in Charlottesville?
5. What does LuAnn have the fear of every day after winning the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
2. How is Thomas Donovan's investigation of the national lottery first described in the book?
3. What happens when LuAnn goes to Matt Riggs' home to apologize to him after the car chase?
4. What does LuAnn do to Duane after discovering him in bed with another woman?
5. How is LuAnn's interaction with Jackson described when she gets into a limousine with him after accepting her lottery winnings?
6. How is LuAnn's interaction with Matt Riggs described just after he helps her escape a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
7. What is Jackson's plan that he wishes LuAnn to help him with when she meets him for a job interview?
8. How are Charlie's feelings towards LuAnn described when he watches her accept her lottery winnings from the crowd?
9. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
10. How is LuAnn's one family heirloom described?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)