|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Thomas Donovan travel to visit his girlfriend?
(c) New York.
2. How does Jackson learn that LuAnn has moved back to the U.S.?
(a) He has had her followed since she won the lottery.
(b) She tells him.
(c) Charlie tells him.
(d) He deposits money in her account.
3. Which of the following items does Jackson NOT use to create LuAnn's disguise after she wins the lottery?
(a) Wear a fake nose.
(b) Wear stage makeup.
(c) Have her hair cut and dyed.
(d) A wig.
4. What is the name of the private school where LuAnn enrolls Lisa in Virginia?
(a) St. Ignatious Holy.
(b) St. Chrisopher's.
(c) St. Anne's Belfield.
(d) St. Charles Episcopal.
5. What does LuAnn donate large sums of money to in Charlottesville?
(a) An animal shelter.
(b) The local theater.
(c) The church.
(d) Local causes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most lottery winners eventually wind up, according to the author who is researching the lottery system?
2. How old is LuAnn when she moves back to Virginia?
3. What is the name of the man who conducts a job interview that LuAnn goes to at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does LuAnn call just after finding Duane's dead body?
5. What is the main requirement of Jackson and LuAnn's business arrangement once she wins the lottery?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Matt Riggs help LuAnn during a car chase with Thomas Donovan?
2. How does Jackson attempt to create the appearance of a legitimate office when meeting with LuAnn for the first time?
3. How is the assassin following LuAnn first described?
4. How is Charlie's creation of relationships in the Charlottesville community first described?
5. How are Charlie's feelings towards LuAnn described when he watches her accept her lottery winnings from the crowd?
6. How is Thomas Donovan's investigation of the national lottery first described in the book?
7. What happens when LuAnn goes to Matt Riggs' home to apologize to him after the car chase?
8. How is LuAnn described just after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
9. What arrangement does Jackson have to make in order to allow LuAnn to leave the country after winning the lottery?
10. What does LuAnn discover the next day when she returns to the office where she had her interview with Jackson?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)