|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
(a) Justice for his mother.
(b) Getting rich.
(c) The lottery scheme.
(d) Finding Jackson.
2. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(a) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(b) A new identity.
(d) A house.
3. Who does LuAnn call just after her fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(a) The police.
(c) Thomas Donovan.
4. What reward will LuAnn get if she turns Jackson over to the police?
(a) One year probation.
(b) No jail time.
5. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
(b) McLean, Virginia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
6. What is LuAnn wearing when she goes to meet Matt outside her home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) A shirt and skirt.
(b) A t-shirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) A thin robe.
7. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(d) Matt Riggs.
8. Who is the known assassin that LuAnn was seen with just before his death, according to the FBI agent?
9. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) The plastic was different on some balls.
(b) They were weighed down with weights.
(c) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(d) The air system was rigged.
10. Who does Jackson impersonate in order to kidnap Lisa?
(c) A police officer.
11. What is the actual identity of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
12. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
13. What eats up most of LuAnn's fortune after she turns herself in to the police?
(a) Unpaid back taxes.
(b) Bail fees.
(c) Lawyer fees.
(d) Mortgage payments.
14. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
(a) Giving her gifts.
(b) Sharing his home with her.
(c) Moving in with her.
(d) Asking her to marry him.
15. Who is the first person to arrive at Thomas Donovan's cottage after discovering he was involved in the car chase?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
2. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
3. What does Jackson vow to do to Matt if he finds anything troubling in his past?
4. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
5. What is the name of Jackson's brother who aids him in impersonating LuAnn's housekeeper?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)