|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jackson kill Bobbie Jo Reynolds?
(a) Poisons her.
(b) Strangles her.
(c) Shoots her.
(d) Stabs her.
2. Where is Matt stabbed when Jackson throws a knife at him at his cottage?
(a) His arm.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His neck.
3. What reason does LuAnn give Thomas Donovan when declining to help with his investigation?
(a) For his own safety.
(b) She doesn't like him.
(c) She doesn't trust him.
(d) Her daughter is more important.
4. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
5. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) College scholarships.
(b) His own wealth.
(c) Money for foreign relations.
(d) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
6. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
7. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) The plastic was different on some balls.
(b) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(c) They were weighed down with weights.
(d) The air system was rigged.
8. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
(a) Her cabin.
(b) A train station.
(c) Thomas Donovan's cottage.
(d) A motel.
9. What does Jackson believe Matt's past to be filled with that makes him uncertain of LuAnn's relationship with him?
(b) Ties to police.
10. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
(a) Alerts the authorities to her presence.
(b) Has a manhunt out for her.
(c) Alerts Jackson to where she is.
(d) Gets her arrested.
11. What did Jackson's father subject him to for years that his sister didn't experience?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) Sexual abuse.
(c) Mental abuse.
(d) Mental and physical abuse.
12. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
(a) John Pemperton.
(b) George Masters.
(c) Ronald Bagley.
(d) John Majors.
13. How much money does LuAnn have that is unknown to anyone in a hidden bank account?
(a) $2 million.
(b) $1 million.
14. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
15. What is the name of the hospital Charlie is put in after being stabbed by Jackson?
(a) The James Trauma center.
(b) The University of Virginia trauma center.
(c) The Virginia Hospital.
(d) The Georgetown Hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
2. What country must LuAnn's hidden nest egg stay in to be tax-free?
3. How does Jackson kill Alicia Crane?
4. Whose death does Matt see on a newspaper headline in Chapter 51?
5. What do LuAnn and Charlie do after John reveals the location of the car that was chasing her?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)