|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
(a) McLean, Virginia.
(b) Washington, D.C.
2. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
(a) Thomas Donovan's cottage.
(b) A train station.
(c) A motel.
(d) Her cabin.
3. What does the homicide detective want to gauge about Alicia Crane?
(a) Her fear.
(b) Her level of sadness.
(c) Her intelligence level.
(d) Her level of knowledge about Thomas' investigation.
4. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
5. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
(b) Thomas Donovan.
6. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
7. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
8. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(b) Jackson's own bank account.
(c) The police.
(d) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
9. What happens after Matt fires his hidden gun at Jackson?
(a) He dies.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He accidentally shoots LuAnn.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
10. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) They were weighed down with weights.
(b) The plastic was different on some balls.
(c) The air system was rigged.
(d) They were sprayed with a chemical.
11. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
(a) Loretta Burns.
(b) Roberta Reynolds.
(c) Jennifer Smart.
(d) Daniel Buckman.
12. What kind of car does John Pemperton reveal was in the car chase with LuAnn?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Buick.
(c) A Land Rover.
(d) A Honda.
13. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
14. What is Jackson's father's name?
15. What is the name of Jackson's brother who aids him in impersonating LuAnn's housekeeper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
2. How does Jackson kill Bobbie Jo Reynolds?
3. What is it about her mother's clock that LuAnn often finds comforting while at Wicken's Hunt?
4. Who does Alicia find in the homicide detective's place after leaving to get some coffee?
5. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)