|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does LuAnn call just after her fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(c) Thomas Donovan.
(d) The police.
2. What does Jackson vow to do to Matt if he finds anything troubling in his past?
(a) Injure him.
(b) Make him move.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Rob him.
3. What is LuAnn wearing when she goes to meet Matt outside her home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) A t-shirt.
(b) A dress.
(c) A shirt and skirt.
(d) A thin robe.
4. What does LuAnn share all the details about with Matt after they are intimate for the first time?
(a) Duane's death.
(b) Her relationship with Charlie.
(c) The lottery operation.
5. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) Starts a car.
(b) Shoots a gun.
(d) Sets off the car alarm.
6. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
(a) Creates a tourniquet.
(b) Crawls to the bed.
(c) Calls 911.
(d) Calls LuAnn.
7. What does LuAnn fail to offer Matt after he helps her escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) A thank you.
(b) An explanation.
(c) An invitation inside.
(d) An apology.
8. What does the homicide detective want to gauge about Alicia Crane?
(a) Her intelligence level.
(b) Her level of knowledge about Thomas' investigation.
(c) Her level of sadness.
(d) Her fear.
9. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
(a) Alicia Crane's.
(b) George Master's.
10. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
(a) George Masters.
(b) John Majors.
(c) John Pemperton.
(d) Ronald Bagley.
11. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
(a) A train station.
(b) Thomas Donovan's cottage.
(c) Her cabin.
(d) A motel.
12. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Beats him with a bat.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Poisons him.
13. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(d) The FBI.
14. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Harper's Hunt.
(b) Charlotte's Landing.
(c) Wicken's Hunt.
(d) Harper's Peak.
15. Who is the known assassin that LuAnn was seen with just before his death, according to the FBI agent?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
2. Who does Jackson impersonate in order to kidnap Lisa?
3. What does LuAnn plead for Thomas Donovan to do, that he declines, at the end of their meeting?
4. Whose death does Matt blame George Masters for?
5. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)