|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much money does LuAnn have that is unknown to anyone in a hidden bank account?
(a) $1 million.
(d) $2 million.
2. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
3. What happens after Matt fires his hidden gun at Jackson?
(a) He accidentally shoots LuAnn.
(b) He falls off a cliff.
(c) He dies.
(d) He passes out.
4. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Harper's Hunt.
(b) Charlotte's Landing.
(c) Harper's Peak.
(d) Wicken's Hunt.
5. What name does Matt call LuAnn by during her fight with Jackson in his cottage?
6. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) His own wealth.
(b) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
(c) Money for foreign relations.
(d) College scholarships.
7. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) Digging a hole.
(b) Spying on her.
(c) Surveying land for a new building.
(d) Looking for his watch.
8. What does the homicide detective want to gauge about Alicia Crane?
(a) Her level of sadness.
(b) Her intelligence level.
(c) Her level of knowledge about Thomas' investigation.
(d) Her fear.
9. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(b) The FBI.
10. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
(c) Duane's drug dealer.
11. Whose death does Matt see on a newspaper headline in Chapter 51?
(a) Roberta Reynolds.
12. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
13. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(a) A new identity.
(b) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(d) A house.
14. John Pemperton reveals that the car that was involved in the chase with LuAnn is being held where?
(a) A local residence.
(b) A local motel.
(c) A local rental cottage.
(d) A police officer's home.
15. What did Jackson's father subject him to for years that his sister didn't experience?
(a) Verbal abuse.
(b) Mental abuse.
(c) Mental and physical abuse.
(d) Sexual abuse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
2. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
3. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
4. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
5. What happens to Matt's gun when he tries to shoot Jackson in the woods?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)