|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(b) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(c) A new identity.
(d) A house.
2. What does LuAnn share all the details about with Matt after they are intimate for the first time?
(b) Duane's death.
(c) Her relationship with Charlie.
(d) The lottery operation.
3. Where is Matt stabbed when Jackson throws a knife at him at his cottage?
(a) His leg.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
4. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
5. What time does LuAnn notice her clock chiming in a message from Jackson, after Lisa's kidnapping?
(a) 10 o'clock.
(b) 5 o'clock.
(c) 3 o'clock.
6. What is LuAnn wearing when she goes to meet Matt outside her home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) A t-shirt.
(b) A dress.
(c) A shirt and skirt.
(d) A thin robe.
7. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
8. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
(a) John Majors.
(b) John Pemperton.
(c) George Masters.
(d) Ronald Bagley.
9. Whose death does Matt see on a newspaper headline in Chapter 51?
(a) Roberta Reynolds.
10. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
(a) Loretta Burns.
(b) Daniel Buckman.
(c) Jennifer Smart.
(d) Roberta Reynolds.
11. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
(d) Duane's drug dealer.
12. How is Thomas Donovan killed?
(a) He is poisoned.
(b) He is shot.
(c) His neck is snapped.
(d) He is stabbed.
13. What kind of bank account does Jackson provide LuAnn, allowing her access to a million dollars?
14. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) Shoots a gun.
(b) Starts a car.
(c) Sets off the car alarm.
15. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Charlotte's Landing.
(b) Harper's Hunt.
(c) Harper's Peak.
(d) Wicken's Hunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
2. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
3. After running his fingerprints through a database, what does Jackson find is Matt's real name?
4. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
5. What is the actual identity of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)