|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomas Donovan receive the warning about Jackson from LuAnn?
(a) On his voicemail.
(b) In a note.
(c) In person.
(d) Over the phone.
2. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
3. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(b) Matt Riggs.
4. What name does Matt call LuAnn by during her fight with Jackson in his cottage?
5. What happens after Matt fires his hidden gun at Jackson?
(a) He accidentally shoots LuAnn.
(b) He passes out.
(c) He dies.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
6. What country must LuAnn's hidden nest egg stay in to be tax-free?
7. What causes LuAnn to lose her grip on Jackson when they have a fight at Matt's cottage?
(a) His clothes.
(b) Oil on his face.
(c) His makeup.
(d) His mask.
8. Where does LuAnn go after she discovers that Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
(a) Her parents' grave.
(b) Her house.
(c) A diner.
(d) Her car.
9. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(c) The FBI.
10. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
(a) Beats him with a bat.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Poisons him.
(d) Stabs him.
11. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(a) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(b) A house.
(d) A new identity.
12. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
(a) Alicia Crane's.
(b) George Master's.
13. How does Jackson kill Bobbie Jo Reynolds?
(a) Stabs her.
(b) Shoots her.
(c) Strangles her.
(d) Poisons her.
14. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) Money for foreign relations.
(b) His own wealth.
(c) College scholarships.
(d) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
15. What time does LuAnn notice her clock chiming in a message from Jackson, after Lisa's kidnapping?
(a) 3 o'clock.
(b) 10 o'clock.
(c) 5 o'clock.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
2. Whose face does LuAnn see on the news that she recognizes as a relative of Jackson?
3. What is the name of the hospital Charlie is put in after being stabbed by Jackson?
4. What kind of bank account does Jackson provide LuAnn, allowing her access to a million dollars?
5. John Pemperton reveals that the car that was involved in the chase with LuAnn is being held where?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)