|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice is heard on Thomas Donovan's machine after he is killed?
(b) George Master's.
(d) Alicia Crane's.
2. What does Jackson believe Matt's past to be filled with that makes him uncertain of LuAnn's relationship with him?
(c) Ties to police.
3. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) They were weighed down with weights.
(b) The plastic was different on some balls.
(c) The air system was rigged.
(d) They were sprayed with a chemical.
4. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
(a) Beats him with a bat.
(b) Shoots him.
(c) Poisons him.
(d) Stabs him.
5. What country must LuAnn's hidden nest egg stay in to be tax-free?
6. What did Jackson's father subject him to for years that his sister didn't experience?
(a) Mental and physical abuse.
(b) Verbal abuse.
(c) Sexual abuse.
(d) Mental abuse.
7. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
8. What does LuAnn fail to offer Matt after he helps her escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) An apology.
(b) A thank you.
(c) An explanation.
(d) An invitation inside.
9. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
(a) Finding Jackson.
(b) The lottery scheme.
(c) Getting rich.
(d) Justice for his mother.
10. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(b) Shoots a gun.
(c) Starts a car.
(d) Sets off the car alarm.
11. What is the name of the homicide detective who visits Alicia Crane to question her about Thomas Donovan's death?
(a) Hank Rollins.
(b) Henry Jones.
(c) Charlie Robbins.
(d) Paul Sliver.
12. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) The police.
(b) Jackson's own bank account.
(c) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(d) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
13. What do LuAnn and Charlie do after John reveals the location of the car that was chasing her?
(a) Bicker over who will investigate it.
(b) Go to investigate it together.
(c) Agree to leave it alone.
(d) Agree to hire someone to investigate it.
14. Where does Matt hide while Charlie and LuAnn go into Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) In the bushes.
(b) In the woods.
(c) Inside the cottage.
(d) On the roof.
15. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
(a) Has a manhunt out for her.
(b) Alerts the authorities to her presence.
(c) Alerts Jackson to where she is.
(d) Gets her arrested.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
2. What is the name of Jackson's brother who aids him in impersonating LuAnn's housekeeper?
3. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
4. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
5. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)