|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
(a) Gets her arrested.
(b) Has a manhunt out for her.
(c) Alerts Jackson to where she is.
(d) Alerts the authorities to her presence.
2. What is the name of the FBI agent who has been following LuAnn's case for ten years?
(a) John Majors.
(b) Ronald Bagley.
(c) George Masters.
(d) John Pemperton.
3. What kind of bank account does Jackson provide LuAnn, allowing her access to a million dollars?
4. Who does Jackson impersonate in order to kidnap Lisa?
(a) A police officer.
5. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
(a) Poisons him.
(b) Stabs him.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Beats him with a bat.
6. Who does LuAnn find in her bedroom just after Lisa and LuAnn have an argument about leaving Charlottesville?
7. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) Surveying land for a new building.
(b) Spying on her.
(c) Looking for his watch.
(d) Digging a hole.
8. What is Jackson surprised at in LuAnn when they have a fight at Matt's cottage?
(a) Her swiftness.
(b) Her weakness.
(c) Her strength.
(d) Her stability.
9. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) Jackson's own bank account.
(b) The police.
(c) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(d) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
10. What name does Matt call LuAnn by during her fight with Jackson in his cottage?
11. What kind of car does John Pemperton reveal was in the car chase with LuAnn?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Honda.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Land Rover.
12. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
(a) Sharing his home with her.
(b) Moving in with her.
(c) Asking her to marry him.
(d) Giving her gifts.
13. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
(a) A motel.
(b) Thomas Donovan's cottage.
(c) A train station.
(d) Her cabin.
14. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) College scholarships.
(b) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
(c) His own wealth.
(d) Money for foreign relations.
15. What country must LuAnn's hidden nest egg stay in to be tax-free?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
2. What does LuAnn fail to offer Matt after he helps her escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
3. Whose death does Matt blame George Masters for?
4. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
5. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)