|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
2. What is the actual identity of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
3. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
(c) Thomas Donovan.
4. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Harper's Hunt.
(b) Charlotte's Landing.
(c) Harper's Peak.
(d) Wicken's Hunt.
5. Who follows LuAnn and Charlie after they each sneak off to Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(d) Matt Riggs.
6. Who does Matt convince LuAnn that she must cooperate with in order to gain her freedom from Jackson?
(b) The FBI.
7. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(c) The FBI.
8. What does Matt involuntarily do when he calls in some favors for LuAnn involving the lottery scheme?
(a) Alerts the authorities to her presence.
(b) Gets her arrested.
(c) Alerts Jackson to where she is.
(d) Has a manhunt out for her.
9. What is the name of Jackson's brother who aids him in impersonating LuAnn's housekeeper?
10. Who does Alicia find in the homicide detective's place after leaving to get some coffee?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her brother.
11. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
(b) Duane's drug dealer.
12. What kind of bank account does Jackson provide LuAnn, allowing her access to a million dollars?
13. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her mother.
14. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(a) A house.
(b) A new identity.
(c) Advance notice of the story's publication.
15. What does Matt NOT feel awkward about doing after LuAnn becomes less wealthy?
(a) Asking her to marry him.
(b) Giving her gifts.
(c) Sharing his home with her.
(d) Moving in with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose death does Matt see on a newspaper headline in Chapter 51?
2. Whose face does LuAnn see on the news that she recognizes as a relative of Jackson?
3. What eats up most of LuAnn's fortune after she turns herself in to the police?
4. What did Jackson's father subject him to for years that his sister didn't experience?
5. How does Jackson kill Alicia Crane?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)