|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
(a) Jennifer Smart.
(b) Daniel Buckman.
(c) Loretta Burns.
(d) Roberta Reynolds.
2. What did Jackson's father subject him to for years that his sister didn't experience?
(a) Mental abuse.
(b) Verbal abuse.
(c) Mental and physical abuse.
(d) Sexual abuse.
3. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her sister.
4. What is Jackson surprised at in LuAnn when they have a fight at Matt's cottage?
(a) Her strength.
(b) Her weakness.
(c) Her stability.
(d) Her swiftness.
5. Where does Matt hide while Charlie and LuAnn go into Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) In the woods.
(b) Inside the cottage.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) On the roof.
6. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(b) The police.
(c) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(d) Jackson's own bank account.
7. What does LuAnn discover the warrant for her arrest is for when meeting with Thomas Donovan?
(a) Duane's murder.
(b) Romanello's murder.
(d) Drug dealing.
8. Whose death does Matt see on a newspaper headline in Chapter 51?
(b) Roberta Reynolds.
9. What happens after Matt fires his hidden gun at Jackson?
(a) He dies.
(b) He accidentally shoots LuAnn.
(c) He passes out.
(d) He falls off a cliff.
10. How does Jackson injure Charlie when kidnapping Lisa?
(a) Stabs him.
(b) Beats him with a bat.
(c) Shoots him.
(d) Poisons him.
11. What happens to Matt's gun when he tries to shoot Jackson in the woods?
(a) It misfires.
(b) It has no bullets.
(c) It fires blanks.
(d) It jams.
12. What does Jackson believe Matt's past to be filled with that makes him uncertain of LuAnn's relationship with him?
(d) Ties to police.
13. Who does Thomas Donovan realize he is really talking to when meeting with the former lottery winner?
14. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) They were weighed down with weights.
(b) The air system was rigged.
(c) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(d) The plastic was different on some balls.
15. In Chapter 35, what is the name of the property that the man is most interested in?
(a) Wicken's Hunt.
(b) Harper's Peak.
(c) Harper's Hunt.
(d) Charlotte's Landing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes LuAnn to lose her grip on Jackson when they have a fight at Matt's cottage?
2. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
3. How much money does LuAnn have that is unknown to anyone in a hidden bank account?
4. What time does LuAnn notice her clock chiming in a message from Jackson, after Lisa's kidnapping?
5. Where does LuAnn go after she discovers that Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)