|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) The plastic was different on some balls.
(b) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(c) They were weighed down with weights.
(d) The air system was rigged.
2. How does Thomas Donovan receive the warning about Jackson from LuAnn?
(a) Over the phone.
(b) In person.
(c) In a note.
(d) On his voicemail.
3. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
4. Who does LuAnn recognize as the man who Thomas Donovan believes killed Duane?
5. What does the homicide detective want to gauge about Alicia Crane?
(a) Her level of knowledge about Thomas' investigation.
(b) Her fear.
(c) Her intelligence level.
(d) Her level of sadness.
6. Whose death does Matt blame George Masters for?
(a) His son's.
(b) His daughter's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His brother's.
7. What does Thomas Donovan offer LuAnn when trying to coerce her cooperation with his investigation?
(a) Advance notice of the story's publication.
(c) A house.
(d) A new identity.
8. What does Matt do to create a diversion for LuAnn to escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) Shoots a gun.
(b) Starts a car.
(d) Sets off the car alarm.
9. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
(d) Thomas Donovan.
10. Where does Matt hide while Charlie and LuAnn go into Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) In the bushes.
(b) On the roof.
(c) Inside the cottage.
(d) In the woods.
11. What does LuAnn share all the details about with Matt after they are intimate for the first time?
(b) The lottery operation.
(c) Her relationship with Charlie.
(d) Duane's death.
12. Who arrives at LuAnn's house just after she has a fight with Jackson in Matt's cottage?
(c) The FBI.
13. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
14. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
(a) Justice for his mother.
(b) Getting rich.
(c) The lottery scheme.
(d) Finding Jackson.
15. Where does the money come from that is set up in a bank account by Jackson?
(a) The police.
(b) Jackson's own bank account.
(c) The interest from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
(d) The original principal from LuAnn's lottery winnings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does LuAnn have that is unknown to anyone in a hidden bank account?
2. Who does Thomas Donovan realize he is really talking to when meeting with the former lottery winner?
3. What does Jackson vow to do to Matt if he finds anything troubling in his past?
4. Where does the former lottery winner who Thomas Donovan visits live?
5. Where do Matt and LuAnn ride a horse to after fleeing her house?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)