|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
(b) Money for foreign relations.
(c) His own wealth.
(d) College scholarships.
2. What is it about her mother's clock that LuAnn often finds comforting while at Wicken's Hunt?
(a) The feel of it.
(b) The soothing rhythm.
(c) The tick-tocks.
(d) The engravings.
3. What is LuAnn wearing when she goes to meet Matt outside her home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) A thin robe.
(b) A t-shirt.
(c) A shirt and skirt.
(d) A dress.
4. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
(a) Calls 911.
(b) Crawls to the bed.
(c) Calls LuAnn.
(d) Creates a tourniquet.
5. How is Thomas Donovan killed?
(a) His neck is snapped.
(b) He is shot.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He is stabbed.
6. What does LuAnn plead for Thomas Donovan to do, that he declines, at the end of their meeting?
(a) Keep his mouth shut.
(b) Take money.
(d) Leave the country.
7. What is the name of LuAnn's housekeeper, who is attacked and impersonated in order for Jackson to get past FBI agents?
8. What is the actual identity of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
9. What is the name of the homicide detective who visits Alicia Crane to question her about Thomas Donovan's death?
(a) Henry Jones.
(b) Charlie Robbins.
(c) Paul Sliver.
(d) Hank Rollins.
10. Where does Matt hide while Charlie and LuAnn go into Thomas Donovan's cottage?
(a) Inside the cottage.
(b) In the woods.
(c) In the bushes.
(d) On the roof.
11. What is the name of the former lottery winner Thomas Donovan goes to see after having no luck persuading LuAnn to help him?
(a) Loretta Burns.
(b) Jennifer Smart.
(c) Daniel Buckman.
(d) Roberta Reynolds.
12. After running his fingerprints through a database, what does Jackson find is Matt's real name?
(a) Charlie Daniel.
(b) Howard Small.
(c) John Pemperton.
(d) Daniel Buckman.
13. What do LuAnn and Charlie do after John reveals the location of the car that was chasing her?
(a) Agree to hire someone to investigate it.
(b) Agree to leave it alone.
(c) Go to investigate it together.
(d) Bicker over who will investigate it.
14. Who does LuAnn ask to take Lisa away after Jackson comes to her house and pulls a gun on her?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
15. Whose death does Matt blame George Masters for?
(a) His son's.
(b) His daughter's.
(c) His wife's.
(d) His brother's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who asks John Pemperton to look up information on Charlottesville estates in Chapter 35?
2. What country must LuAnn's hidden nest egg stay in to be tax-free?
3. What sport does Matt play with the officer guarding Charlie's hospital room?
4. What does LuAnn fail to offer Matt after he helps her escape Thomas Donovan's cottage?
5. What is the name of the hospital Charlie is put in after being stabbed by Jackson?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)