|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the former lottery winner confess to Thomas Donovan about the balls in the lottery?
(a) The air system was rigged.
(b) They were sprayed with a chemical.
(c) They were weighed down with weights.
(d) The plastic was different on some balls.
2. How many hours does Matt wait on LuAnn when awaiting her decision to help the FBI catch Jackson?
3. Who saves LuAnn and Matt from the river after Jackson is killed?
4. What does LuAnn plead for Thomas Donovan to do, that he declines, at the end of their meeting?
(a) Leave the country.
(b) Keep his mouth shut.
(d) Take money.
5. After running his fingerprints through a database, what does Jackson find is Matt's real name?
(a) John Pemperton.
(b) Howard Small.
(c) Daniel Buckman.
(d) Charlie Daniel.
6. Who does LuAnn receive a call from just after she is intimate with Matt for the first time?
(a) Thomas Donovan.
7. What is Jackson's father's name?
8. What reward will LuAnn get if she turns Jackson over to the police?
(a) No jail time.
(b) One year probation.
9. Who does LuAnn learn died of a stabbing, and not a head wound from her, while meeting with Thomas Donovan for the first time?
(b) Duane's drug dealer.
10. What reason does the President have for endorsing the lottery personally in the book?
(a) College scholarships.
(b) Money for foreign relations.
(c) Its help to the country's infrastructure.
(d) His own wealth.
11. Which of the following things does Charlie NOT do after being hurt by Jackson?
(a) Crawls to the bed.
(b) Creates a tourniquet.
(c) Calls 911.
(d) Calls LuAnn.
12. What kind of car does John Pemperton reveal was in the car chase with LuAnn?
(a) A BMW.
(b) A Land Rover.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A Honda.
13. John Pemperton reveals that the car that was involved in the chase with LuAnn is being held where?
(a) A local residence.
(b) A local motel.
(c) A police officer's home.
(d) A local rental cottage.
14. Whose house does LuAnn go to and confess everything at the end of Chapter 43?
15. What is Matt outside doing at LuAnn's home the day after she sends Lisa away?
(a) Surveying land for a new building.
(b) Spying on her.
(c) Looking for his watch.
(d) Digging a hole.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does LuAnn see outside her house after leaving Matt's house in Chapter 43?
2. What reaction does LuAnn have when she discovers Matt knows more about her involvement with the lottery than she had previously told him?
3. What eats up most of LuAnn's fortune after she turns herself in to the police?
4. What does Thomas Donovan tell LuAnn is his main motivation for meeting with her?
5. What kind of bank account does Jackson provide LuAnn, allowing her access to a million dollars?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)