|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years have passed at the opening of Part Two of the book?
2. What does the man who conducts LuAnn's job interview actually want for her to work for?
(a) A bank.
(b) A circus.
(c) The national lottery.
(d) A criminal.
3. How does Charlie feel about LuAnn's proposition that he accompany her overseas?
(a) He is scared to go with her.
(b) He is only positive about going.
(c) He is torn on whether or not to go.
(d) He is only negative about going.
4. How old is LuAnn when she moves back to Virginia?
5. What is Jackson afraid will happen to his operation at the end of Chapter 26?
(a) It will not work anymore.
(b) It will lose money.
(c) It will become too big.
(d) It will be uncovered.
6. Which emotion does Duane NOT seem to feel after LuAnn catches him in bed with another woman, making her more angry?
7. How many hours does the job LuAnn interviews for at the beginning of the book require her to work per day?
8. What does Charlie realize the relationships he has formed around Charlottesville could be to him and LuAnn?
(d) Both helpful and harmful.
9. What is the false name given to LuAnn when she arrives in New York?
(a) Linda Freeman.
(b) Jessica Donovan.
(c) Claire Pemperton.
(d) Janet Feldman.
10. Where does LuAnn kick Duane after throwing the woman he was caught in bed with out of the house?
(a) His groin.
(b) His head.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His back.
11. What is the name of the private school where LuAnn enrolls Lisa in Virginia?
(a) St. Anne's Belfield.
(b) St. Ignatious Holy.
(c) St. Chrisopher's.
(d) St. Charles Episcopal.
12. What does LuAnn's quick departure leave her without in New York?
(b) Her passport.
(c) Her clock.
(d) Her license.
13. Which of the following items does Charlie NOT get for LuAnn when they first arrive in New York?
(a) A new wardrobe for LuAnn.
(b) Baby supplies.
(c) A carriage.
(d) A wig.
14. Where does Thomas Donovan travel to visit his girlfriend?
(b) New York.
15. How does the person who waits for LuAnn outside coerce her to follow his arrangements?
(a) With a knife.
(b) She agrees without coercion.
(c) At gunpoint.
(d) Threatening her daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is LuAnn's prized possession and only family heirloom?
2. What is the name of the man who conducts a job interview that LuAnn goes to at the beginning of the book?
3. What is the name of the city where LuAnn lives in Georgia?
4. What does the community of Charlottesville give LuAnn plenty of after accepting that she is just quiet?
5. What does the bank mistakenly reveal to Jackson that leads him to find out where LuAnn is living in the U.S.?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)