|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Matt described after he catches LuAnn looking through his house after she breaks in?
2. What does LuAnn have the fear of every day after winning the lottery?
(a) Being in jail.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Being discovered.
(d) Being killed.
3. Who kills Romanello in the book?
4. What color hair does the woman have, who LuAnn catches Duane in bed with?
5. How many days does LuAnn have to decide if she wants to take part in the scheme presented to her by the man who interviews her for a job?
6. How is LuAnn's demeanor described after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
7. What does the man who conducts LuAnn's job interview actually want for her to work for?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A circus.
(c) The national lottery.
(d) A bank.
8. What does LuAnn hit a man in the head with in self-defense after discovering Duane's dead body?
(a) A golf club.
(b) A lamp.
(c) A telephone.
(d) A bat.
9. What does Charlie realize the relationships he has formed around Charlottesville could be to him and LuAnn?
(c) Both helpful and harmful.
10. When throwing the woman she caught Duane in bed with outside, what room does LuAnn put Lisa's car seat in?
(a) The bed room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
11. What is the name of the city where LuAnn lives in Georgia?
12. Where does LuAnn kick Duane after throwing the woman he was caught in bed with out of the house?
(a) His back.
(b) His groin.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His head.
13. What kind of car is the person in who waits for LuAnn outside the press conference?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A limousine.
14. Where does LuAnn go on the day Jackson expects an answer from her about participating in his lottery scheme?
(b) Her parents' house.
(c) Her friend's house.
(d) Her parents' graves.
15. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
(a) The Rikersville sheriff.
(c) Shirly Jackson.
(d) Duane's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say that LuAnn possesses that often goes unnoticed by others?
2. What kind of home does LuAnn live in with her boyfriend and daughter?
3. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
4. Where does LuAnn board a train for after agreeing to participate in the lottery scheme?
5. How tall is LuAnn?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)