|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Thomas Donovan's girlfriend's name?
(a) Lilly Pierce.
(b) Jane Pemperton.
(c) Roberta Reynolds.
(d) Alicia Crane.
2. How many acres is the estate that LuAnn buys in Virginia?
3. What does LuAnn have the fear of every day after winning the lottery?
(a) Being discovered.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Being killed.
(d) Being in jail.
4. What is the name of the Pulitzer prize winning writer that is following LuAnn?
(a) Matt Riggs.
(b) Thomas Donovan.
(c) Romanello Duvall.
(d) George Masters.
5. What does the woman who goes to LuAnn's trailer for revenge have with her as weapons?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A knife and battery acid.
(d) A bat.
6. What is the main requirement of Jackson and LuAnn's business arrangement once she wins the lottery?
(a) To leave the country.
(b) To get plastic surgery.
(c) To give Lisa up for adoption.
(d) To change her hair color.
7. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
(a) 9 out of 12.
(b) 8 out of 10.
(c) 5 out of 10.
(d) 3 out of 12.
8. What is the name of the woman who goes to LuAnn's trailer for revenge, but discovers Duane's dead body instead?
(a) Alicia Crane.
(b) Loraine Finster.
(c) Shirley Watson.
(d) Sally Pemperton.
9. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
(a) In the dresser.
(b) In the closet.
(c) In the freezer.
(d) Under the mattress.
10. What does LuAnn hit a man in the head with in self-defense after discovering Duane's dead body?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A bat.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A telephone.
11. How do most lottery winners eventually wind up, according to the author who is researching the lottery system?
(a) The same as before.
(b) Slightly more wealthy than before.
(c) Richer than before.
(d) Poorer than they began.
12. What does LuAnn wear to a job interview at the beginning of the book?
(a) A suit.
(b) A jumpsuit.
(c) Blue jeans and a t-shirt.
(d) A dress.
13. When she goes there the next day, what does LuAnn find at the office in the mall where Jackson conducted her job interview?
(a) Jackson hired someone else.
(b) Jackson doesn't work there anymore.
(c) There is a new secretary.
(d) It is empty.
14. How much of LuAnn's life does she deduce she has spent on the run?
(a) Three quarters.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A third.
15. Who does Charlie ask his and LuAnn's real estate agent to look into for him?
(a) Matt Riggs.
(c) Thomas Donovan.
(d) Roberta Reynolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
2. What is the name of the city in Virginia that LuAnn chooses to live in, after she moves back to the U.S.?
3. What does Jackson believe after seeing that someone has put out an alert on the falsified IRS forms he made for LuAnn?
4. What is the name of Charlie and LuAnn's real estate agent?
5. As LuAnn is throwing the other woman out of the house, what does LuAnn grab the woman by?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)