|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the false name given to LuAnn when she arrives in New York?
(a) Janet Feldman.
(b) Linda Freeman.
(c) Jessica Donovan.
(d) Claire Pemperton.
2. What is the name of the man who conducts a job interview that LuAnn goes to at the beginning of the book?
3. What does LuAnn grab, along with Lisa, when leaving Duane's trailer?
(a) A weapon.
(c) Duane's money.
(d) Her clock.
4. What is the name of the estate LuAnn chooses to buy in the U.S., after moving back?
(a) Harper's Landing.
(b) Harper's Hunt.
(c) Wicken's Landing.
(d) Wicken's Hunt.
5. What is LuAnn's biggest fear about her new life after winning the lottery?
(a) That Lisa will find out the source of their money.
(b) That Charlie will leave her.
(c) That she will go to jail.
(d) That Jackson will kill her.
6. What is Thomas Donovan's girlfriend's name?
(a) Alicia Crane.
(b) Lilly Pierce.
(c) Jane Pemperton.
(d) Roberta Reynolds.
7. What sum does Romanello try to blackmail LuAnn for?
(a) 75% of her lottery winnings.
(d) Half of her lottery winnings.
8. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
(a) 9 out of 12.
(b) 3 out of 12.
(c) 5 out of 10.
(d) 8 out of 10.
9. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Dan Brown.
(b) James Patterson.
(c) David Baldacci.
(d) Tom Clancy.
10. What is the name of the private school where LuAnn enrolls Lisa in Virginia?
(a) St. Anne's Belfield.
(b) St. Chrisopher's.
(c) St. Ignatious Holy.
(d) St. Charles Episcopal.
11. What does Charlie's real estate agent tell him that Matt was once associated with?
(a) The mafia.
(b) The police.
(c) The lottery.
(d) The bank.
12. Where does LuAnn board a train for after agreeing to participate in the lottery scheme?
(a) New York City.
13. Where does LuAnn arrive first in New York City?
(a) Laguardia Airport.
(b) JFK Airport.
(c) Central Station.
(d) Penn Station.
14. Who illegally becomes LuAnn's legal representative for tax purposes?
(a) Thomas Donovan.
15. Where does LuAnn go on the day Jackson expects an answer from her about participating in his lottery scheme?
(b) Her parents' house.
(c) Her parents' graves.
(d) Her friend's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is LuAnn's demeanor described after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
2. What is the name of the guide given to LuAnn once she arrives in New York?
3. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
4. After leaving the cemetery, what does LuAnn decide to get after she can move in with her friend?
5. Who waits for LuAnn outside the press conference after she has accepted her lottery winnings?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)