|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff of the Rikersville police who puts out a warrant for LuAnn?
(a) Sheriff Donovan.
(b) Sheriff Pemperton.
(c) Sheriff Waymer.
(d) Sheriff Masters.
2. What is the name of the private school where LuAnn enrolls Lisa in Virginia?
(a) St. Chrisopher's.
(b) St. Charles Episcopal.
(c) St. Ignatious Holy.
(d) St. Anne's Belfield.
3. What is the name of the city where LuAnn lives in Georgia?
4. What does LuAnn notice on the coffee table after discovering Duane's dead body?
(c) Stacks of money.
5. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
(a) 9 out of 12.
(b) 3 out of 12.
(c) 5 out of 10.
(d) 8 out of 10.
6. After leaving the cemetery, what does LuAnn decide to get after she can move in with her friend?
(a) A college degree.
(b) Her GED.
(c) A teaching certificate.
(d) A high school diploma.
7. What is Thomas Donovan's girlfriend's name?
(a) Roberta Reynolds.
(b) Alicia Crane.
(c) Lilly Pierce.
(d) Jane Pemperton.
8. What does the man who conducts LuAnn's job interview actually want for her to work for?
(a) A criminal.
(b) A circus.
(c) The national lottery.
(d) A bank.
9. What is the name of the city in Virginia that LuAnn chooses to live in, after she moves back to the U.S.?
10. What is the name of the estate LuAnn chooses to buy in the U.S., after moving back?
(a) Wicken's Hunt.
(b) Wicken's Landing.
(c) Harper's Hunt.
(d) Harper's Landing.
11. What does LuAnn wear to a job interview at the beginning of the book?
(a) A suit.
(b) Blue jeans and a t-shirt.
(c) A dress.
(d) A jumpsuit.
12. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
(a) Shirly Jackson.
(b) Duane's mother.
(c) The Rikersville sheriff.
13. What is LuAnn's boyfriend's name that she has a daughter with?
14. How does Jackson learn that LuAnn has moved back to the U.S.?
(a) She tells him.
(b) Charlie tells him.
(c) He deposits money in her account.
(d) He has had her followed since she won the lottery.
15. Where does LuAnn go on the day Jackson expects an answer from her about participating in his lottery scheme?
(a) Her friend's house.
(b) Her parents' house.
(d) Her parents' graves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color hair does the woman have, who LuAnn catches Duane in bed with?
2. What does Jackson believe after seeing that someone has put out an alert on the falsified IRS forms he made for LuAnn?
3. What does the woman who goes to LuAnn's trailer for revenge have with her as weapons?
4. What does LuAnn's quick departure leave her without in New York?
5. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)