|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LuAnn donate large sums of money to in Charlottesville?
(a) An animal shelter.
(b) The church.
(c) Local causes.
(d) The local theater.
2. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
(b) Shirly Jackson.
(c) The Rikersville sheriff.
(d) Duane's mother.
3. What does the author say that LuAnn possesses that often goes unnoticed by others?
(a) An inner strength.
(b) High intelligence.
(c) Ability to manipulate others.
4. What kind of car is the person in who waits for LuAnn outside the press conference?
(a) A Honda.
(b) A BMW.
(c) A Buick.
(d) A limousine.
5. According to the author who is researching the lottery system, what is the ratio of lottery winners who ultimately declare bankruptcy?
(a) 9 out of 12.
(b) 3 out of 12.
(c) 5 out of 10.
(d) 8 out of 10.
6. What does the bank mistakenly reveal to Jackson that leads him to find out where LuAnn is living in the U.S.?
(a) Her change of address form.
(b) Her account number.
(c) Her bank statement.
(d) Her bank password.
7. What is the name of the sheriff of the Rikersville police who puts out a warrant for LuAnn?
(a) Sheriff Masters.
(b) Sheriff Donovan.
(c) Sheriff Waymer.
(d) Sheriff Pemperton.
8. What sum does Romanello try to blackmail LuAnn for?
(a) 75% of her lottery winnings.
(c) Half of her lottery winnings.
9. What is Thomas Donovan's girlfriend's name?
(a) Roberta Reynolds.
(b) Jane Pemperton.
(c) Alicia Crane.
(d) Lilly Pierce.
10. What is the name of the man who conducts a job interview that LuAnn goes to at the beginning of the book?
11. What does Jackson have to create for LuAnn, that she never created for herself, in order for her to win the lottery?
(a) A social security card.
(b) A passport.
(c) A driver's license.
(d) A social security card and driver's license.
12. Where does LuAnn arrive first in New York City?
(a) Laguardia Airport.
(b) JFK Airport.
(c) Penn Station.
(d) Central Station.
13. Who is the author of the book?
(a) Dan Brown.
(b) Tom Clancy.
(c) James Patterson.
(d) David Baldacci.
14. What color hair does the woman have, who LuAnn catches Duane in bed with?
15. When she goes there the next day, what does LuAnn find at the office in the mall where Jackson conducted her job interview?
(a) It is empty.
(b) Jackson doesn't work there anymore.
(c) There is a new secretary.
(d) Jackson hired someone else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main requirement of Jackson and LuAnn's business arrangement once she wins the lottery?
2. What does LuAnn learn is Jackson's most surprising skill?
3. How many days does LuAnn have to decide if she wants to take part in the scheme presented to her by the man who interviews her for a job?
4. What is the name of the city in Virginia that LuAnn chooses to live in, after she moves back to the U.S.?
5. Where does LuAnn discover a hidden cache of money during her fight with Duane?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)