|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who engages in Charlottesville society on LuAnn's behalf before she moves there?
2. How does Charlie feel about LuAnn's proposition that he accompany her overseas?
(a) He is scared to go with her.
(b) He is torn on whether or not to go.
(c) He is only negative about going.
(d) He is only positive about going.
3. How much of LuAnn's life does she deduce she has spent on the run?
(a) Three quarters.
(b) A quarter.
(d) A third.
4. What does the man who conducts LuAnn's job interview actually want for her to work for?
(a) A bank.
(b) A criminal.
(c) The national lottery.
(d) A circus.
5. What does LuAnn have the fear of every day after winning the lottery?
(a) Being killed.
(b) Being poor.
(c) Being discovered.
(d) Being in jail.
6. How many lottery winners does LuAnn research at the library?
7. What is the name of the city in Virginia that LuAnn chooses to live in, after she moves back to the U.S.?
8. How much money does the job that LuAnn interviews for at the beginning of the book pay per workday?
9. What does LuAnn learn is Jackson's most surprising skill?
(a) Hiding money.
(b) Creating false documents.
10. What does Charlie realize the relationships he has formed around Charlottesville could be to him and LuAnn?
(c) Both helpful and harmful.
11. How many hours does the job LuAnn interviews for at the beginning of the book require her to work per day?
12. How is LuAnn's demeanor described after her car chase with Thomas Donovan?
13. Who does Thomas Donovan phone to learn more about LuAnn's murder warrant when investigating her for his story?
(a) Duane's mother.
(c) Shirly Jackson.
(d) The Rikersville sheriff.
14. What does LuAnn hit a man in the head with in self-defense after discovering Duane's dead body?
(a) A lamp.
(b) A golf club.
(c) A bat.
(d) A telephone.
15. How old is LuAnn's daughter at the beginning of the book?
(a) 3 years old.
(b) 1 year old.
(c) 2 years old.
(d) 8 months old.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the sheriff of the Rikersville police who puts out a warrant for LuAnn?
2. Who waits for LuAnn outside the press conference after she has accepted her lottery winnings?
3. What does Jackson find out that LuAnn has been doing with her taxes that upsets him?
4. Where does LuAnn go just after meeting with Romanello?
5. How does Jackson learn that LuAnn has moved back to the U.S.?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)