|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 27, what time is it when Merton and Kate talk?
2. In Chapter 17 when Kate meets Merton’s train, what time does she have to be at Lancaster Gate?
3. What is the month at the beginning of Chapter 33?
4. In Chapter 27, what does Merton ask Kate to do to prove her love?
(a) Come to his room.
(b) Talk to Aunt Maud.
(c) Kiss him.
(d) Talk to Milly.
5. In Chapter 27, where are the others while Kate and Merton talk?
(c) Other end of a garden.
(d) Having tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Milly plan to go second once she leaves London?
2. What color are the squares of marble along the gallery where Merton walks in Chapter 30?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 33, how long does Kate believe it has been since Merton made a sign?
4. In Chapter 34, what color are the chairs where Merton has tea with Maud?
5. When Merton saw Milly one last time before leaving Venice, how long was his visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Kate and Merton get time to talk alone in Chapter 27?
2. Why didn’t Maud and Kate go to the country for Christmas?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 23, what does Susan believe the doctor is doing?
4. In Chapter 28, why doesn’t Milly come down to dinner?
5. What do Susan and Maud discuss in Chapter 22?
6. In Chapter 30, how many days does Merton visit the palace before he is turned away by one of the gondoliers?
7. Why was Sir Mark with Maud earlier Christmas Day?
8. In Chapter 23, when and where does Sir Strett agree to see Milly again?
9. What has Merton often said will happen after they marry?
10. What does Kate think Merton’s note from Milly says?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)