|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the palace where Milly is staying in Chapter 24?
2. What is Lord Mark reading when Merton sees him in Chapter 30?
(a) German newspaper.
(b) Italian newspaper.
(c) British newspaper.
(d) French newspaper.
3. In Chapter 30, after how many straight days of Merton visiting Milly, is he told she is not receiving guests?
4. In Chapter 26, how does Kate think Merton looks as he visits Milly?
5. In Chapter 27, where are Kate and Merton talking?
(a) St. Peter’s Church.
(b) Kunsthistorisches Museum.
(c) Schloss Schonbrunn.
(d) Piazza San Marco.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationalities share Merton’s hotel in Chapter 26?
2. In Chapter 18, what color are the furnishings of the room where Kate and Merton meet at Lancaster Gate?
3. In Chapter 30, where does Merton see Lord Mark?
4. How soon after the visit to the National Gallery were Susan and Milly to leave?
5. When Strett talked with Susan about Milly’s illness, how long did he stay?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Sir Strett tell Susan about Milly’s illness?
2. According to Kate, what was the reason for Lord Mark’s short visit to Venice?
3. In Chapter 30, what does Merton do after visiting Milly?
4. What has Merton often said will happen after they marry?
5. What does Kate think Merton’s note from Milly says?
6. What is Densher’s routine the first eight days he is in Venice?
7. Why didn’t Maud and Kate go to the country for Christmas?
8. Why was Sir Mark with Maud earlier Christmas Day?
9. Who are some of the guests at Milly’s party in Chapter 28?
10. In Chapter 28, why doesn’t Milly come down to dinner?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)