|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nationalities share Merton’s hotel in Chapter 26?
(a) German, American, and English.
(b) French, Russian, and English.
(c) English and Swiss.
(d) Spanish and Portuguese.
2. In Chapter 29, how long has it been since Maud and Kate left Venice?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 5 days.
3. In Chapter 22, what is Maud doing while Susan cries about Milly?
(a) Having tea.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Figuring her accounts.
(d) Writing letters.
4. Where does Milly plan to go second once she leaves London?
5. How much does it cost Merton to send a telegram in Chapter 34?
(a) Several pennies.
(b) Couple shillings.
(c) 4 pennies.
(d) 4 shillings.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 28, how long does Merton talk with Susan before the other ladies join them?
2. In Chapter 35, what direction does Merton walk after talking with Maud?
3. Where do Kate and Merton meet in Chapter 34, and he proposes again?
4. In Chapter 19 when Kate comes into the room where Merton is talking with Maud, what does he feel like?
5. What is Lord Mark reading when Merton sees him in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 19, what does Kate ask Merton to do?
2. How does Maud couch her invitation to dinner in Chapter 19?
3. At first what reason does Merton give for staying on in Venice after Kate and Maud left?
4. What did Sir Strett tell Susan about Milly’s illness?
5. What is Densher’s routine the first eight days he is in Venice?
6. How do Kate and Merton get time to talk alone in Chapter 27?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 23, what does Susan believe the doctor is doing?
8. Why does Merton go to see Kate on Christmas Day?
9. What does Merton want to do with the money Milly has left him?
10. Why had Kate and Merton decided to meet at the National Gallery on the day they saw Milly?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)