|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 30, how many days does Merton wait for word from the palace that he can visit again?
2. When Milly leaves London, where will she go first?
3. In Chapter 28, what role does Susan say she will play in a Veronese picture?
4. When does Strett plan to see Milly again after she leaves London?
5. In Chapter 26, where does Merton cross to make arrangement for new living quarters?
(a) Ponte Minich.
(c) Ponte Tron.
(d) Bridge of Sighs.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Strett recommend that Milly leave and then return to London?
2. In Chapter 30, who comes from the palace to see Merton at is lodging?
3. How much does it cost Merton to send a telegram in Chapter 34?
4. What is the reason that Merton gives Milly for staying behind after Maud and Kate leave?
5. In the beginning of Chapter 20, what do the guests and hosts do after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. Eventually, what reason does Susan give for Merton not being received at the palace?
2. What has Merton often said will happen after they marry?
3. What does Kate think Merton’s note from Milly says?
4. When Merton asks Eugenio why the ladies are not receiving guests, what does Eugenio tell him?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 29, what is Merton thinking of?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 23, what does Susan believe the doctor is doing?
7. In Chapter 19, what does Kate ask Merton to do?
8. In Chapter 30, what does Merton do after visiting Milly?
9. Why didn’t Maud and Kate go to the country for Christmas?
10. Why does Merton decide to change his lodgings in Venice?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)