|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What writer is mentioned at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Lord Byron.
(c) Matthew Arnold.
(d) Guy de Maupassant.
2. In Chapter 31, when does Susan say that Sir Strett will arrive?
3. In Chapter 30, who comes from the palace to see Merton at is lodging?
4. What type of pet does the housekeeper of the palace have?
5. When Strett talked with Susan about Milly’s illness, how long did he stay?
(b) Half hour.
(c) Three-quarters of an hour.
(d) Quarter hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in Maud’s carriage in Chapter 35?
2. In Chapter 20, where does Merton walk after dinner?
3. In Chapter 30, who tells Merton that Milly is not receiving guests?
4. What is the name of the one in Chapter 30 who tells Merton that Milly is not receiving visitors?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Merton refer to meeting Kate at Lancaster Gate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Merton often said will happen after they marry?
2. Who are some of the guests at Milly’s party in Chapter 28?
3. Why does Merton decide to change his lodgings in Venice?
4. Why does Merton go to see Kate on Christmas Day?
5. Where does Kate meet Merton when he first gets back from America?
6. When Merton asks Eugenio why the ladies are not receiving guests, what does Eugenio tell him?
7. What does Merton want to do with the money Milly has left him?
8. According to Kate, what was the reason for Lord Mark’s short visit to Venice?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 23, what does Susan believe the doctor is doing?
10. What did Sir Strett tell Susan about Milly’s illness?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)