|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Kate’s other brother die?
(b) Run over.
2. What is Susan’s maiden name?
3. How many children does Kate’s sister Marian have?
4. In Chapter 5, when Milly picks up her book on the way back from her walk, what does she write on the cover?
(c) Au revoir!
(d) A bientot!
5. On what day did Susan hurry from Boston because Milly was sick?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is Aunt Maud compared to in Chapter 2?
2. How many brothers does Kate have?
3. In Chapter 11, where has Lord Mark seen a picture that looks like Milly?
4. As a child, where was Merton educated?
5. What magazine does Susan think of reading in Chapter 8 as she thinks about Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Kate used to view Marian before her marriage?
2. By Chapter 7, where are Milly and Susan dining?
3. When Milly and Susan wanted to go to Switzerland off-season, what were they told?
4. Who did Marian marry?
5. How was Kate’s mother’s estate divided up?
6. What are Aunt Maud’s conditions for taking Kate in?
7. What does Marian Condrip tell Milly about Merton Densher?
8. In Chapter 10, how does Milly describe the terrace and garden of the historic house where there is a party?
9. Why does Kate bring Lord and Lady Aldershaw into the house in Chapter 11?
10. In Chapter 10, what does Maud ask of Milly?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)