|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how many minutes does Milly lie down before jumping up with a question?
2. In Chapter 8, what is Susan’s word to describe Maud?
3. What animal is Aunt Maud compared to in Chapter 2?
4. What is Susan’s maiden name?
5. In Chapter 9, at what time might Milly be as detached as an occasion required?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 4 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, where does a doctor recommend that Milly go for her health?
2. What day of the week did Kate learn that her father had done something wicked?
3. What color are the shades at Milly’s hotel in London?
4. In Chapter 9, where does Susan go for a drive with Maud?
5. How old is the magazine in the room where Kate waits in Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Susan have to rush to New York ten days before her and Milly’s voyage to Europe began?
2. How was Kate’s mother’s estate divided up?
3. Where and when does Merton work?
4. When Milly and Susan wanted to go to Switzerland off-season, what were they told?
5. What does Kate look like?
6. In Chapter 10, how does Milly describe the terrace and garden of the historic house where there is a party?
7. In Chapter 11, what does Milly ask Kate to do?
8. How did Kate used to view Marian before her marriage?
9. Why does Kate bring Lord and Lady Aldershaw into the house in Chapter 11?
10. In Chapter 12, why does Milly have to make another doctor’s appointment for a few days away?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)