|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 4, how does Aunt Maud let Merton know she wishes to see him?
(c) Through Kate.
2. In Chapter 11, where has Lord Mark seen a picture that looks like Milly?
(a) Historic house.
(c) National Gallery.
(d) His estate.
3. How is Aunt Maud related to Kate?
(a) Her mother’s sister.
(b) The wife of her father’s brother.
(c) The wife of her mother’s brother.
(d) Her father’s sister.
4. Who is Kate waiting for in Chapter 1?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
5. What is the month in Chapter 13?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Milly and Susan land when they came to Europe?
2. In Chapter 8, on what street does Milly seem to find everything rustling about?
3. What invitation does Maud extend to Milly in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 13 after her doctor visit, where does Milly find herself after her walk?
5. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Kate call her aunt?
Short Essay Questions
1. What Does Susan do for a living?
2. What are Aunt Maud’s conditions for taking Kate in?
3. What are Lord Mark’s politics?
4. By Chapter 7, where are Milly and Susan dining?
5. How does Milly describe a Bishop at a dinner party in Chapter 7?
6. Where and when does Merton work?
7. Why does Kate bring Lord and Lady Aldershaw into the house in Chapter 11?
8. Why did Susan have to rush to New York ten days before her and Milly’s voyage to Europe began?
9. Why did Kate’s father ask her to come to his quarters in Book 1?
10. What does Susan believe made her a woman of the world?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)