|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many people come into the room while Lord Mark and Milly look at the painting that resembles Milly?
2. In Chapter 10, what type of a composition does Milly compare the terrace and garden beyond the great historic house to?
3. In Chapter 3, when does Merton promise he and Kate marry?
(a) 2 months.
(d) In a week.
4. In Chapter 5, when Milly picks up her book on the way back from her walk, what does she write on the cover?
(b) Au revoir!
(d) A bientot!
5. How old does Kate say she was when her father did something impossible?
6. What is Marian’s married name?
7. In Chapter 1, what is the month?
8. On what day did Susan hurry from Boston because Milly was sick?
9. In Chapter 6, how many minutes does Milly lie down before jumping up with a question?
10. What was Kate doing when she learned her father had done something bad?
11. At the beginning of Chapter 9, at what time did she habitually use about everything to Susan?
(b) 11 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
12. Where is the house located where Kate waits in Chapter 1?
(a) Wayland St.
(b) Newton St.
(c) Chirk St.
(d) Main St.
13. In Chapter 15, what does Kate call Milly?
14. How many days before the dinner party in Chapter 7, did Kate and Maud call on Milly and Susan?
15. What color is Milly’s hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the season in Chapter 11?
2. In Chapter 7, how many dinner guests sit between Milly and Lord Mark?
3. When do Milly and Susan like to have supper?
4. In Chapter 4, how long is it proposed that Merton go to America?
5. In Chapter 3, by what gate does Kate enter to meet Merton?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)