|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, what does Kate call Milly?
2. How many years had Susan spent in Switzerland as a girl?
3. In Chapter 7, how many dinner guests sit between Milly and Lord Mark?
4. Where does Kate’s father often patronize?
(a) Kew Gardens.
(b) Chelsea Physic Gardens.
(c) Lexham Gardens.
(d) Hampton Court.
5. At what age did Merton begin writing?
6. What color are Kate’s eyes?
7. On what day did Susan hurry from Boston because Milly was sick?
8. In Chapter 4, how does Aunt Maud let Merton know she wishes to see him?
(b) Through Kate.
9. How did Kate’s other brother die?
(d) Run over.
10. What color hat does Kate wear in Chapter 1?
11. In Chapter 5, where do Milly and Susan stop for a luncheon and then decide to stay longer?
12. In Chapter 3, what times of day does Merton find himself going to Kensington Gardens?
13. As a child, where was Merton educated?
(a) English boarding schools.
(b) Swiss schools.
(c) German schools.
(d) French schools.
14. How long after their first meeting do Kate and Merton meet again?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 1 ½ years.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 6 months.
15. On what day did Susan talk to Dr. Finch alone in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Milly?
2. How does Kate get to Milly’s hotel in Chapter 13?
3. How is Aunt Maud related to Kate?
4. What is the lamp made of mentioned at the beginning of Chapter 1?
5. What color are the shades at Milly’s hotel in London?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)