|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does Kate have?
2. What color are Kate’s eyes?
3. Who is the person that Milly wants to go see with Kate in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 4, how does Aunt Maud let Merton know she wishes to see him?
(c) Through Kate.
5. In Chapter 12, where does a doctor recommend that Milly go for her health?
(c) English countryside.
(d) Mediterranean beaches.
6. In Chapter 7, how many dinner guests sit between Milly and Lord Mark?
7. At supper in Chapter 6, what does Milly announce?
(a) She wants to go to Munich.
(b) She wants to do to London.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She is engaged to be married.
8. In Chapter 9, at what time might Milly be as detached as an occasion required?
(a) 2 p.m.
(d) 4 p.m.
9. Who is Kate waiting for in Chapter 1?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her mother.
10. In Chapter 5, where did Susan and Milly meet before going on their trip?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. In Chapter 8, of what type of character does Milly think when she is thinking of Kate?
12. How did Kate’s other brother die?
(c) Run over.
13. In Chapter 6, how many minutes does Milly lie down before jumping up with a question?
14. In Chapter 4, how long does Merton wait to see Aunt Maud?
(b) Three quarters of an hour.
(c) Half an hour.
(d) Quarter hour.
15. At the end of Chapter 3, what does Kate call her aunt?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Aunt Maud related to Kate?
2. During the dinner party in Chapter 7, how does Milly describe Maud to Lord Mark?
3. Where did Merton and Kate first meet?
4. What is the month in Chapter 13?
5. In Chapter 1, what color cloth is on the principal table?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)