|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does Kate say she was when her father did something impossible?
2. At what age did Merton begin writing?
3. On what day did Susan talk to Dr. Finch alone in New York?
4. What is Marian’s married name?
5. In Chapter 5, where did Susan and Milly meet before going on their trip?
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
6. How old is the magazine in the room where Kate waits in Chapter 1?
(a) 6 months.
(c) 2 months.
(d) 8 months.
7. In Chapter 9, where do Kate and Milly go to see the quarter of the famous Carlyle and residence of Marian?
(c) High Gate.
8. Where is the house located where Kate waits in Chapter 1?
(a) Newton St.
(b) Main St.
(c) Chirk St.
(d) Wayland St.
9. How long after their first meeting do Kate and Merton meet again?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 4 months.
(c) 1 year.
(d) 1 ½ years.
10. In Chapter 13 after her doctor visit, where does Milly find herself after her walk?
(a) Kensington Gardens.
(b) Regent’s Park.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) Hyde Park.
11. In Chapter 6, how many minutes does Milly lie down before jumping up with a question?
12. Who does Kate bring to see the portrait that resembles Milly?
(a) Lady Aldershaw.
(b) Lord Martin.
(d) Lady Whiting.
13. What is the month in Chapter 13?
14. In Chapter 7, what member of the clergy is at Maud’s dinner party?
(a) Cardinal Davies.
(b) Archbishop Wright.
(c) Bishop Murrum.
(d) Father Brown.
15. What color are Kate’s eyes?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what seasoning-substance does Susan talk about removing from a nutritive pudding?
2. What magazine does Susan think of reading in Chapter 8 as she thinks about Kate?
3. In Chapter 4, how long does Merton wait to see Aunt Maud?
4. In Chapter 15, what does Kate call Milly?
5. How many sisters does Kate have?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)