1. Why did Kate’s father ask her to come to his quarters in Book 1?
Kate’s father asked her to come to his quarters. He claimed that he was too sick to go out.
2. What does Kate look like?
Kate is a beautiful young woman. She has blue eyes and very dark hair.
3. What are Aunt Maud’s conditions for taking Kate in?
Aunt Maud will take Kate in if she forsakes her father and has nothing to do with him. Kate is never to see him, speak to him, write to him, or communicate with him in any way.
4. How was Kate’s mother’s estate divided up?
Kate’s mother’s estate was divided between Kate and her sister Marian. They each receive 200 a year.
5. How did Kate used to view Marian before her marriage?
Kate used to view Marian as the prettiest girl around. She saw Marian as charming, clever, and assured of happiness and success.
This section contains 2,214 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)