|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 9: Chapters 29-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the artist who painted the portrait that Lord Mark believes looks like Milly?
2. What writer is mentioned at the end of Chapter 19?
(a) Lord Byron.
(c) Guy de Maupassant.
(d) Matthew Arnold.
3. In Chapter 8, how does Merton refer to meeting Kate at Lancaster Gate?
(d) Nerve wracking.
4. In Chapter 19, why does Merton think the social herd might have flocked to Milly?
(a) No one more popular.
(b) No larger presence.
(c) No larger lion.
(d) No one could compete with her.
5. How many times did Merton see Milly in New York?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17 when Kate meets Merton’s train, what time does she have to be at Lancaster Gate?
2. How does Kate get to Milly’s hotel in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 27, what time is it when Merton and Kate talk?
4. In Chapter 26, where does Merton cross to make arrangement for new living quarters?
5. In Chapter 8, what is Susan’s word to describe Maud?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)