|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maturin doing in the Andes?
(a) Visiting the Abbess of the convent.
(b) Meeting with the local rebellion leaders.
(c) Buying coca leaves.
(d) Visiting a friend at the monastery.
2. What does Pullings feel offended?
(a) By the things his brother-in-law says about Pullings' sister.
(b) By the persistence of some men who are yelling at him.
(c) By the way Aubrey presumes authority over him.
(d) By the way the first mate is too familiar.
3. What relation is Sam Panda to Aubrey?
(a) His illegitimate son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His grandson.
(d) His nephew.
4. What interest does Eduardo share with Maturin?
(a) Natural history and philosophy.
(b) Political manipulation.
(c) Military intelligence.
(d) Coca leaves.
5. What helps Maturin's physical problems?
(b) Coca leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much information does the Englishman have on the ship Aubrey wants to capture?
2. How is Martin doing physically by Chapter 6?
3. What does Maturin want from the local people with whom he speaks?
4. What does Maturin's group detour to see?
5. What type of cargo is the ship in question #91 carrying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What shape is Maturin in after the storm and how does he make it out of the mountains?
2. Where does Maturin go when he leaves Callao the first time and who does he meet? Why is he going there?
3. Describe Eduardo and what kind of relationship do he and Maturin develop?
4. What does Pullings see and hear as he puts out to sea in Surprise?
5. Who are two of the main figures in the planned rebellion and how do they stand on the issue?
6. What is the result of Martin's self-medication?
7. What happens when Surprise reaches port at Callao? What does Maturin do?
8. What does Gayongos say about Dutourd when he arrives for the meeting?
9. What happens to Aubrey as they take the French ship?
10. How does Maturin react physically and intellectually to the mountains?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)