|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ship (s) like that are nearby?
(a) Mostly merchant ships.
(b) Mostly second class.
(c) Small communication ships.
(d) Large and dangerous.
2. Who does Gayongos say is spreading information about Maturin?
3. What does Maturin want from the local people with whom he speaks?
(a) To help him find his mother.
(b) To sell him a coca farm.
(c) To find him a good supply of poppy seeds.
(d) To favor a rebellion.
4. What does Maturin describe in his letter to his wife from Peru?
(a) What he finds humorous about the Peruvians.
(b) The tensions involved in his mission.
(c) Aubrey's illegitimate son.
(d) The local flora and fauna.
5. What does Maturin's group detour to see?
(a) A new species of gorilla.
(b) A rare species of indigent deerlike creatures.
(c) A tribe heretofore never known about.
(d) An alpine lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the mule upon which Maturin travels out of Callao?
2. What happens to Aubrey during the taking of the prize ship?
3. What is not going to take place?
4. What relation is Sam Panda to Aubrey?
5. What is getting in the way of Aubrey's plans on the Franklin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Maturin write about his mission and what does he tell him?
2. Describe Eduardo and what kind of relationship do he and Maturin develop?
3. What does Pullings see and hear as he puts out to sea in Surprise?
4. With whom does Maturin meet and why?
5. What shape is Maturin in after the storm and how does he make it out of the mountains?
6. How does Maturin react physically and intellectually to the mountains?
7. Where has Maturin been sent after the collapse of the rebellion?
8. What does Sam Panda have to say when he comes aboard the Surprise?
9. What is the result of Martin's self-medication?
10. What happens when Surprise reaches port at Callao? What does Maturin do?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)