|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ship (s) like that are nearby?
(a) Mostly merchant ships.
(b) Mostly second class.
(c) Small communication ships.
(d) Large and dangerous.
2. What does Aubrey catch sight of while looking for a prize?
(a) An American battleship.
(b) A French pirate.
(c) A Spanish galleon.
(d) An American whaler.
3. At what port does Surprise and her prizes stop in Chapter 6?
(b) Los Hagesles.
(c) San Paulos.
4. Why is Castro angry about the meeting?
(a) He wanted to be the leader.
(b) No one will listen to his ideas.
(c) He doesn't like O'Higgins.
(d) He wasn't included.
5. What does Pullings do when he encounters the next prize ship?
(a) Engages in a vicious boarding action.
(b) Rams the ship in the bow.
(c) Sets the ship on fire.
(d) Waits for Surprise.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Maturin feel about the possible success of the rebellion?
2. In what condition is Martin when Maturin checks on him later?
3. Who is Sam Panda?
4. How does Aubrey and the other men look?
5. What does Maturin request of Aubrey in port?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Aubrey as they take the French ship?
2. What shape is Maturin in after the storm and how does he make it out of the mountains?
3. Where does Maturin go when he leaves Callao the first time and who does he meet? Why is he going there?
4. Who is Edward Shelton and why is he aboard the American whaler?
5. How does Aubrey fool the whaler?
6. What does Shelton volunteer for and what does he tell Aubrey?
7. How does Maturin react physically and intellectually to the mountains?
8. What does Aubrey hope to find as they sail to Peru and how does he find it?
9. Describe Eduardo and what kind of relationship do he and Maturin develop?
10. What happens to Martin as Surprise is pursuing the French ship and what does Maturin do with his assistant?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)