|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Maturin write about his plans for his mission?
(a) Sir Richard Haverty.
(b) Sir Joseph Blaine.
(c) Admiral Runkstine.
(d) Admiral Pushing.
2. What does Pullings feel offended?
(a) By the things his brother-in-law says about Pullings' sister.
(b) By the way the first mate is too familiar.
(c) By the persistence of some men who are yelling at him.
(d) By the way Aubrey presumes authority over him.
3. What is done at the meeting in the Andes?
(a) A lot of infighting.
(b) An inventory of materials.
(c) General plans and schedule drawn up.
(d) Voting on a constitution.
4. How is Martin doing physically by Chapter 6?
(a) He is completely healed.
(b) He will not recover.
(c) He should be well within another week.
(d) He is in for a long recuperation.
5. How much information does the Englishman have on the ship Aubrey wants to capture?
(a) He knows some of the crew members but nothing about the ship itself.
(b) He does not know much about it.
(c) He has detailed information on the crew and the armaments.
(d) He only knows the general location.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey decide to do from the Franklin?
2. Who will be out of town during the proposed uprising?
3. How does Surprise steer her way to the Franklin?
4. What does Pullings do after readying Surprise?
5. What does Maturin do when when Martin comes to sick call?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maturin react physically and intellectually to the mountains?
2. Who is Edward Shelton and why is he aboard the American whaler?
3. What does Aubrey attempt to do to correct what he found out about Dutourd?
4. What happens when Surprise reaches port at Callao? What does Maturin do?
5. What side trip do Maturin and Eduardo take and what happens after they leave there?
6. How does Aubrey fool the whaler?
7. What is done at the meeting for the rebellion?
8. What does Sam Panda have to say when he comes aboard the Surprise?
9. What does Shelton volunteer for and what does he tell Aubrey?
10. Describe Eduardo and what kind of relationship do he and Maturin develop?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)