|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relation is Sam Panda to Aubrey?
(a) His illegitimate son.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His grandson.
2. Who hails Pullings?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(c) His first mate.
(d) A boat of apparently drunken men.
3. How does General Hurtado feel about independence?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is totally against it.
(c) He is in favor of it.
(d) He is uncertain about it.
4. What flag does Franklin fly when approaching the ship from question #91?
5. How long has Aubrey been out on the open waters in a small boat?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) Almost a month.
(d) 2 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is done at the meeting in the Andes?
2. What makes Pullings pay closer attention to some men in a small boat?
3. How does Surprise steer her way to the Franklin?
4. What is the end result for Maturin at the meeting?
5. How does Maturin travel for three days?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Maturin react physically and intellectually to the mountains?
2. What contact of Maturin's is most valuable and why?
3. What does Gayongos say about Dutourd when he arrives for the meeting?
4. With whom does Maturin meet and why?
5. What does Aubrey attempt to do to correct what he found out about Dutourd?
6. What does Sam Panda have to say when he comes aboard the Surprise?
7. What happens when Surprise reaches port at Callao? What does Maturin do?
8. What does Aubrey hope to find as they sail to Peru and how does he find it?
9. What shape is Maturin in after the storm and how does he make it out of the mountains?
10. Who does Maturin write about his mission and what does he tell him?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)