|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of work does Sam Panda do?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a fisherman.
(c) He is a carpenter.
(d) He is a politician.
2. What is the name of the mule upon which Maturin travels out of Callao?
3. What happens to Aubrey during the taking of the prize ship?
(a) He is shot in the foot.
(b) He cracks two ribs and cuts his arm.
(c) He breaks his leg.
(d) He is shot in the head and stabbed in the thigh.
4. What flag does Franklin fly when approaching the ship from question #91?
5. What is the end result for Maturin at the meeting?
(a) He finally talks all the parties into rebellion.
(b) He gets the parties to agree to meet in a week.
(c) He has to swear to take Peruvian citizenship.
(d) His life is in danger.
6. What does Aubrey do with Alastor?
(a) It is donated to the Peruvian Navy.
(b) It is sent to England.
(c) It is sunk.
(d) It is sold.
7. What is not going to take place?
(b) The rebellion.
8. What do Maturin and Gayongos discuss?
(a) Where the best farms are located.
(b) Who needs to be assassinated.
(c) Which letters should be sent out.
(d) A wide variety of options.
9. Who will be out of town during the proposed uprising?
(a) Sam Panda.
(b) Mayor Phillip.
(c) The Viceroy.
(d) General Hurtado.
10. What does Aubrey do with the ship they have captured from question #91?
(a) Sent to port to be condemned as a prize.
(b) Tows it behind the Franklin.
(c) Takes off the crew and sinks it.
(d) Sends it away with no terms.
11. What interest does Eduardo share with Maturin?
(a) Coca leaves.
(b) Military intelligence.
(c) Political manipulation.
(d) Natural history and philosophy.
12. What is Maturin told about Vidal and Dutrourd?
(a) That Vidal plans to jump ship with Dutourd.
(b) That Vidal and Dutourd are no longer friends.
(c) That Vidal is becoming very attached to Dutroud.
(d) That Vidal is angry at Duroud.
13. What is Maturin doing in the Andes?
(a) Buying coca leaves.
(b) Meeting with the local rebellion leaders.
(c) Visiting the Abbess of the convent.
(d) Visiting a friend at the monastery.
14. What type of cargo is the ship in question #91 carrying?
(a) Silk cloth.
(b) Cannon ammunition.
(c) Whale oil.
(d) Gold doubloons.
15. Where does Maturin go when he ascends into the Andes the first time?
(a) A Benedictine Monastery.
(b) A coca farm.
(c) The home of a powerful landowner.
(d) A convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does General Hurtado feel about independence?
2. What does Pullings feel offended?
3. What is done at the meeting in the Andes?
4. What makes Pullings pay closer attention to some men in a small boat?
5. Who is considered a wanted fugitive?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)