|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin do while Surprise and Franklin are in port?
(b) Nurses the injured men.
(c) Goes ashore.
(d) Collects bird specimens.
2. How does Maturin feel about the possible success of the rebellion?
(a) Very confident.
(b) Cautiously optimistic.
3. What does Aubrey catch sight of while looking for a prize?
(a) A Spanish galleon.
(b) An American whaler.
(c) A French pirate.
(d) An American battleship.
4. What does Maturin's group detour to see?
(a) A tribe heretofore never known about.
(b) A rare species of indigent deerlike creatures.
(c) An alpine lake.
(d) A new species of gorilla.
5. What begins to develop as Aubrey sets out for the ship the Englishman told him about?
(a) A mutiny.
(b) A storm.
(d) A lunar eclipse.
6. Where has Maturin gone?
(a) Cape Town.
(b) Port au Prince.
7. What is the name of the mule upon which Maturin travels out of Callao?
8. What is getting in the way of Aubrey's plans on the Franklin?
(a) A large storm area.
(b) Vidal is not on board the vessel.
(c) His head injury.
(d) A vandal who has wrecked all the boats.
9. What nationality is Eduardo?
(b) Peruvian Indian.
10. What does Pullings do when he encounters the next prize ship?
(a) Waits for Surprise.
(b) Sets the ship on fire.
(c) Engages in a vicious boarding action.
(d) Rams the ship in the bow.
11. What does Maturin describe in his letter to his wife from Peru?
(a) The local flora and fauna.
(b) The tensions involved in his mission.
(c) Aubrey's illegitimate son.
(d) What he finds humorous about the Peruvians.
12. What is Gayongos entrusted with by the British Naval Intelligence?
(a) Assassination assignments.
(b) Funds and information.
(c) Letters to various country leaders.
13. What does Aubrey do with the ship they have captured from question #91?
(a) Sends it away with no terms.
(b) Tows it behind the Franklin.
(c) Takes off the crew and sinks it.
(d) Sent to port to be condemned as a prize.
14. What does Maturin do when when Martin comes to sick call?
(a) Ignores him.
(b) Has him arrested.
(c) Puts him to bed.
(d) Sends him to the galley for food.
15. What is one of the possibly permanent problems Martin has physically?
(a) Weak left hand.
(b) Muscle spasms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey decide to do from the Franklin?
2. How does Maturin travel for three days?
3. How much information does the Englishman have on the ship Aubrey wants to capture?
4. How does Aubrey and the other men look?
5. What interest does Eduardo share with Maturin?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)