|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Maturin describe in his letter to his wife from Peru?
(a) The tensions involved in his mission.
(b) The local flora and fauna.
(c) Aubrey's illegitimate son.
(d) What he finds humorous about the Peruvians.
2. What does Aubrey catch sight of while looking for a prize?
(a) An American battleship.
(b) A Spanish galleon.
(c) An American whaler.
(d) A French pirate.
3. What did Vidal get while Aubrey was convalescing which made him a problem later?
(a) Several pistols and ammunition.
(b) Friendly relationships with many of the crew.
(c) An unusual degree of authority and latitude.
(d) The idea of mutiny.
4. Who is the Englishman serving aboard the ship from question #91?
(a) Thomas Neville.
(b) Bradley Cunningham.
(c) Robert Petton.
(d) Edward Shelton.
5. How does the man from question #94 feel about Aubrey?
(a) He hates him.
(b) He is impressed with him.
(c) He has heard some negative things about Aubrey.
(d) He is indifferent to Aubrey.
6. What is the end result for Maturin at the meeting?
(a) He finally talks all the parties into rebellion.
(b) He gets the parties to agree to meet in a week.
(c) His life is in danger.
(d) He has to swear to take Peruvian citizenship.
7. How does General Hurtado feel about independence?
(a) He is indifferent to it.
(b) He is uncertain about it.
(c) He is totally against it.
(d) He is in favor of it.
8. Why does Hurtado decide not to participate in the rebellion?
(a) He has decided it is not the right time.
(b) He thinks it is funded by intervening foreigners.
(c) He believes it will fail.
(d) He thinks Maturin is a liar.
9. What do Maturin and Gayongos discuss?
(a) Who needs to be assassinated.
(b) A wide variety of options.
(c) Where the best farms are located.
(d) Which letters should be sent out.
10. Why is the American from question #94 not guilty of treason?
(a) He has been rejected by the British military.
(b) He has dual citizenship.
(c) He owns the ship.
(d) He joined the crew before the outbreak of war.
11. What type of work does Sam Panda do?
(a) He is a priest.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is a fisherman.
(d) He is a carpenter.
12. Who is Sam Panda?
(a) Aubrey's illegitimate son.
(b) A tribal shaman.
(c) A local guide.
(d) The second mate on the Surprise.
13. What is the ship (s) like that are nearby?
(a) Large and dangerous.
(b) Mostly merchant ships.
(c) Small communication ships.
(d) Mostly second class.
14. What type of cargo is the ship in question #91 carrying?
(a) Cannon ammunition.
(b) Whale oil.
(c) Gold doubloons.
(d) Silk cloth.
15. What happens to Surprise and Franklin as they search for their next prize ship?
(a) Nothing happens to them.
(b) They are separated.
(c) They ram the prize ship accidentally.
(d) They run into each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest does Eduardo share with Maturin?
2. What does Pullings do when he encounters the next prize ship?
3. What does Aubrey decide to do from the Franklin?
4. In what condition is Martin when Maturin checks on him later?
5. Who is Maturin's guide?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)