|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what condition is Martin when Maturin checks on him later?
(b) He is breathing very quickly.
(c) Feeling better.
(d) Almost comatose.
2. How does the crew of Surprise feel about Aubrey's treatment of Dutourd and the Franklin?
3. For whom is Aubrey making sea observations?
(a) John Newton.
(b) No one.
(c) Alexander von Humboldt.
(d) The Royal Navy.
4. What do many of Franklin's crew do about Surprise?
(a) Continue to physically fight the Surprise crew.
(b) Volunteer to serve on Surprise.
(c) Sabotage the salvage efforts.
5. How did the woman aboard the ship deal with the sexual advances of the men?
(a) She would accept money for sexual favors.
(b) She claimed rape on three different occasions.
(c) She had any man who try anything to be reprimanded by the captain.
(d) She didn't refuse them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Aubrey note after examining Franklin's papers?
2. Who is considered a wanted fugitive?
3. What does Aubrey demand of Dutourd?
4. What is done at the meeting in the Andes?
5. What does Maturin request of Aubrey in port?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)