|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the winds behaving by the end of Chapter 1?
(a) Strong, steady wind.
(b) They are coming from all four directions.
2. Where is Surprise chasing Franklin?
(a) In the West Indies.
(b) In the South Pacific.
(c) In the Pacific Northwest.
(d) Near Cape Horn.
3. What does Maturin conclude about Martin?
(a) Martin considers himself unclean with sin.
(b) Martin doesn't see any problem with smoking coca.
(c) Martin thinks he is a physician.
(d) Martin thinks he is above the law.
4. What does Pullings do when Maturin visits him on the Franklin?
(a) Talks with him over lunch.
(b) Tells him he is not welcomed aboard.
(c) Brushes him off.
(d) Gives him a thorough tour.
5. What did Aubrey make Martin do about the woman who was brought on board the ship?
(a) Take her into his cabin.
(b) Have Martin take her in one of the ship's long boats to shore.
(c) Perform a wedding ceremony between her and a crew member.
(d) Have Martin check her for diseases.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes over command of Franklin?
2. What does the British want to happen in South America?
3. What does Aubrey consider the owner of the Franklin to be on Surprise?
4. What main part of Franklin do the carpenters have to replace?
5. Who good is Aubrey at predicting Franklin's movements?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)