|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the various religious groups' men do when aboard ship?
(a) Worship as Anglicans.
(b) Each group has a lay minister.
(c) Don't worship at all.
(d) They each have a service once a month.
2. What kind of plant does Maturin wish to obtain a stock for himself?
(c) Coca leaves.
(d) Acai Berries.
3. What does Surprise find out is the source of what was thought to be mortar fire?
(a) A group of meteorites.
(b) Firebombs from a volcano.
(c) Cannon fire from a Spanish galleon.
(d) Fireworks from an island.
4. How is the barometer reacting to conditions?
(a) Falling rapidly.
(b) Going up and down.
(c) Rising rapidly.
(d) Holding steady.
5. Who had smuggled a woman aboard the Surprise a few months previous?
(b) A midshipman.
(c) One of the officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Two subjects that the religious groups from the town in question #50 are at odds about are ____________________.
2. What does Aubrey do about Franklin?
3. How did the woman aboard the ship deal with the sexual advances of the men?
4. Upon what type of navigation do the ships in this era rely?
5. What does Maturin think happened between the woman and Martin?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)