|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom is Aubrey making sea observations?
(a) Alexander von Humboldt.
(b) John Newton.
(c) No one.
(d) The Royal Navy.
2. What do the religious groups from the town in question #50 hate mutually?
(a) Imposed tithes.
(c) Sheep farms.
(d) The British government.
3. Where is Surprise chasing Franklin?
(a) In the South Pacific.
(b) In the West Indies.
(c) Near Cape Horn.
(d) In the Pacific Northwest.
4. Why does Maturin write the letter in question #59?
(a) He uses them as a diary of sorts.
(b) It helps him think.
(c) So Martin's wife will write to him.
(d) He wants his concerns on record in case somenthing happens to him.
5. What is the name of the woman who was hidden on the ship?
(a) Priscilla Newton.
(b) Maria de la Guierrilo.
(c) Victoria Rawlings.
(d) Clarissa Harvil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What floats around Surprise in the ocean?
2. What type of injury does West receive?
3. What type of religion does Dutourd find most compatible with his philosophies?
4. Who is the owner of Franklin?
5. How did the woman aboard the ship deal with the sexual advances of the men?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)