|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Surprise find out is the source of what was thought to be mortar fire?
(a) Fireworks from an island.
(b) A group of meteorites.
(c) Cannon fire from a Spanish galleon.
(d) Firebombs from a volcano.
2. What is the worst situation on Franklin?
(a) No fresh water.
(b) All the sails have holes in them from the ash.
(c) Main mast is gone.
(d) There is a large hole below the waterline.
3. Why has West left the Royal Navy?
(a) He retired.
(b) He wanted to work for himself.
(c) He is disgraced.
(d) He has on temporary assignment with Surprise.
4. What is happening between Martin and Maturin?
(a) Nothing is happening between them.
(b) They have become sworn enemies.
(c) They are having minor difficulties with each other.
(d) They have become lovers.
5. To what position is Henry Vidal promoted?
(a) Ship's mate.
(b) Second lieutenant.
(c) Ship's boatswain.
(d) Acting lieutenant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the owner of Franklin?
2. What do many of Franklin's crew do about Surprise?
3. What do the various religious groups' men do when aboard ship?
4. What does Surprise's crew do about the two ships?
5. What does Aubrey note after examining Franklin's papers?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)