|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Castro declare as to his intentions concerning the rebellion?
(a) He is completely on the side of rebellion.
(b) He is dead set against rebelling.
(c) He is indifferent to the rebellion.
(d) He will side with whomever appears to be winning.
2. What does Martin do that is noticeable to Maturin?
(a) Cries at night.
(b) Has nightmares.
(c) Starts to drink heavily.
(d) Withdraws largely from life.
3. From what town do many of the Surprise's old hands come?
(d) New Haven.
4. What happens to Aubrey during the taking of the prize ship?
(a) He is shot in the head and stabbed in the thigh.
(b) He breaks his leg.
(c) He is shot in the foot.
(d) He cracks two ribs and cuts his arm.
5. Why is the American from question #94 not guilty of treason?
(a) He joined the crew before the outbreak of war.
(b) He owns the ship.
(c) He has dual citizenship.
(d) He has been rejected by the British military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What flag does Franklin fly when approaching the ship from question #91?
2. What does Maturin describe in his letter to his wife from Peru?
3. What is the ship (s) like that are nearby?
4. Where does Maturin go when he ascends into the Andes the first time?
5. What does Aubrey catch sight of while looking for a prize?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)