|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Lt. Mamiya's.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(d) His uncle's.
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His mother.
(b) The shorter man.
(d) His sister.
3. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
(a) Remember those who fought and died.
(b) Live without regret.
(c) Forget the past.
(d) Find love.
4. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
5. Who does May Kasahara imagine she is a lot in Chapter 28?
(a) Her dead boyfriend.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
2. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
4. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
5. What surprising bit of information does Malta Kano reveal about Creta Kano in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
2. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
3. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
4. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
5. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
6. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
7. Describe Cinnamon.
8. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
9. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
10. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)