|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She never existed.
(b) She is Creta Kano.
(c) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(d) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
2. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
(b) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
(c) It probably was not her.
(d) He probably deamt it.
3. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) He can speak Russian.
(b) The Russians find him amusing.
(c) He bribes a Russian official.
(d) He is an officer.
4. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
5. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) His own.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(d) Noboru Wataya's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
2. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
3. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
4. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
5. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
2. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
3. Describe Cinnamon.
4. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
5. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
6. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
7. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
8. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
9. How does Toru Okada's opinion of his wife change over the course of the novel?
10. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)