|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) He probably deamt it.
(b) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
(c) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
(d) It probably was not her.
3. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
4. What is Kumiko planning to do in Chapter 38?
(a) Kill herself.
(b) Kill Noboru Wataya.
(c) Return to Toru.
(d) Leave Japan.
5. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
(a) He people watches in Shinjuku.
(b) He cleans the Residence.
(c) He writes May Kasahara.
(d) He tries to read more of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
2. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
3. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
4. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
5. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
2. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
3. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
4. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
5. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
6. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
7. Describe Cinnamon.
8. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
9. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
10. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)