|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
(a) The wind-up bird's call.
(c) A scream.
2. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(b) A dedicated concierge.
(c) A special parking space.
(d) A commoissioned tailor.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) He has people in his life.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) His business is successful.
(d) He has spoken to Kumiko.
4. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) At the Residence.
(b) At a bar near his house.
(c) In Shinjuku.
(d) In a dream.
5. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His mother.
(b) The shorter man.
(c) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
2. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
3. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
4. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
5. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)