|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
2. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(b) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(c) What did he cook their last night together?
(d) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
3. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(b) She misses Cinnamon.
(c) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(d) She is concerned about waining business.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His cat has returned.
(b) He has people in his life.
(c) His business is successful.
(d) He has spoken to Kumiko.
5. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(b) Made her go bad.
(c) Made her exhausted.
(d) Made her stronger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
2. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
3. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
4. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
5. What does May do the night when she feels genuinely happy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
2. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
3. What sad reality does May Kasahara admit to in Chapter 18's letter?
4. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
5. Describe Cinnamon.
6. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
7. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
8. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
9. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
10. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)