|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(b) His own.
(d) Noboru Wataya's.
2. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Shoot each other.
(b) Dig a large hole.
(c) Collect food for the soldiers.
(d) Kill the elephant.
3. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She may not understand his intonation.
(b) Someone can look in more easily.
(c) He will not know it is her.
(d) She can hang up more easily.
4. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
(a) The rope to close the latch.
(b) The rope ladder.
(c) The bat.
(d) The door to 208.
5. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He shoots him.
(b) He beats him to death.
(c) He burns him alive.
(d) He skins him alive.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
2. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
3. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
4. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
5. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
Short Essay Questions
1. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
2. Describe Cinnamon.
3. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
4. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
5. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
6. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
7. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
8. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
9. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
10. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)