|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(a) Nutmeg's husband.
(c) Nutmeg's mother.
2. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Marrying Toru.
(b) Becoming an alcholic.
(c) Leaving school.
(d) Cheating on Toru.
3. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
(a) An alley.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) His studio.
(d) Their home.
4. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) In a dream.
(b) In Shinjuku.
(c) At a bar near his house.
(d) At the Residence.
5. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
(a) Find love.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Live without regret.
(d) Remember those who fought and died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
2. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
3. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
4. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
5. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
2. That is Nutmeg's concern in Chapter 24?
3. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
4. How does May Kasahar's worldview change in Chapter 36?
5. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
6. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
7. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
8. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
9. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
10. Describe Cinnamon.
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)