|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
(a) He has a key.
(b) The door is ajar.
(c) Someone lets him in.
(d) He kicks the door in.
2. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She misses Cinnamon.
(b) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(c) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(d) She is concerned about waining business.
3. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) His wife and child.
(b) The elephants.
(c) His health.
(d) The approaching Russian army.
4. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(b) A baby.
(c) A human heart.
(d) A pile of money.
5. What is Kumiko planning to do in Chapter 38?
(a) Return to Toru.
(b) Kill herself.
(c) Leave Japan.
(d) Kill Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
2. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
3. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
5. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
2. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
3. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
4. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
5. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
6. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
7. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
8. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
9. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
10. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)