|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's uncle.
(b) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(c) Kumiko's grandfather.
(d) Kumiko's father.
2. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) Terminally ill.
(b) In hell.
(c) As a mortal enemy.
(d) In a land far away.
3. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its realtor.
(b) Its accounting firm.
(c) Its car service.
(d) Its CEO.
4. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
(b) Baseball uniforms.
(c) Civilian clothes.
(d) Dress military uniforms.
5. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
(c) The wind-up bird's call.
(d) A scream.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
2. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
3. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
4. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
5. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
2. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
3. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
4. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
5. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
6. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
7. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
8. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
9. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
10. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)