|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(a) Stock investment.
(b) Real estate.
(c) Entertainment industry.
2. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Style it.
(b) Wear it.
(c) Sign it.
(d) Burn it.
3. In Chapter 37, what has happens to Noboru Wataya in real life?
(a) He is forced to resign.
(b) He is elected to a high government post.
(c) He has a stroke.
(d) He is shot.
4. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His sister.
(b) His mother.
(d) The shorter man.
5. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
(a) He kicks the door in.
(b) He has a key.
(c) The door is ajar.
(d) Someone lets him in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
3. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
4. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
5. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
2. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
3. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
4. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
5. What sad reality does May Kasahara admit to in Chapter 18's letter?
6. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
7. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
8. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
9. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
10. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)