|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Shoot each other.
(b) Dig a large hole.
(c) Collect food for the soldiers.
(d) Kill the elephant.
2. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) If he slept with Kumiko.
(b) Whether he plans to run for office.
(c) Why he wants the hanging house.
(d) Who his real parents are.
3. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
4. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A baby.
(b) A human heart.
(c) A pile of money.
5. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She can hang up more easily.
(b) Someone can look in more easily.
(c) She may not understand his intonation.
(d) He will not know it is her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
2. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
3. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
4. In Chapter 37, what has happens to Noboru Wataya in real life?
5. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
2. What sad reality does May Kasahara admit to in Chapter 18's letter?
3. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
4. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
5. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
6. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
7. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
8. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
9. Describe Cinnamon.
10. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)