|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) At the Residence.
(b) At a bar near his house.
(c) In a dream.
(d) In Shinjuku.
2. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
3. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The loneliness.
(b) The conservative folk.
(c) The weather.
(d) The disconnection.
4. Who does May Kasahara imagine she is a lot in Chapter 28?
(b) Her dead boyfriend.
(d) A cat.
5. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
(a) 8:00 PM.
(b) 2:30 AM.
(c) 10:00 AM.
(d) 4:30 PM.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
2. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
3. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
4. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
5. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
2. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
3. That is Nutmeg's concern in Chapter 24?
4. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
5. How does Toru Okada's opinion of his wife change over the course of the novel?
6. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
7. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
8. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
9. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
10. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)