|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A siren.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A genie.
(d) A satyr.
2. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp is liberated by the Japanese.
(b) Boris arranges it.
(c) The war ends.
(d) He is traded for Russian prisoners.
3. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
4. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) In a land far away.
(b) Terminally ill.
(c) In hell.
(d) As a mortal enemy.
5. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
2. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
3. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
4. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
5. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
2. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
3. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
4. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
5. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
6. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
7. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
8. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
9. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
10. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)