|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
2. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) She was scared to get out of bed.
(b) No one liked her.
(c) She was a woman.
(d) She knew nothing about the world.
3. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
(a) His studio.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) An alley.
(d) Their home.
4. Whose computer is in the Residence?
5. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
2. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
3. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
4. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
5. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
2. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
3. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
4. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
5. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
6. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
7. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
8. What sad reality does May Kasahara admit to in Chapter 18's letter?
9. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
10. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)