|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
2. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
(a) In her dormitory.
(b) In Shinjuku.
(c) At the Residence.
(d) By the pond.
3. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
(a) She ignores them.
(b) She tries to talk to them.
(c) She mocks them.
(d) She laughs.
4. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) His wife and child.
(b) The approaching Russian army.
(c) His health.
(d) The elephants.
5. Whose computer is in the Residence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
2. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
4. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
5. How long does Mamiya assist Boris in the prison camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
2. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
3. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
4. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
5. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
6. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
7. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
8. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
9. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
10. Describe Cinnamon.
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)