|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The locals have long hair to sell.
(b) There are no unions.
(c) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(d) The women are used to detailed handwork.
2. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
(a) Live without regret.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Find love.
(d) Remember those who fought and died.
3. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
4. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(b) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(c) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(d) What did he cook their last night together?
5. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(b) A dedicated concierge.
(c) A commoissioned tailor.
(d) A special parking space.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
2. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
3. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
5. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)