|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what has happens to Noboru Wataya in real life?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He is elected to a high government post.
(c) He has a stroke.
(d) He is forced to resign.
2. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
3. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(a) Malta Kano.
(d) Her husband.
4. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) The Zoo Massacre.
5. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
(a) The door to 208.
(b) The rope ladder.
(c) The bat.
(d) The rope to close the latch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
2. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
3. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
4. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
5. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
2. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
3. How does Toru Okada's opinion of his wife change over the course of the novel?
4. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
5. What questions about The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle does Toru have in Chapter 27?
6. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
7. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
8. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
9. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
10. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)