|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toru hear as soon as he enters the hotel in Chapter 31?
(a) The faceless man.
(b) The waiter.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) Creta Kano.
2. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(b) Someone has tried to kill him,
(c) He has had a stroke.
(d) He has lost an election.
3. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
(b) It probably was not her.
(c) He probably deamt it.
(d) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
4. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
5. What is Kumiko planning to do in Chapter 38?
(a) Kill Noboru Wataya.
(b) Leave Japan.
(c) Kill herself.
(d) Return to Toru.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
2. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
3. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
4. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
5. Who does May Kasahara imagine she is a lot in Chapter 28?
Short Essay Questions
1. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
2. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
3. How does May Kasahar's worldview change in Chapter 36?
4. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
5. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
6. Describe Cinnamon.
7. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
8. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
9. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
10. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)