|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
2. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
3. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(b) Lt. Mamiya.
4. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(b) A dedicated concierge.
(c) A commoissioned tailor.
(d) A special parking space.
5. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) The Zoo Massacre.
(c) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(d) Norweigan Wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
2. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
3. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
4. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
5. What has Noboru Wataya decided about his relationship with Kumiko by the end of the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
2. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
3. Describe Cinnamon.
4. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
5. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
6. That is Nutmeg's concern in Chapter 24?
7. How does Toru overcome Noboru Wataya in Chapter 35?
8. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
9. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
10. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)