|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
(b) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
(c) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(d) Workers hate the job.
2. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
3. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
4. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) There are no unions.
(b) The locals have long hair to sell.
(c) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(d) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
5. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) Someone has tried to kill him,
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) He has lost an election.
(d) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
2. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
3. Whose computer is in the Residence?
4. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
5. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
2. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
3. How does Toru Okada's opinion of his wife change over the course of the novel?
4. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
5. Describe Cinnamon.
6. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
7. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
8. What does the tabloid in Chapter 21 determine about the dummy corporation that owns the hanging house?
9. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
10. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)