|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He uses Kumiko's key.
(b) He slips in the cat door.
(c) He picks the lock.
(d) He punches in a window.
2. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp is liberated by the Japanese.
(b) He is traded for Russian prisoners.
(c) Boris arranges it.
(d) The war ends.
3. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) Her boyfriend's laugh.
(b) Perfect silence.
(c) A storm approaching.
(d) Toru screaming for her.
4. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A kiss.
(c) The password to Cinnamon's computer.
(d) A key to Room 208.
5. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Toru Okada.
(b) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her employer in Tokyo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
2. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
3. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
4. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
2. What new offer does Ushikawa make to Toru Okada in Chapter 16?
3. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
4. How does May Kasahar's worldview change in Chapter 36?
5. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
6. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
7. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
8. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
9. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
10. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)