|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(a) Nutmeg's husband.
(c) Nutmeg's mother.
2. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
(a) He never learned how.
(b) He has no tongue.
(c) He decides not to.
(d) He has been frightened into silence.
3. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its car service.
(b) Its realtor.
(c) Its CEO.
(d) Its accounting firm.
4. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Pay him handsomely.
(b) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Get him a job in the government.
5. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Passes her by.
(c) Makes love to her.
(d) Forgives her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
2. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
3. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
4. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
5. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
Short Essay Questions
1. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
2. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
3. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
4. What sad reality does May Kasahara admit to in Chapter 18's letter?
5. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
6. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
7. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
8. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
9. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
10. How does Nutmeg's marriage end in Chapter 20?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)