|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
(b) She never existed.
(c) She is Creta Kano.
(d) She was only protecting Kumiko.
2. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(a) Entertainment industry.
(c) Stock investment.
(d) Real estate.
3. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
(a) A scream.
(c) The wind-up bird's call.
4. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(b) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
(c) Workers hate the job.
(d) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
5. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The disconnection.
(b) The loneliness.
(c) The weather.
(d) The conservative folk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
2. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
3. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
4. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
5. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does May Kasahar's worldview change in Chapter 36?
2. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
3. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
4. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
5. What circle of connections does Toru Okada uncover in Chapter 23?
6. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
7. What plan does Kumiko reveal in Chapter 17?
8. That is Nutmeg's concern in Chapter 24?
9. What plans do most women in May Kasahara's factory have?
10. What does the boy in Chapter 11 find in the bag and what does he do with it?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)