|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 37, what has happens to Noboru Wataya in real life?
(a) He is shot.
(b) He has a stroke.
(c) He is forced to resign.
(d) He is elected to a high government post.
2. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(b) Made her stronger.
(c) Made her exhausted.
(d) Made her go bad.
3. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A commoissioned tailor.
(b) A special parking space.
(c) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(d) A dedicated concierge.
4. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(d) Toru Okada.
5. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(b) Her husband.
(c) Malta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
2. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
3. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
4. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
5. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mamiya's assassination attempt on Boris in Chapter 32.
2. What does May Kasahara remember about the Myawaki's in Chapter 28?
3. How does Lieutenant Mamiya meet Boris the Manskinner for the second time?
4. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
5. Why is Toru content in Chapter 25?
6. How did Nutmeg first discover her healing powers?
7. How does Toru Okada's opinion of his wife change over the course of the novel?
8. How does May Kasahar's worldview change in Chapter 36?
9. What offer does Noboru Wataya make Toru Okada in Chapter 13?
10. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)