|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is less sure of herself.
(b) She is perpetually angry.
(c) She cannot stop crying.
(d) She is more happy than usual.
2. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five months.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(b) Playing cards on a sunny day.
(d) Going to a baseball game.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
(a) A well.
(c) Eighty million yen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
3. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
4. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
5. What does the silent young man in Chapter 4 give Toru Okada to keep him from seeing where they are going?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the Okadas estranged from the Watayas?
2. Describe Toru Okada's dream in Chapter 2.
3. What painful admission does May Kasahara make in Chapter 15?
4. How does pain return to Creta Kano's life?
5. What does Noboru Wataya want to say to Toru Okada in Chapter 3?
6. What story about a house in Koru Okada's neighborhood does his uncle tell in Chapter 10?
7. What two requests does Creta Kano make of Toru Okada in Chapter 14 and how does he respond?
8. How does May Kasahara describe her situation in Chapter 5?
9. What information does Malt Kano provide Toru Okada in their first meeting in Chapter 3?
10. What is the Clumsy Massacre of Chapter 9?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)