|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
(a) The Super.
(d) Mr. X.
2. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A beer.
(c) A bat.
(d) A box.
3. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His frantic prayers.
(b) His screams.
(c) His eye contact.
(d) His blood pooling beneath him.
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) A run on his bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
5. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Toru goes to the appointed address in Chapter 4?
2. Describe Toru Okada's dream at the end of Chapter 16?
3. Why do Koru and Kumiko Okada meet with Mr. Honda?
4. What story about a house in Koru Okada's neighborhood does his uncle tell in Chapter 10?
5. Why is Lieutenant Mamiya uncomfortable with his mission with Yanamoto?
6. How does Kumiko explain her own disappearance in her letter of Chapter 11?
7. What painful admission does May Kasahara make in Chapter 15?
8. What two requests does Creta Kano make of Toru Okada in Chapter 14 and how does he respond?
9. Describe Toru Okada's dream in Chapter 2.
10. What does Noboru Wataya want to say to Toru Okada in Chapter 3?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)