|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the silent young man in Chapter 4 give Toru Okada to keep him from seeing where they are going?
(b) A hood.
(c) A scarf.
(d) A night-mask.
2. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
3. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) It fires on sight.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 2 hours.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A war medal.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) An empty box.
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rope ladder.
(b) A harness.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A bungie cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
4. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Toru Okada choose to go into the well behind the old Miyawaki house?
2. What does the unnamed boy see in Chapter 3?
3. Why is a local tabloid so concerned with the the Miyawaki house in Chapter 7?
4. Describe Toru Okada's dream in Chapter 2.
5. What does Toru Okada discover while shaving in Chapter 12?
6. Describe Toru Okada's dream at the end of Chapter 16?
7. How does the infant Nutmeg nearly killed in the story of Chapter 9?
8. What two requests does Creta Kano make of Toru Okada in Chapter 14 and how does he respond?
9. What happens when Toru goes to the appointed address in Chapter 4?
10. What is the Clumsy Massacre of Chapter 9?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)