|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A perfect state.
(b) A dream state.
(c) A transitional state.
(d) A deluded state.
2. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
(a) On the beach.
(b) In the mountains.
(c) In the lowlands.
(d) By the woods.
3. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She lost them.
(b) She likes being naked.
(c) She wants Toru to see her body.
(d) She gave them to a homeless woman.
4. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Toru's uncle.
(b) Lieutenant Mamiya.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Creta Kano.
5. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Having too many women around him.
(b) Giving up on finding his cat.
(c) Not washing his clothes.
(d) Not showing up at work with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 16, Toru and the man with the guitar case fight with what weapon?
3. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the unnamed boy see in Chapter 3?
2. What financial decision does Toru Okada make at the beginning of Book 3?
3. What does Noboru Wataya want to say to Toru Okada in Chapter 3?
4. Why is Lieutenant Mamiya uncomfortable with his mission with Yanamoto?
5. Describe Toru Okada's dream in Chapter 2.
6. Why do Koru and Kumiko Okada meet with Mr. Honda?
7. Why does Creta Kano become a prostitute?
8. What painful admission does May Kasahara make in Chapter 15?
9. Why is a local tabloid so concerned with the the Miyawaki house in Chapter 7?
10. What strange event happens involving a bar folk singer in Chapter 7?
This section contains 938 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)