|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A ballroom.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His house.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
2. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(a) A car.
(d) A new house.
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) Omura Liquor.
(b) A business based in Osaka.
(c) His cousin Oni.
(d) His uncle.
4. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A perfect state.
(b) A transitional state.
(c) A deluded state.
(d) A dream state.
5. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
(d) Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
2. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
3. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
4. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strange event happens involving a bar folk singer in Chapter 7?
2. How is Toru implicated in an assassination attempt in Chapter 33?
3. How does Kumiko explain her own disappearance in her letter of Chapter 11?
4. What does the unnamed boy see in Chapter 3?
5. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
6. What does Toru do after Nutmeg and Cinnamon stop coming to the residence?
7. What is the Clumsy Massacre of Chapter 9?
8. Describe Cinnamon.
9. What happens to Noboru Wataya in Chapter 37?
10. How does May Kasahara describe her situation in Chapter 5?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)