|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She has PMS.
(d) She is a woman.
2. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A fighter pilot in World War II.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A mall.
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A long plank.
(b) A bungie cord.
(c) A harness.
(d) A rope ladder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
2. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
3. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
4. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
5. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what does Kumiko say about her current state of mind?
2. What two requests does Creta Kano make of Toru Okada in Chapter 14 and how does he respond?
3. How does May Kasahara express her attitude to her wigs in Chapter 15?
4. What two bits of strange information does Malta Kano provide Toru in Chapter 30?
5. What problem does Ushikawa admit with Kumiko's meeting Toru, and how does he solve it in Chapter 19?
6. What does Noboru Wataya want to say to Toru Okada in Chapter 3?
7. What war atrocity occurs in Chapter 26's story?
8. Who does M consult a healer in Chapter 12?
9. What does Toru realize about his marriage to Kumiko in Chapter 34?
10. What does the unnamed boy see in Chapter 3?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)