|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
(a) They both have a blue mark.
(b) They are both the same height.
(c) They both have been left by their wives.
(d) They both spend time in dry wells.
2. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
3. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
(a) A box.
(b) A necktie.
(c) A beer.
(d) A bat.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She went to work for her sister.
(c) She sold her family house.
(d) She won the lottery.
5. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
(a) In the lowlands.
(b) By the woods.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman do to Toru's mark in Chapter 4?
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
5. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Noboru Wataya want to say to Toru Okada in Chapter 3?
2. What financial decision does Toru Okada make at the beginning of Book 3?
3. How does Kumiko explain her own disappearance in her letter of Chapter 11?
4. How does the infant Nutmeg nearly killed in the story of Chapter 9?
5. How does pain return to Creta Kano's life?
6. How does May Kasahara describe her situation in Chapter 5?
7. Describe Nutmeg.
8. What story about a house in Koru Okada's neighborhood does his uncle tell in Chapter 10?
9. Why does Creta Kano become a prostitute?
10. Describe Kumiko and Toru Okada's first date.
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)