|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) A set of silk robes.
(b) Her father's antique katana.
(c) A car.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
2. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She tries to talk to them.
(c) She mocks them.
(d) She ignores them.
3. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
4. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her temples.
(d) Her feet.
5. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(b) A baby.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A human heart.
6. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
(a) In her dormitory.
(b) By the pond.
(c) In Shinjuku.
(d) At the Residence.
7. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) At the Residence.
(b) In a dream.
(c) At a bar near his house.
(d) In Shinjuku.
8. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Style it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Sign it.
(d) Wear it.
9. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's uncle.
(b) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(c) Kumiko's grandfather.
(d) Kumiko's father.
10. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Dirty jobs.
(b) Shadow jobs.
(c) Hands-on jobs.
(d) Odd jobs.
11. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
12. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) Perfect silence.
(b) Toru screaming for her.
(c) A storm approaching.
(d) Her boyfriend's laugh.
13. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
(a) Boris arranges it.
(b) The camp is liberated by the Japanese.
(c) He is traded for Russian prisoners.
(d) The war ends.
14. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
15. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) Male genitalia.
(b) A tail.
(c) A third breast.
(d) Cloven hooves.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
2. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
3. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
4. What does May do the night when she feels genuinely happy?
5. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)