|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Pay him handsomely.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Get him a job in the government.
(d) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
2. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Zoo Massacre.
(b) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) Kumiko's Disappearance.
3. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both had marks on their cheeks.
(b) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(c) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
(d) They both are fascinated by wells.
4. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(b) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
(c) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
(d) Workers hate the job.
5. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
(a) The cat's return.
(b) Toru's new business.
(c) Her brother's location.
(d) Her password.
6. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(c) Nutmeg's mother.
(d) Nutmeg's husband.
7. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The conservatives.
(b) The reformists.
(c) The libertarians.
(d) The labor.
8. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
9. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(a) Her husband.
(d) Malta Kano.
10. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
(a) A advertising executive.
(b) A clothing designer.
(c) A party panner.
(d) A pediatrician.
11. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
(a) Boris disarms him.
(b) He lasks the resolve.
(c) He has no bullets.
(d) His gun jams.
12. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her temples.
(d) Her hands.
13. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She can hang up more easily.
(b) Someone can look in more easily.
(c) She may not understand his intonation.
(d) He will not know it is her.
14. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She never existed.
(b) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(c) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
(d) She is Creta Kano.
15. Where on Noboru Wataya's body does Toru land a blow first?
(a) His pelvis.
(b) His skull.
(c) His shin.
(d) His collarbone,
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
3. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
4. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
5. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)