|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
2. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Her employer in Tokyo.
(b) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
(c) Toru Okada.
(d) Her parents.
3. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) A storm approaching.
(b) Toru screaming for her.
(c) Her boyfriend's laugh.
(d) Perfect silence.
4. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
5. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
(a) The wind-up bird's call.
(b) A scream.
6. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Cheating on Toru.
(b) Leaving school.
(c) Marrying Toru.
(d) Becoming an alcholic.
7. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Kill the elephant.
(b) Collect food for the soldiers.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Dig a large hole.
8. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) His own.
(b) Noboru Wataya's.
(c) Mr. Honda's.
9. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
(a) His connection to Creta Kano.
(b) His role as a healer.
(c) How much he owes on the property.
(d) His near-infidelity.
10. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
(c) The Veterinarian
11. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(a) The waiter.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) The faceless man.
12. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
13. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
14. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A siren.
(b) A satyr.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A genie.
15. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its realtor.
(b) Its accounting firm.
(c) Its car service.
(d) Its CEO.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
2. What does Cinnamon listen to on the radio while he is doing chores around the Residence in Chapter 14?
3. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
4. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
5. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)