|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its car service.
(b) Its CEO.
(c) Its accounting firm.
(d) Its realtor.
2. What surprising bit of information does Malta Kano reveal about Creta Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) She has a baby.
(b) She has left for Crete.
(c) She has died.
(d) She does not exist.
3. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
(a) He has a key.
(b) He kicks the door in.
(c) The door is ajar.
(d) Someone lets him in.
4. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He burns him alive.
(c) He shoots him.
(d) He skins him alive.
5. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her exhausted.
(b) Made her go bad.
(c) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(d) Made her stronger.
6. What has Noboru Wataya decided about his relationship with Kumiko by the end of the novel?
(a) He is through with her.
(b) He will do what ever she wants to do.
(c) He will wait for her to get out of jail.
(d) He has not made a decision.
7. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) Whether he plans to run for office.
(b) If he slept with Kumiko.
(c) Why he wants the hanging house.
(d) Who his real parents are.
8. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
9. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(b) She never existed.
(c) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
(d) She is Creta Kano.
10. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
11. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's grandfather.
(b) Kumiko's uncle.
(c) Kumiko's father.
(d) Kumiko's youngest brother.
12. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A human heart.
(c) A baby.
(d) A pile of money.
13. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
14. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(b) There are no unions.
(c) The locals have long hair to sell.
(d) The women are used to detailed handwork.
15. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(b) Lt. Mamiya's.
(d) His uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
2. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
3. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
4. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
5. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)