|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
(a) Toru's bedroom.
(b) The sky.
(c) The alley.
(d) Cinnamon's office.
2. What has Noboru Wataya decided about his relationship with Kumiko by the end of the novel?
(a) He will do what ever she wants to do.
(b) He will wait for her to get out of jail.
(c) He is through with her.
(d) He has not made a decision.
3. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
(a) He has been frightened into silence.
(b) He never learned how.
(c) He decides not to.
(d) He has no tongue.
4. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) He is an officer.
(b) He bribes a Russian official.
(c) He can speak Russian.
(d) The Russians find him amusing.
5. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
(b) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(c) She is Creta Kano.
(d) She never existed.
6. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(b) What did he cook their last night together?
(c) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(d) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
7. In Chapter 37, what has happens to Noboru Wataya in real life?
(a) He is elected to a high government post.
(b) He is forced to resign.
(c) He has a stroke.
(d) He is shot.
8. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) It probably was not her.
(b) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
(c) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
(d) He probably deamt it.
9. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
(a) 2:30 AM.
(b) 10:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 4:30 PM.
10. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) A set of silk robes.
(b) A car.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) Her father's antique katana.
11. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(b) Nutmeg's mother.
(c) Nutmeg's husband.
12. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The locals have long hair to sell.
(b) There are no unions.
(c) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(d) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
13. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
(a) A pediatrician.
(b) A advertising executive.
(c) A party panner.
(d) A clothing designer.
14. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
15. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(b) Lt. Mamiya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
2. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
3. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
4. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
5. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)