|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(b) The waiter.
(c) Malta Kano.
(d) The faceless man.
2. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(b) What did he cook their last night together?
(c) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(d) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
3. What does Cinnamon listen to on the radio while he is doing chores around the Residence in Chapter 14?
(a) Country and western.
(b) Talk radio.
(c) Classic rock.
(d) Classic music.
4. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(b) A human heart.
(c) A pile of money.
(d) A baby.
5. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
(a) In a dream.
(b) At a bar near his house.
(c) In Shinjuku.
(d) At the Residence.
6. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both had marks on their cheeks.
(b) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(c) They both are fascinated by wells.
(d) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
7. Whose computer is in the Residence?
8. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) His health.
(b) The approaching Russian army.
(c) The elephants.
(d) His wife and child.
9. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) A piece of jewelry.
(b) A set of silk robes.
(c) A car.
(d) Her father's antique katana.
10. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The weather.
(b) The disconnection.
(c) The conservative folk.
(d) The loneliness.
11. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She never existed.
(b) She is Creta Kano.
(c) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(d) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
12. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its realtor.
(b) Its accounting firm.
(c) Its CEO.
(d) Its car service.
13. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She may not understand his intonation.
(b) She can hang up more easily.
(c) He will not know it is her.
(d) Someone can look in more easily.
14. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
(a) Boris disarms him.
(b) He lasks the resolve.
(c) His gun jams.
(d) He has no bullets.
15. Where on Noboru Wataya's body does Toru land a blow first?
(a) His skull.
(b) His collarbone,
(c) His pelvis.
(d) His shin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
2. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
3. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
4. How long does Mamiya assist Boris in the prison camp?
5. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)