|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Shadow jobs.
(b) Hands-on jobs.
(c) Odd jobs.
(d) Dirty jobs.
2. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(b) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(c) The locals have long hair to sell.
(d) There are no unions.
3. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The disconnection.
(b) The weather.
(c) The conservative folk.
(d) The loneliness.
4. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) In a land far away.
(b) As a mortal enemy.
(c) Terminally ill.
(d) In hell.
5. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Zoo Massacre.
(b) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) Kumiko's Disappearance.
6. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(c) His uncle's.
(d) Lt. Mamiya's.
7. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(a) Entertainment industry.
(b) Stock investment.
(c) Real estate.
8. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
9. What does Cinnamon listen to on the radio while he is doing chores around the Residence in Chapter 14?
(a) Classic rock.
(b) Classic music.
(c) Talk radio.
(d) Country and western.
10. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The labor.
(b) The conservatives.
(c) The libertarians.
(d) The reformists.
11. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
(a) At the Residence.
(b) In her dormitory.
(c) In Shinjuku.
(d) By the pond.
12. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) No one liked her.
(b) She was a woman.
(c) She knew nothing about the world.
(d) She was scared to get out of bed.
13. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her go bad.
(b) Made her exhausted.
(c) Made her stronger.
(d) Made her understand why she married Toru.
14. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) A third breast.
(b) Cloven hooves.
(c) Male genitalia.
(d) A tail.
15. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(b) Pay him handsomely.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Get him a job in the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
2. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
3. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
4. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
5. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)