|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A dedicated concierge.
(b) A special parking space.
(c) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(d) A commoissioned tailor.
2. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A confessional.
(c) A fitting room.
(d) A doctor's office.
3. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
(a) He lasks the resolve.
(b) Boris disarms him.
(c) He has no bullets.
(d) His gun jams.
4. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) He is an officer.
(b) The Russians find him amusing.
(c) He can speak Russian.
(d) He bribes a Russian official.
5. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Collect food for the soldiers.
(b) Kill the elephant.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Dig a large hole.
6. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) The shorter man.
(b) His sister.
(d) His mother.
7. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She misses Cinnamon.
(b) She is concerned about waining business.
(c) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(d) She is tired is having nothing to do.
8. Where are Toru and May Kasahara as they talk in Chapter 39?
(a) At the Residence.
(b) In Shinjuku.
(c) By the pond.
(d) In her dormitory.
9. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(b) Kumiko's father.
(c) Kumiko's uncle.
(d) Kumiko's grandfather.
10. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
11. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
(a) The rope ladder.
(b) The door to 208.
(c) The rope to close the latch.
(d) The bat.
12. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Zoo Massacre.
(b) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(c) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(d) Norweigan Wood.
13. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(b) She is Creta Kano.
(c) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
(d) She never existed.
14. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
15. Who does May Kasahara imagine she is a lot in Chapter 28?
(b) A cat.
(d) Her dead boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
2. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
3. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
4. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
5. How long does Mamiya assist Boris in the prison camp?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)