|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(a) Lt. Mamiya.
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) The shorter man.
3. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
(a) They should permanently close.
(b) They should cease seeing customers temporarily.
(c) They should expand to a second location.
(d) They should fire Toru Okada,
4. Whose computer is in the Residence?
5. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
6. What is missing from the bottom of the well in Chapter 31?
(a) The rope ladder.
(b) The door to 208.
(c) The rope to close the latch.
(d) The bat.
7. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
8. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He skins him alive.
(d) He burns him alive.
9. Who does Toru hear as soon as he enters the hotel in Chapter 31?
(a) The waiter.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) The faceless man.
(d) Creta Kano.
10. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(b) A special parking space.
(c) A commoissioned tailor.
(d) A dedicated concierge.
11. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(c) Lt. Mamiya's.
(d) His uncle's.
12. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
(a) The cat's return.
(b) Toru's new business.
(c) Her password.
(d) Her brother's location.
13. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) The Zoo Massacre.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) Kumiko's Disappearance.
14. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Toru Okada.
(b) Her employer in Tokyo.
(c) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
(d) Her parents.
15. What does May do the night when she feels genuinely happy?
(a) She goes for a swim.
(b) She takes off her clothes.
(c) She wuits her job.
(d) She sings to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
2. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
3. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
4. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
5. What is Kumiko planning to do in Chapter 38?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)