|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's uncle.
(b) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(c) Kumiko's grandfather.
(d) Kumiko's father.
2. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He beats him to death.
(b) He burns him alive.
(c) He skins him alive.
(d) He shoots him.
3. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) He probably deamt it.
(b) It probably was not her.
(c) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
(d) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
4. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) As a mortal enemy.
(b) In a land far away.
(c) Terminally ill.
(d) In hell.
5. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) A third breast.
(b) Male genitalia.
(c) A tail.
(d) Cloven hooves.
6. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
(a) Toru's new business.
(b) Her password.
(c) Her brother's location.
(d) The cat's return.
7. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) He has had a stroke.
(b) He has lost an election.
(c) Someone has tried to kill him,
(d) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
8. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The reformists.
(b) The libertarians.
(c) The conservatives.
(d) The labor.
9. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) He bribes a Russian official.
(b) He is an officer.
(c) He can speak Russian.
(d) The Russians find him amusing.
10. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) She was a woman.
(b) She knew nothing about the world.
(c) She was scared to get out of bed.
(d) No one liked her.
11. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His cat has returned.
(b) His business is successful.
(c) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(d) He has people in his life.
12. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Get him a job in the government.
(b) Pay him handsomely.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
13. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(b) Real estate.
(c) Entertainment industry.
(d) Stock investment.
14. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The disconnection.
(b) The weather.
(c) The loneliness.
(d) The conservative folk.
15. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
2. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
5. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)