|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
2. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A fitting room.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) A confessional.
3. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(b) His own.
(c) Noboru Wataya's.
4. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
(a) Passes her by.
(b) Kills her.
(c) Makes love to her.
(d) Forgives her.
5. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A genie.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A satyr.
(d) A siren.
6. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(b) What did he cook their last night together?
(c) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(d) What do they call the bird outside their window?
7. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
8. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her exhausted.
(b) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(c) Made her stronger.
(d) Made her go bad.
9. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) He has lost an election.
(b) He has had a stroke.
(c) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(d) Someone has tried to kill him,
10. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
(a) His role as a healer.
(b) His near-infidelity.
(c) His connection to Creta Kano.
(d) How much he owes on the property.
11. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) A third breast.
(b) Male genitalia.
(c) Cloven hooves.
(d) A tail.
12. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He punches in a window.
(b) He picks the lock.
(c) He uses Kumiko's key.
(d) He slips in the cat door.
13. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Marrying Toru.
(b) Becoming an alcholic.
(c) Cheating on Toru.
(d) Leaving school.
14. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
15. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
(a) Someone lets him in.
(b) The door is ajar.
(c) He kicks the door in.
(d) He has a key.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
2. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
4. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
5. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)