|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its CEO.
(b) Its realtor.
(c) Its accounting firm.
(d) Its car service.
2. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
(a) They should cease seeing customers temporarily.
(b) They should permanently close.
(c) They should expand to a second location.
(d) They should fire Toru Okada,
3. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
(a) Civilian clothes.
(b) Dress military uniforms.
(c) Baseball uniforms.
4. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(b) Toru Okada.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) He has people in his life.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(d) His business is successful.
6. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) The elephants.
(b) His health.
(c) His wife and child.
(d) The approaching Russian army.
7. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A satyr.
(b) A dragon.
(c) A genie.
(d) A siren.
8. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
9. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
10. Why is Mamiya initially unable to shoot Boris in Chapter 32?
(a) His gun jams.
(b) He has no bullets.
(c) Boris disarms him.
(d) He lasks the resolve.
11. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
(a) Their home.
(b) A hotel room.
(c) His studio.
(d) An alley.
12. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(b) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(c) The locals have long hair to sell.
(d) There are no unions.
13. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Style it.
(b) Sign it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Wear it.
14. What has Noboru Wataya decided about his relationship with Kumiko by the end of the novel?
(a) He will wait for her to get out of jail.
(b) He will do what ever she wants to do.
(c) He has not made a decision.
(d) He is through with her.
15. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She can hang up more easily.
(b) He will not know it is her.
(c) Someone can look in more easily.
(d) She may not understand his intonation.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
2. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
3. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
4. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
5. Where on Noboru Wataya's body does Toru land a blow first?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)