|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her hands.
(b) Her temples.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her feet.
2. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
3. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) A storm approaching.
(b) Her boyfriend's laugh.
(c) Perfect silence.
(d) Toru screaming for her.
4. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Her employer in Tokyo.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Toru Okada.
(d) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
5. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) He has lost an election.
(b) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(c) Someone has tried to kill him,
(d) He has had a stroke.
6. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
7. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
8. Who rescues Toru from the well in Chapter 37?
9. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) She was a woman.
(b) No one liked her.
(c) She knew nothing about the world.
(d) She was scared to get out of bed.
10. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Becoming an alcholic.
(b) Marrying Toru.
(c) Cheating on Toru.
(d) Leaving school.
11. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(b) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(c) Norweigan Wood.
(d) The Zoo Massacre.
12. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both are fascinated by wells.
(b) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(c) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
(d) They both had marks on their cheeks.
13. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
(a) Live without regret.
(b) Remember those who fought and died.
(c) Forget the past.
(d) Find love.
14. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
(a) She never existed.
(b) She is Creta Kano.
(c) She was only protecting Kumiko.
(d) She was defiled by Noboru Wataya.
15. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She is concerned about waining business.
(b) She misses Cinnamon.
(c) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(d) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
2. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
3. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
4. What surprising bit of information does Malta Kano reveal about Creta Kano in Chapter 30?
5. Where does Toru meet Malto Kano in Chapter 30?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)