|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) If he slept with Kumiko.
(b) Who his real parents are.
(c) Whether he plans to run for office.
(d) Why he wants the hanging house.
2. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
(a) Cinnamon's office.
(b) The alley.
(c) Toru's bedroom.
(d) The sky.
3. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) Her father's antique katana.
(b) A set of silk robes.
(c) A car.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
4. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(a) The waiter.
(b) Malta Kano.
(c) The faceless man.
5. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(b) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(c) The locals have long hair to sell.
(d) There are no unions.
6. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Cheating on Toru.
(b) Becoming an alcholic.
(c) Marrying Toru.
(d) Leaving school.
7. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(d) Lt. Mamiya.
8. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) As a mortal enemy.
(b) In a land far away.
(c) Terminally ill.
(d) In hell.
9. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) The Russians find him amusing.
(b) He is an officer.
(c) He can speak Russian.
(d) He bribes a Russian official.
10. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
11. What information has Kumiko just received in Chapter 38?
(a) Her password.
(b) The cat's return.
(c) Her brother's location.
(d) Toru's new business.
12. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A human heart.
(b) A baby.
(d) A pile of money.
13. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Lt. Mamiya's.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(d) His uncle's.
14. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(b) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(c) She is concerned about waining business.
(d) She misses Cinnamon.
15. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
2. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
3. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
4. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
5. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)