|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) Terminally ill.
(b) As a mortal enemy.
(c) In a land far away.
(d) In hell.
2. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her feet.
(b) Her heart.
(c) Her hands.
(d) Her temples.
3. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
(a) They should permanently close.
(b) They should expand to a second location.
(c) They should fire Toru Okada,
(d) They should cease seeing customers temporarily.
4. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) Someone has tried to kill him,
(b) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(c) He has had a stroke.
(d) He has lost an election.
5. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) The approaching Russian army.
(b) His health.
(c) The elephants.
(d) His wife and child.
6. How long does Mamiya assist Boris in the prison camp?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Half a year.
(d) A year and a half.
7. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(b) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
(c) Workers hate the job.
(d) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
8. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A satyr.
(b) A siren.
(c) A dragon.
(d) A genie.
9. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
(a) A party panner.
(b) A clothing designer.
(c) A pediatrician.
(d) A advertising executive.
10. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
(a) The password to Cinnamon's computer.
(b) A kiss.
(c) A key to Room 208.
(d) A baseball bat.
11. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(a) Nutmeg's husband.
(d) Nutmeg's mother.
12. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
(a) Kills her.
(b) Makes love to her.
(c) Passes her by.
(d) Forgives her.
13. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Toru Okada.
(b) Her employer in Tokyo.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
14. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A human heart.
(d) A baby.
15. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) Male genitalia.
(b) A third breast.
(c) A tail.
(d) Cloven hooves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does May Kasahara imagine she is a lot in Chapter 28?
2. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
3. What does Cinnamon listen to on the radio while he is doing chores around the Residence in Chapter 14?
4. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
5. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)