|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
(a) A confessional.
(b) A doctor's office.
(c) A fitting room.
(d) A jail cell.
2. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
3. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
(a) Cinnamon's office.
(b) The sky.
(c) The alley.
(d) Toru's bedroom.
4. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A key to Room 208.
(c) The password to Cinnamon's computer.
(d) A kiss.
5. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
(a) She laughs.
(b) She tries to talk to them.
(c) She ignores them.
(d) She mocks them.
6. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Style it.
(c) Sign it.
(d) Wear it.
7. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Noboru Wataya's.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(c) His own.
8. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) A third breast.
(b) A tail.
(c) Cloven hooves.
(d) Male genitalia.
9. What is the title of the document Toru finds in the computer at the end of Chapter 25?
(a) The Zoo Massacre.
(b) The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(c) Kumiko's Disappearance.
(d) Norweigan Wood.
10. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
11. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) He has lost an election.
(b) Someone has tried to kill him,
(c) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(d) He has had a stroke.
12. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
(a) A hotel room.
(b) An alley.
(c) His studio.
(d) Their home.
13. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A pile of money.
(c) A baby.
(d) A human heart.
14. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(a) Malta Kano.
(c) Her husband.
15. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
(c) The Veterinarian
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
2. What does Toru do in the dreams Kumiko regularly has?
3. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
4. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
5. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)