|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(b) Lt. Mamiya's.
(d) His uncle's.
2. What has happened to Noboru Wataya in the realm of the hotel in Chapter 33?
(a) Someone has tried to kill him,
(b) He has lost an election.
(c) Kumiko has revealed his secret.
(d) He has had a stroke.
3. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Sign it.
(b) Style it.
(c) Wear it.
(d) Burn it.
4. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(b) The waiter.
(c) The faceless man.
(d) Malta Kano.
5. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) Noboru Wataya's.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(d) His own.
6. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
(a) Baseball uniforms.
(c) Civilian clothes.
(d) Dress military uniforms.
7. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
8. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 months.
9. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
(a) He probably deamt it.
(b) It will likely be the last time he talks to her.
(c) It probably was not her.
(d) Cinnamon probably monitored it.
10. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's uncle.
(b) Kumiko's father.
(c) Kumiko's grandfather.
(d) Kumiko's youngest brother.
11. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
(a) They should permanently close.
(b) They should fire Toru Okada,
(c) They should expand to a second location.
(d) They should cease seeing customers temporarily.
12. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The reformists.
(b) The conservatives.
(c) The labor.
(d) The libertarians.
13. In Chapter 38, what choice of hers does Kumiko blame on her brother's sins?
(a) Becoming an alcholic.
(b) Cheating on Toru.
(c) Marrying Toru.
(d) Leaving school.
14. What does May do the night when she feels genuinely happy?
(a) She goes for a swim.
(b) She wuits her job.
(c) She takes off her clothes.
(d) She sings to herself.
15. Whose computer is in the Residence?
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising bit of information does Malta Kano reveal about Creta Kano in Chapter 30?
2. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
4. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
5. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)