|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His business is successful.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has people in his life.
(d) He has spoken to Kumiko.
2. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 weeks.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 2 months.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(c) Get him a job in the government.
(d) Pay him handsomely.
4. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
(a) A storm approaching.
(b) Her boyfriend's laugh.
(c) Toru screaming for her.
(d) Perfect silence.
5. In Chapter 15, what does May Kasahara wish she could do with every wig she makes?
(a) Style it.
(b) Wear it.
(c) Burn it.
(d) Sign it.
6. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
(a) A doctor's office.
(b) A confessional.
(c) A jail cell.
(d) A fitting room.
7. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(a) Real estate.
(c) Entertainment industry.
(d) Stock investment.
8. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
(a) He bribes a Russian official.
(b) He is an officer.
(c) The Russians find him amusing.
(d) He can speak Russian.
9. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) She knew nothing about the world.
(b) She was scared to get out of bed.
(c) She was a woman.
(d) No one liked her.
10. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A human heart.
(b) A pile of money.
(c) A baby.
11. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
(a) He kicks the door in.
(b) The door is ajar.
(c) Someone lets him in.
(d) He has a key.
12. What strange part of her anatomy does Malto Kano reveal in Chapter 30?
(a) A third breast.
(b) Cloven hooves.
(c) Male genitalia.
(d) A tail.
13. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
(a) She misses Cinnamon.
(b) She wants to know about Noboru Wataya.
(c) She is tired is having nothing to do.
(d) She is concerned about waining business.
14. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(a) Lt. Mamiya.
15. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(a) The faceless man.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) The waiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
2. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
3. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
4. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
5. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)