Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The locals have long hair to sell.
(b) There are no unions.
(c) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
(d) The women are used to detailed handwork.
2. What advise does Mamiya leave Toru with in Chapter 32?
(a) Live without regret.
(b) Forget the past.
(c) Find love.
(d) Remember those who fought and died.
3. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
4. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(b) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(c) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(d) What did he cook their last night together?
5. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(b) A dedicated concierge.
(c) A commoissioned tailor.
(d) A special parking space.
6. In Chapter 20, to whom does the job of public relations for Nutmeg's fashion company fall?
(a) Nutmeg's husband.
(d) Nutmeg's mother.
7. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Kill the elephant.
(b) Dig a large hole.
(c) Shoot each other.
(d) Collect food for the soldiers.
8. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
(b) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
(c) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(d) Workers hate the job.
9. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(b) Get him a job in the government.
(c) Pay him handsomely.
(d) Leave him alone.
10. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(a) Stock investment.
(b) Entertainment industry.
(c) Real estate.
11. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her stronger.
(b) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(c) Made her exhausted.
(d) Made her go bad.
12. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His mother.
(b) The shorter man.
(c) His sister.
13. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
14. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
(a) The Veterinarian
15. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
(a) His connection to Creta Kano.
(b) His role as a healer.
(c) His near-infidelity.
(d) How much he owes on the property.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
2. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
3. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
4. Where is Nutmeg's husband murdered?
5. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)