|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
(a) There are street lamps illuminating the area.
(b) It is a full moon.
(c) The figures are glowing.
(d) He can see in the dark.
2. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) Malta asked her to.
(b) She intends to blackmail him.
(c) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(d) She felt sorry for him.
3. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
(a) The deed to the Miyawki house.
(c) Kumiko's wedding ring.
(d) A photo of him in Creta Kano.
4. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
(a) They both have been left by their wives.
(b) They both spend time in dry wells.
(c) They are both the same height.
(d) They both have a blue mark.
5. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(b) A mutual friend.
(c) A man from her work.
(d) A man she met on the street.
6. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) A run on his bank.
7. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
8. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) Toru's uncle.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Lieutenant Mamiya.
9. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(a) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
(c) A Russian soldier.
10. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(d) French toast.
11. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A war medal.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) A pair of spectacles.
(d) An empty box.
12. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should become a public defender.
(c) He should ask for a raise.
(d) He should start showing up late to work.
13. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A job.
(c) A new house.
(d) His cat.
14. In Chapter 16, Toru and the man with the guitar case fight with what weapon?
(a) A bicycle chain.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
15. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) His uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
4. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
5. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)