Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She has PMS.
(d) She is a woman.
2. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A fighter pilot in World War II.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A mall.
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A long plank.
(b) A bungie cord.
(c) A harness.
(d) A rope ladder.
6. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The light.
(b) The damp.
(c) The silence.
(d) The solitude.
7. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He has a package for Toru.
(b) He has been asking for Toru.
(c) He knows the neighborhood.
(d) They were friends in school.
8. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Baked Chicken.
9. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru quit his job.
(b) After Kumiko's sister died.
(c) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(d) After Koru had a fight with her father.
10. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should become a public defender.
(b) He should ask for a raise.
(c) He should quit law.
(d) He should start showing up late to work.
11. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
12. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A job.
(c) A new house.
(d) His cat.
13. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
14. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(b) Scrambled eggs.
(c) French toast.
15. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) A run on his bank.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) Opening a failed restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
2. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
3. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
4. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)