|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
2. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) His house.
(c) A ballroom.
(d) A hotel.
3. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
4. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is less sure of herself.
(b) She is perpetually angry.
(c) She is more happy than usual.
(d) She cannot stop crying.
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) His rope ladder.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(d) A blank check.
6. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
7. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(b) After Kumiko's sister died.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
8. What is the only piece of information printed on the card that the woman gives Toru in Chapter 2?
(a) A name.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A title.
(d) An address.
9. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He almost cheats on her.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) She gives no reason.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
10. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She has PMS.
(c) She had a bad day at work.
(d) She thinks he is a failure.
11. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The 1960's
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The early 1980's.
(d) The 1920's.
12. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(b) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(c) The Okadas' missing cat.
(d) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
13. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Sample water.
(b) Make psychic house calls.
(c) Attend conferences.
(d) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
14. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Having too many women around him.
(b) Giving up on finding his cat.
(c) Not washing his clothes.
(d) Not showing up at work with her.
15. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
(b) Lt. Mamiya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
2. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
4. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
5. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)