|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
(a) A baseball bat.
(b) A key to Room 208.
(c) The password to Cinnamon's computer.
(d) A kiss.
2. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He uses Kumiko's key.
(b) He slips in the cat door.
(c) He punches in a window.
(d) He picks the lock.
3. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(b) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(c) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(d) What did he cook their last night together?
4. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
(a) A box.
(b) A necktie.
(c) A bat.
(d) A beer.
5. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
(a) Kumiko's wedding ring.
(b) The deed to the Miyawki house.
(d) A photo of him in Creta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
2. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
4. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)