|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Hands-on jobs.
(b) Shadow jobs.
(c) Odd jobs.
(d) Dirty jobs.
2. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
(a) A pile of money.
(b) A baby.
(c) A human heart.
3. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
4. Who does Toru hear as soon as he enters the hotel in Chapter 31?
(a) The faceless man.
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) The waiter.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
5. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) Her father's antique katana.
(b) A set of silk robes.
(c) A piece of jewelry.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
2. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
4. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
5. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)