|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Collect food for the soldiers.
(b) Shoot each other.
(c) Dig a large hole.
(d) Kill the elephant.
2. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
(a) He people watches in Shinjuku.
(b) He cleans the Residence.
(c) He tries to read more of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(d) He writes May Kasahara.
3. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
(a) On the beach.
(b) By the woods.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) In the lowlands.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) An empty box.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A bayonet.
5. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
2. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
3. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
4. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
5. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)