|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who acted as May Kasahara's sponsor in securing her the factory job?
(a) Her employer in Tokyo.
(b) The parents of her dead boyfriend.
(c) Toru Okada.
(d) Her parents.
2. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(b) Malta Kano.
(c) Toru's uncle.
(d) May Kasahara.
3. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
4. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A siren.
(c) A satyr.
(d) A genie.
5. In Chapter 16, Toru and the man with the guitar case fight with what weapon?
(a) A gun.
(b) A knife.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A bicycle chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
2. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
3. How does Toru get into Room 208 in Chapter 35?
4. What does Toru realizes about Kumiko's sister in Chapter 34?
5. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)