|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(b) A new house.
(c) A car.
2. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The weather.
(b) The conservative folk.
(c) The disconnection.
(d) The loneliness.
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He breaks a family heirloom.
(d) She gives no reason.
4. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(b) French toast.
(d) Scrambled eggs.
5. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
2. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
3. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
4. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
5. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)