|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She went to work for her sister.
(c) She sold her family house.
(d) She won the lottery.
2. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
3. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
(b) Black cars.
(d) Construction workers.
4. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Three years.
5. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
(b) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(c) He has lived a full life.
(d) His life is an empty shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
2. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
3. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
4. Whose computer is in the Residence?
5. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)