|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Giving up on finding his cat.
(b) Not showing up at work with her.
(c) Having too many women around him.
(d) Not washing his clothes.
2. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) Mr. Honda.
(d) Toru himself.
3. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both are fascinated by wells.
(b) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(c) They both had marks on their cheeks.
(d) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
4. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
(a) In the lowlands.
(b) By the woods.
(c) On the beach.
(d) In the mountains.
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) The mysterious woman.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells the story of the massacre in Chapter 9?
2. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
3. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
4. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
5. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)