|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) Who his real parents are.
(b) Why he wants the hanging house.
(c) Whether he plans to run for office.
(d) If he slept with Kumiko.
2. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both are fascinated by wells.
(b) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(c) They both had marks on their cheeks.
(d) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
3. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
(a) The war ends.
(b) He is traded for Russian prisoners.
(c) Boris arranges it.
(d) The camp is liberated by the Japanese.
4. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
5. Whose words does Toru remember after killing Noboru Wataya in Room 208?
(a) Mr. Honda's.
(b) Lt. Mamiya's.
(c) His uncle's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word do May's parents have to explain to her regarding the Miyawakis in Chapter 28?
2. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
3. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
4. What does the woman do to Toru's mark in Chapter 4?
5. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)