|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose voice does Toru Okada hear at the beginning of Chapter 34?
(a) His own.
(b) Mr. Honda's.
(c) Noboru Wataya's.
2. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) His life is an empty shell.
(b) He has lived a full life.
(c) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
3. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His screams.
(b) His frantic prayers.
(c) His blood pooling beneath him.
(d) His eye contact.
4. How does May Kasahara respond to the duck people in Chapter 36?
(a) She mocks them.
(b) She tries to talk to them.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She ignores them.
5. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(b) Her husband.
(d) Malta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
4. Who does Nutmeg suspect is the source of the tabloid stories?
5. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)