|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Stir fry.
(b) Hot oatmeal.
(c) Baked Chicken.
2. Who warns Toru that his life is in danger in Chapter 33?
(b) Malta Kano.
(c) The faceless man.
(d) The waiter.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) His business is successful.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(d) He has people in his life.
4. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
5. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She ran him over with a car.
(b) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
(c) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(d) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
2. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
5. Who does Toru hear as soon as he enters the hotel in Chapter 31?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)