|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(b) Her check-book.
(d) Their wedding album.
4. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
(c) Noboru Wataya.
5. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He pees in the woods.
(b) He digs a hole.
(c) He kills the taller man.
(d) He climbs a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. From where is the sound of sleigh bells coming in Chapter 25?
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
5. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)