|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
(c) The Veterinarian
2. At the end of Chapter 15, May says that what about her new home sometimes overwhelms her?
(a) The weather.
(b) The conservative folk.
(c) The loneliness.
(d) The disconnection.
3. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A polka dot tie.
(b) White shoes.
(c) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(d) A pink dress shirt.
4. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
(d) Computer chips.
5. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He has been asking for Toru.
(b) He has a package for Toru.
(c) He knows the neighborhood.
(d) They were friends in school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
2. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
3. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
4. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
5. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)