|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(b) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(c) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
(d) The Okadas' missing cat.
2. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
(a) His role as a healer.
(b) His near-infidelity.
(c) How much he owes on the property.
(d) His connection to Creta Kano.
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(b) Their wedding album.
(c) Her check-book.
4. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A dedicated concierge.
(b) A commoissioned tailor.
(c) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(d) A special parking space.
5. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He almost cheats on her.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He breaks a family heirloom.
(d) She gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
2. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
3. Why is Mamiya given more access to the Russian camp than most Japanese prisoners in his Chapter 30 letter?
4. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
5. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)