|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at church.
(b) They are running errands.
(c) They are at their summer home.
(d) They are moving their things to an apartment.
2. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
3. What does May do the night when she feels genuinely happy?
(a) She takes off her clothes.
(b) She wuits her job.
(c) She sings to herself.
(d) She goes for a swim.
4. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
(a) They both have been left by their wives.
(b) They are both the same height.
(c) They both have a blue mark.
(d) They both spend time in dry wells.
5. According to Toru in Chapter 23, how are Cinnamon's grandfather and Lt. Mamiya connected?
(a) They both were on Yanamoto's mission.
(b) They both are fascinated by wells.
(c) They were both once in the city of Hsin-ching.
(d) They both had marks on their cheeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
2. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
3. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
4. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
5. Whose computer is in the Residence?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)