|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Fight to the death.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(c) Playing cards on a sunny day.
(d) Going to a baseball game.
3. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He skins him alive.
(b) He beats him to death.
(c) He burns him alive.
(d) He shoots him.
4. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
(a) A dragon.
(b) A siren.
(c) A genie.
(d) A satyr.
5. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
3. What sound awakens Toru at the end of Chapter 37?
4. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
5. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)