|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mamiya eventually released from the prison camp in Chapter 32?
(a) The camp is liberated by the Japanese.
(b) He is traded for Russian prisoners.
(c) The war ends.
(d) Boris arranges it.
2. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
(a) A party panner.
(b) A advertising executive.
(c) A pediatrician.
(d) A clothing designer.
3. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A commoissioned tailor.
(b) A special parking space.
(c) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(d) A dedicated concierge.
4. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) She gives no reason.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
5. Why is turnover in May Kasahara's wig factory such an issue?
(a) Workers hate the job.
(b) Girls are constantly leaving to get married.
(c) Many are fired for stealing hair.
(d) Fumes from the adhesive cause health problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
2. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
3. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
4. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
5. What does the mysterious woman give Toru in Chapter 34?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)