|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, Toru and the man with the guitar case fight with what weapon?
(a) A knife.
(b) A baseball bat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A bicycle chain.
2. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A letter.
(b) An article.
(c) A research paper.
(d) A journal.
3. What company purchase at a local high-end hotel is mentioned with particular gravity in Chapter 21?
(a) A dedicated concierge.
(b) A special parking space.
(c) A full-floor suite of rooms.
(d) A commoissioned tailor.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A bad stock deal.
5. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
(a) The Veterinarian
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
3. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
4. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
5. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)