|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What did he cook their last night together?
(b) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(c) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(d) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) He has people in his life.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(d) His business is successful.
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
(a) 4:30 PM.
(b) 10:00 AM.
(c) 8:00 PM.
(d) 2:30 AM.
4. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(b) May Kasahara.
(c) The mysterious woman.
(d) Malta Kano.
5. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Baked Chicken.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does the boy find in the buried bag?
2. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
3. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
4. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
5. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)