|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(c) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He almost cheats on her.
(b) He breaks a family heirloom.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) She gives no reason.
3. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rope ladder.
(b) A harness.
(c) A bungie cord.
(d) A long plank.
4. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What did he cook their last night together?
(b) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(c) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
(d) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
5. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She lost them.
(b) She gave them to a homeless woman.
(c) She wants Toru to see her body.
(d) She likes being naked.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. Why does Nutmeg come to the Residence in Chapter 24?
3. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
4. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
5. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)