|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She takes pills.
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A harness.
(b) A bungie cord.
(c) A rope ladder.
(d) A long plank.
3. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(b) The mysterious woman.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Malta Kano.
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should become a public defender.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should ask for a raise.
5. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her heart.
(b) Her hands.
(c) Her feet.
(d) Her temples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
2. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
3. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
4. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
5. Which of the following descriptors is not used in Chapter 20 in relation to Nutmeg's husband?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)