|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She takes pills.
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Stir fry.
(b) Hot oatmeal.
(c) Baked Chicken.
3. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is being imprisoned by her family.
(c) She is truly happy without him.
(d) She never actually existed.
4. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A young boy.
(c) An elderly man.
(d) A fighter pilot in World War II.
5. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's grandfather.
(b) Kumiko's uncle.
(c) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(d) Kumiko's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
2. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
3. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
4. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)