|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She has PMS.
2. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
3. Why are the mountains an ideal place for the wig factory?
(a) The women are used to detailed handwork.
(b) There are no unions.
(c) The locals have long hair to sell.
(d) The temperature is perfect for the hair.
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) His rope ladder.
(d) A blank check.
5. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
2. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
3. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
4. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
5. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)