|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Odd jobs.
(b) Dirty jobs.
(c) Hands-on jobs.
(d) Shadow jobs.
2. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A journal.
(b) An article.
(c) A research paper.
(d) A letter.
3. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) A blank check.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(d) His rope ladder.
4. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
(a) His role as a healer.
(b) How much he owes on the property.
(c) His near-infidelity.
(d) His connection to Creta Kano.
5. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
(a) She has been on one date.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She refuses to date.
(d) She has a boyfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
3. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
4. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
5. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)