|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(a) May Kasahara.
(c) Toru's uncle.
(d) Malta Kano.
2. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) No one liked her.
(b) She was scared to get out of bed.
(c) She knew nothing about the world.
(d) She was a woman.
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 9 months.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 6 months.
5. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
(b) Kumiko's wedding ring.
(c) The deed to the Miyawki house.
(d) A photo of him in Creta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
2. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
4. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
5. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)