|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(b) Their wedding album.
(c) Her check-book.
2. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(b) He has lived a full life.
(c) His life is an empty shell.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
3. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A wig factory.
(b) A pachinko parlor.
(c) A restaurant chain.
(d) A law office.
5. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Dig a large hole.
(b) Collect food for the soldiers.
(c) Kill the elephant.
(d) Shoot each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What decision has Cinnamon made regarding the business in Chapter 24?
2. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
3. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
5. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)