|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(c) A new house.
(d) A car.
2. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) Who his real parents are.
(b) Whether he plans to run for office.
(c) If he slept with Kumiko.
(d) Why he wants the hanging house.
3. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
(a) He can see in the dark.
(b) It is a full moon.
(c) There are street lamps illuminating the area.
(d) The figures are glowing.
4. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(b) He is frightened she will let him die.
(c) He is depressed.
(d) Kumiko has left him.
5. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
2. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
3. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
4. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
5. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)