|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
2. What does the silent young man in Chapter 4 give Toru Okada to keep him from seeing where they are going?
(b) A hood.
(c) A night-mask.
(d) A scarf.
3. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) His life is an empty shell.
(b) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(c) He has lived a full life.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
4. Who is the first person that Nutmeg told the story of the zoo massacre?
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) Her husband.
5. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its CEO.
(b) Its accounting firm.
(c) Its realtor.
(d) Its car service.
Short Answer Questions
1. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
3. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
4. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
5. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)