|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
(a) Her temples.
(b) Her feet.
(c) Her heart.
(d) Her hands.
2. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(c) Mahler's Resurrection.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A theatre.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A mall.
(d) A coffee shop.
4. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(a) Creta Kano.
(c) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
5. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(b) Kumiko's father.
(c) Kumiko's grandfather.
(d) Kumiko's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose computer is in the Residence?
2. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
3. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
4. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
5. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)