|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(a) A car.
(c) A new house.
2. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
(b) Construction workers.
(d) Black cars.
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(b) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(c) Mahler's Resurrection.
(d) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
4. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A new house.
(c) A job.
(d) His cat.
5. According to the article in Chapter 21, what component of the dummy corporation has been linked to political scandals?
(a) Its CEO.
(b) Its car service.
(c) Its realtor.
(d) Its accounting firm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
3. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
4. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
5. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)