|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
(a) It switches from prose to poetry.
(b) It changes to a third-person point of view.
(c) It changes to French.
(d) It is presented as a newspaper article.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) He has people in his life.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) His business is successful.
(d) He has spoken to Kumiko.
3. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Shoot each other.
(b) Kill the elephant.
(c) Dig a large hole.
(d) Collect food for the soldiers.
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She takes pills.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
5. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
(b) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(c) The Okadas' missing cat.
(d) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
4. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
5. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)