|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 26: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle #8 (or, A Second Clumsy Massacre) (Pgs. 507-522) | Book 3 Chapter 27: Cinnamon's Missing Links (Pgs. 523-527).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) His life is an empty shell.
(b) He has lived a full life.
(c) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
2. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He digs a hole.
(b) He pees in the woods.
(c) He kills the taller man.
(d) He climbs a tree.
3. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(a) Malta Kano.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Creta Kano.
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should ask for a raise.
(b) He should start showing up late to work.
(c) He should quit law.
(d) He should become a public defender.
5. In Chapter 20, what does Nutmeg's mother sell in order to enroll her daughter in fashion school?
(a) Her father's antique katana.
(b) A set of silk robes.
(c) A car.
(d) A piece of jewelry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
2. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
3. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
4. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
5. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)