|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A young boy.
(d) A fighter pilot in World War II.
2. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) Why he wants the hanging house.
(b) Whether he plans to run for office.
(c) Who his real parents are.
(d) If he slept with Kumiko.
3. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) An empty box.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A bayonet.
4. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five months.
5. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
(a) 10 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) It fires on sight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
2. How long does it take Cinnamon to learn a language?
3. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
4. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
5. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)