|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) She gives no reason.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He breaks a family heirloom.
(d) He quits his job.
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(c) Stir fry.
(d) Baked Chicken.
3. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) Malta Kano.
(b) The mysterious woman.
(d) May Kasahara.
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(c) A portable phone.
5. Where is the zoo mentioned in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
3. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
4. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
5. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)