|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
(b) Computer chips.
2. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Dirty jobs.
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Shadow jobs.
(d) Hands-on jobs.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
(c) A well.
(d) Eighty million yen.
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
5. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An elderly man.
(d) A fighter pilot in World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
3. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
4. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)