|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
(a) She has been on one date.
(b) She is engaged.
(c) She refuses to date.
(d) She has a boyfriend.
2. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
3. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is less sure of herself.
(b) She cannot stop crying.
(c) She is more happy than usual.
(d) She is perpetually angry.
4. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He picks the lock.
(b) He uses Kumiko's key.
(c) He punches in a window.
(d) He slips in the cat door.
5. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She died at age 11.
(b) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(c) She refuses to meet him.
(d) She lives in the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
4. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)