|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Cinnamon not speak?
(a) He never learned how.
(b) He decides not to.
(c) He has been frightened into silence.
(d) He has no tongue.
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
(a) His mother.
(c) His sister.
(d) The shorter man.
3. What dangerous animal survives the massacre in Chapter 9?
4. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(a) A car.
(b) A new house.
5. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at church.
(b) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(c) They are at their summer home.
(d) They are running errands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
2. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
3. What is the only piece of information printed on the card that the woman gives Toru in Chapter 2?
4. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)