|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is more happy than usual.
(b) She is perpetually angry.
(c) She cannot stop crying.
(d) She is less sure of herself.
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A pachinko parlor.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A restaurant chain.
(d) A law office.
3. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A bungie cord.
(b) A harness.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A rope ladder.
4. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He knows the neighborhood.
(b) He has been asking for Toru.
(c) They were friends in school.
(d) He has a package for Toru.
5. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Pay him handsomely.
(b) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(c) Leave him alone.
(d) Get him a job in the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
2. Whom does the boy in Chapter 11 have to push out of bed to go to sleep?
3. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
4. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
5. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)