|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) Kumiko has left him.
(b) He is frightened she will let him die.
(c) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(d) He is depressed.
3. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Toru himself.
(b) Mr. Honda.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) Creta Kano.
4. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(b) After Koru quit his job.
(c) After Kumiko's sister died.
(d) After Koru had a fight with her father.
5. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A wig factory.
(b) A pachinko parlor.
(c) A law office.
(d) A restaurant chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
4. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
5. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)