|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) He has lived a full life.
(b) His life is an empty shell.
(c) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) She gives no reason.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) Omura Liquor.
(b) A business based in Osaka.
(c) His cousin Oni.
(d) His uncle.
4. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(b) French toast.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She has PMS.
(b) She thinks he is a failure.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She had a bad day at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
3. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
4. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)