|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) His uncle.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) Creta Kano.
2. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
(b) The deed to the Miyawki house.
(c) Kumiko's wedding ring.
(d) A photo of him in Creta Kano.
3. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
(a) It changes to French.
(b) It switches from prose to poetry.
(c) It is presented as a newspaper article.
(d) It changes to a third-person point of view.
4. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(b) She died at age 11.
(c) She lives in the United States.
(d) She refuses to meet him.
5. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
2. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
4. What does the silent young man in Chapter 4 give Toru Okada to keep him from seeing where they are going?
5. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)