|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Six years.
(d) One year.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Going to a baseball game.
(d) Playing cards on a sunny day.
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A bad stock deal.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) Opening a failed restaurant.
4. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) She intends to blackmail him.
(b) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(c) Malta asked her to.
(d) She felt sorry for him.
5. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The 1960's
(b) The early 1980's.
(c) The Victorian Era.
(d) The 1920's.
Short Answer Questions
1. After how many days of people-watching does Toru Okada see the man with the guitar case?
2. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
4. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
5. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)