|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She has PMS.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She had a bad day at work.
2. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Join her administering surveys.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Sunbathe with her.
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She refuses to meet him.
(b) She lives in the United States.
(c) She died at age 11.
(d) She is estranged from the Watayas.
4. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) May Kasahara.
(d) Malta Kano.
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
3. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
5. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)