|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Join her administering surveys.
(b) Have lunch with her.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Sunbathe with her.
2. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
3. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He climbs a tree.
(b) He pees in the woods.
(c) He kills the taller man.
(d) He digs a hole.
4. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
5. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A theatre.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A mall.
(d) An aquarium.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru find in the envelope the silent boy gives him?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
4. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)