|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The early 1980's.
(b) The 1920's.
(c) The 1960's
(d) The Victorian Era.
2. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She tosses down some food.
(b) She closes the lid.
(c) She blows Toru a kiss.
(d) She throws a rock at Toru.
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(b) Their wedding album.
(c) Her check-book.
(d) All her shoes and dresses.
4. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
(b) Computer chips.
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A long plank.
(b) A harness.
(c) A rope ladder.
(d) A bungie cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
2. What does the silent young man in Chapter 4 give Toru Okada to keep him from seeing where they are going?
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
5. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)