|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Playing cards on a sunny day.
(d) Going to a baseball game.
2. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He kills the taller man.
(b) He digs a hole.
(c) He climbs a tree.
(d) He pees in the woods.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) His uncle.
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
4. What is the only piece of information printed on the card that the woman gives Toru in Chapter 2?
(a) A title.
(b) An address.
(c) A name.
(d) A phone number.
5. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
(b) A well.
(c) Eighty million yen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
2. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)