|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 20 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
3. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Baked Chicken.
(d) Stir fry.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He breaks a family heirloom.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He almost cheats on her.
(d) She gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
2. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
4. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
5. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)