|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
(a) It changes to French.
(b) It is presented as a newspaper article.
(c) It switches from prose to poetry.
(d) It changes to a third-person point of view.
2. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) His rope ladder.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(d) Mr. Honda's empty box.
3. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He kills the taller man.
(b) He pees in the woods.
(c) He climbs a tree.
(d) He digs a hole.
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rope ladder.
(b) A long plank.
(c) A harness.
(d) A bungie cord.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
2. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
3. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)