|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(c) French toast.
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She does not particularly like him.
(b) They are in her parents' house.
(c) She is a virgin.
(d) She has not showered.
3. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
(a) He can see in the dark.
(b) The figures are glowing.
(c) It is a full moon.
(d) There are street lamps illuminating the area.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Going to a baseball game.
(c) Playing cards on a sunny day.
5. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
(a) He drowns himself.
(b) He sets himself on fire.
(c) He skins himself.
(d) He castrates himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
2. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
3. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
4. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
5. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)