|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A bad stock deal.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) Opening a failed restaurant.
(d) A run on his bank.
2. What does the woman do to Toru's mark in Chapter 4?
(a) She licks it.
(b) The rubs it.
(c) She takes a picture of it.
(d) She spears it with a scalpel.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru quit his job.
(b) After Kumiko's sister died.
(c) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
4. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She ran him over with a car.
(b) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(c) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(d) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
5. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
4. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
5. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)