|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He breaks a family heirloom.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He almost cheats on her.
(d) She gives no reason.
2. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
(a) She is truly happy without him.
(b) She never actually existed.
(c) She is dead.
(d) She is being imprisoned by her family.
3. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) His house.
(d) A hotel.
4. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Counting bald heads.
(b) Setting up wig displays.
(c) Approaching men on the streets.
(d) Filing paperwork for her.
5. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
(b) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(c) He has lived a full life.
(d) His life is an empty shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
5. After how many days of people-watching does Toru Okada see the man with the guitar case?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)