|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Getting a new watch battery.
(b) Filing his household's taxes.
(c) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(d) Picking up groceries.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Creta Kano.
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A wig factory.
(b) A restaurant chain.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A law office.
4. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He pees in the woods.
(b) He climbs a tree.
(c) He kills the taller man.
(d) He digs a hole.
5. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The Miyawaki well.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A ticket to Crete.
(d) A car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
2. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
4. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
5. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)