|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The silence.
(b) The solitude.
(c) The light.
(d) The damp.
2. What does the woman do to Toru's mark in Chapter 4?
(a) She takes a picture of it.
(b) She spears it with a scalpel.
(c) The rubs it.
(d) She licks it.
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A pachinko parlor.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A restaurant chain.
(d) A law office.
4. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
5. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(b) A fighter pilot in World War II.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
2. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
3. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
4. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
5. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)