|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) White shoes.
(b) A pink dress shirt.
(c) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(d) A polka dot tie.
2. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) She gives no reason.
(c) He almost cheats on her.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
4. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(b) A fighter pilot in World War II.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly man.
5. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
2. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
3. What does the woman do to Toru's mark in Chapter 4?
4. How does May Kasahara describe her love life in Chapter 5?
5. What is the only piece of information printed on the card that the woman gives Toru in Chapter 2?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)