|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) An empty box.
(b) A war medal.
(c) A pair of spectacles.
(d) A bayonet.
2. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His blood pooling beneath him.
(b) His eye contact.
(c) His frantic prayers.
(d) His screams.
3. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Not washing his clothes.
(b) Having too many women around him.
(c) Giving up on finding his cat.
(d) Not showing up at work with her.
4. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Toru's uncle.
(b) May Kasahara.
(c) Lieutenant Mamiya.
(d) Creta Kano.
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(b) Picking up groceries.
(c) Getting a new watch battery.
(d) Filing his household's taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
3. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
5. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)