|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She refuses to meet him.
(b) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(c) She died at age 11.
(d) She lives in the United States.
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 6 years.
3. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The damp.
(b) The light.
(c) The silence.
(d) The solitude.
4. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
(a) He skins himself.
(b) He castrates himself.
(c) He sets himself on fire.
(d) He drowns himself.
5. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She cannot stop crying.
(b) She is perpetually angry.
(c) She is less sure of herself.
(d) She is more happy than usual.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
2. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
3. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)