|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His frantic prayers.
(b) His eye contact.
(c) His screams.
(d) His blood pooling beneath him.
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The damp.
(b) The light.
(c) The solitude.
(d) The silence.
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
4. What does the factory where May Kasahara works produce?
(a) Computer chips.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His work items that he packed.
(b) His neighbor's house.
(c) The street.
(d) The dry cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
4. Topographically, where is the town in which May Kasahara is working in Chapter 5?
5. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)