|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His eye contact.
(b) His screams.
(c) His frantic prayers.
(d) His blood pooling beneath him.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Have lunch with her.
(b) Sunbathe with her.
(c) Join her administering surveys.
(d) Go to church with her.
4. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) The Miyawaki well.
(b) New clothes.
(c) A car.
(d) A ticket to Crete.
5. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
2. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
4. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
5. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)