|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is perpetually angry.
(b) She cannot stop crying.
(c) She is less sure of herself.
(d) She is more happy than usual.
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) She gave them to a homeless woman.
(b) She lost them.
(c) She wants Toru to see her body.
(d) She likes being naked.
3. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(a) May Kasahara.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) Toru's uncle.
4. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He knows the neighborhood.
(b) He has a package for Toru.
(c) He has been asking for Toru.
(d) They were friends in school.
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Have lunch with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
2. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
3. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
4. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
5. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)