|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A deluded state.
(b) A perfect state.
(c) A transitional state.
(d) A dream state.
2. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) Kumiko has left him.
(c) He is frightened she will let him die.
(d) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She refuses to meet him.
(b) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(c) She died at age 11.
(d) She lives in the United States.
4. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) The street.
(c) His neighbor's house.
(d) His work items that he packed.
5. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Toru's uncle.
(b) May Kasahara.
(c) Lieutenant Mamiya.
(d) Creta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
2. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
4. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
5. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)