|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She went to work for her sister.
(c) She won the lottery.
(d) She sold her family house.
2. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
(a) A mutual friend.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) A man she met on the street.
(d) A man from her work.
3. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Approaching men on the streets.
(b) Filing paperwork for her.
(c) Setting up wig displays.
(d) Counting bald heads.
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Join her administering surveys.
(d) Have lunch with her.
5. In Chapter 16, Toru and the man with the guitar case fight with what weapon?
(a) A bicycle chain.
(b) A knife.
(c) A gun.
(d) A baseball bat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
4. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
5. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)