|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Have lunch with her.
(c) Join her administering surveys.
(d) Go to church with her.
2. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) May Kasahara.
(d) Malta Kano.
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A bad stock deal.
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She takes pills.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(c) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
2. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
5. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)