|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She had a bad day at work.
(d) She has PMS.
2. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should ask for a raise.
(b) He should quit law.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should become a public defender.
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He breaks a family heirloom.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) She gives no reason.
4. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
5. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Filing paperwork for her.
(b) Setting up wig displays.
(c) Counting bald heads.
(d) Approaching men on the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who dies in Chapter 1?
2. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)