|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) Toru himself.
(d) Mr. Honda.
2. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) His uncle.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) He has lived a full life.
(b) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(c) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
(d) His life is an empty shell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
5. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)