|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) She gives no reason.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
2. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She has PMS.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She thinks he is a failure.
3. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Going to a baseball game.
(c) Playing cards on a sunny day.
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A restaurant chain.
(b) A law office.
(c) A wig factory.
(d) A pachinko parlor.
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) A war medal.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) An empty box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
2. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
3. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)