|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(c) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) Their wedding album.
(b) All her shoes and dresses.
(c) Her check-book.
3. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He has been asking for Toru.
(b) He knows the neighborhood.
(c) They were friends in school.
(d) He has a package for Toru.
4. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Toru's uncle.
(b) Lieutenant Mamiya.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Creta Kano.
5. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
(a) A man she met on the street.
(b) A man from her work.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) A mutual friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
2. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
3. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
5. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)