|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Giving up on finding his cat.
(b) Not washing his clothes.
(c) Not showing up at work with her.
(d) Having too many women around him.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
3. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(b) A man from her work.
(c) A mutual friend.
(d) A man she met on the street.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(b) Picking up groceries.
(c) Filing his household's taxes.
(d) Getting a new watch battery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
2. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
3. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)