|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She throws a rock at Toru.
(b) She blows Toru a kiss.
(c) She tosses down some food.
(d) She closes the lid.
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) May Kasahara.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) The mysterious woman.
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(a) A portable phone.
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A pink dress shirt.
(b) A polka dot tie.
(c) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(d) White shoes.
5. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 6 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
3. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
4. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
5. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)