|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A mall.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A theatre.
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A harness.
(b) A bungie cord.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A rope ladder.
3. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A transitional state.
(b) A deluded state.
(c) A perfect state.
(d) A dream state.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Baked Chicken.
(b) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Stir fry.
5. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
(a) A man she met on the street.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) A mutual friend.
(d) A man from her work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
2. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
3. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
4. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)