|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She throws a rock at Toru.
(b) She blows Toru a kiss.
(c) She closes the lid.
(d) She tosses down some food.
2. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
3. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(c) Her check-book.
(d) Their wedding album.
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(b) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(c) His rope ladder.
(d) A blank check.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
2. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
4. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)