|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are running errands.
(b) They are at their summer home.
(c) They are at church.
(d) They are moving their things to an apartment.
2. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(b) Going to a baseball game.
(d) Playing cards on a sunny day.
3. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(a) Toru's uncle.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A bad stock deal.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A crippling drug addiction.
5. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru quit his job.
(b) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(c) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(d) After Kumiko's sister died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
3. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
4. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)