|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 10 months.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 20 years.
2. Who dies in Chapter 1?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) Toru's uncle.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Lieutenant Mamiya.
3. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
4. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) He is frightened she will let him die.
(c) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
(d) Kumiko has left him.
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A bad stock deal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
2. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
4. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
5. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)