|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three years.
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rope ladder.
(b) A harness.
(c) A bungie cord.
(d) A long plank.
3. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
4. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(a) Scrambled eggs.
(d) French toast.
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(b) Mahler's Resurrection.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
3. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)