|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Baked Chicken.
2. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Picking up groceries.
(b) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(c) Getting a new watch battery.
(d) Filing his household's taxes.
3. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should become a public defender.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should ask for a raise.
4. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) One year.
(b) Six years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three years.
5. After how many days of people-watching does Toru Okada see the man with the guitar case?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)