|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A ballroom.
(b) His house.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
2. Who pulls the rope ladder up from the well in Chapter 9?
(b) Malta Kano.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) Toru's uncle.
3. What horrific action does the man with the guitar case undertake in Toru's dream in Chapter 16?
(a) He drowns himself.
(b) He skins himself.
(c) He sets himself on fire.
(d) He castrates himself.
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
(a) Going to a baseball game.
(b) Playing cards on a sunny day.
5. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three years.
(c) One year.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
2. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
3. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
4. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)