|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(b) After Kumiko's sister died.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Koru had a fight with her father.
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(b) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(c) She ran him over with a car.
(d) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
4. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is perpetually angry.
(b) She cannot stop crying.
(c) She is less sure of herself.
(d) She is more happy than usual.
5. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) Omura Liquor.
(b) A business based in Osaka.
(c) His uncle.
(d) His cousin Oni.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 11, what does Toru remember doing with his father as a child?
5. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)