|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Attend conferences.
(b) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Sample water.
2. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(c) Mahler's Resurrection.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
3. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) A blank check.
(d) His rope ladder.
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
5. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
(a) She is dead.
(b) She is truly happy without him.
(c) She never actually existed.
(d) She is being imprisoned by her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
2. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
3. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
4. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
5. Who eventually rescues Toru from the well?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)