|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Approaching men on the streets.
(b) Counting bald heads.
(c) Filing paperwork for her.
(d) Setting up wig displays.
2. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His work items that he packed.
(b) The dry cleaners.
(c) The street.
(d) His neighbor's house.
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She takes pills.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(b) A portable phone.
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) An empty box.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A war medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
2. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
3. In the beginning of Book 3, why does Toru suspect he has not heard from Kumiko?
4. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
5. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)