|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Approaching men on the streets.
(b) Setting up wig displays.
(c) Filing paperwork for her.
(d) Counting bald heads.
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She takes pills.
(d) She drowns herself.
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are running errands.
(b) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(c) They are at their summer home.
(d) They are at church.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She has PMS.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She had a bad day at work.
(d) She thinks he is a failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
2. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
5. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)