|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Not washing his clothes.
(b) Having too many women around him.
(c) Giving up on finding his cat.
(d) Not showing up at work with her.
2. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(b) She ran him over with a car.
(c) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(d) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
3. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) She intends to blackmail him.
(b) She felt sorry for him.
(c) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(d) Malta asked her to.
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) His rope ladder.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) A blank check.
(d) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
5. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A new house.
(b) His tie.
(c) A job.
(d) His cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
2. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)