|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
(a) She blows Toru a kiss.
(b) She tosses down some food.
(c) She closes the lid.
(d) She throws a rock at Toru.
2. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
4. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) They were friends in school.
(b) He has been asking for Toru.
(c) He has a package for Toru.
(d) He knows the neighborhood.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She has PMS.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She thinks he is a failure.
(d) She had a bad day at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
2. In a letter Toru receives in Chapter 11, who does Kumiko say she is having an affair with?
3. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
5. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)