|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) He has a package for Toru.
(b) He knows the neighborhood.
(c) They were friends in school.
(d) He has been asking for Toru.
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) Their wedding album.
(b) Her check-book.
(d) All her shoes and dresses.
3. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) White shoes.
(c) A pink dress shirt.
(d) A polka dot tie.
5. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(b) She felt sorry for him.
(c) She intends to blackmail him.
(d) Malta asked her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
5. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)