|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A rope ladder.
(b) A bungie cord.
(c) A harness.
(d) A long plank.
2. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Sunbathe with her.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(c) Creta Kano.
(d) His uncle.
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A mall.
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Filing his household's taxes.
(b) Picking up groceries.
(c) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(d) Getting a new watch battery.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
3. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)