|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A run on his bank.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A crippling drug addiction.
(d) A bad stock deal.
2. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A mall.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A coffee shop.
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five months.
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A pink dress shirt.
(b) A polka dot tie.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A blue pinstriped blazer.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) Creta Kano.
(b) His uncle.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
4. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
5. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)