|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) Malta Kano.
(b) May Kasahara.
(c) The mysterious woman.
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(b) Her check-book.
(c) All her shoes and dresses.
(d) Their wedding album.
3. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Picking up groceries.
(b) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(c) Getting a new watch battery.
(d) Filing his household's taxes.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A run on his bank.
(b) A bad stock deal.
(c) Opening a failed restaurant.
(d) A crippling drug addiction.
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Kill Yanamoto.
(b) Flee back into China.
(c) Destroy his personal documents.
(d) Fight to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
5. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)