|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Filing his household's taxes.
(b) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(c) Picking up groceries.
(d) Getting a new watch battery.
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A war medal.
(c) An empty box.
(d) A pair of spectacles.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A run on his bank.
(c) A crippling drug addiction.
(d) A bad stock deal.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
(b) His uncle.
(d) Creta Kano.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
3. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
5. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)