|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A bungie cord.
(b) A rope ladder.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A harness.
2. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) An empty box.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A bayonet.
3. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Make psychic house calls.
(b) Sample water.
(c) Attend conferences.
(d) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) White shoes.
(b) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(c) A pink dress shirt.
(d) A polka dot tie.
5. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A restaurant chain.
(c) A wig factory.
(d) A pachinko parlor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
3. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
4. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
5. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)