|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A restaurant chain.
2. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She has PMS.
(c) She thinks he is a failure.
(d) She had a bad day at work.
3. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) His life is an empty shell.
(b) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
(c) He has lived a full life.
(d) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
4. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Sunbathe with her.
(d) Have lunch with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)