|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
2. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A war medal.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) An empty box.
(d) A pair of spectacles.
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
(b) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(c) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(d) The Okadas' missing cat.
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A pachinko parlor.
(c) A wig factory.
(d) A restaurant chain.
5. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The damp.
(b) The light.
(c) The silence.
(d) The solitude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)