|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
2. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She takes pills.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His eye contact.
(b) His blood pooling beneath him.
(c) His frantic prayers.
(d) His screams.
5. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Approaching men on the streets.
(b) Setting up wig displays.
(c) Counting bald heads.
(d) Filing paperwork for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
2. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
5. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)