|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) They are in her parents' house.
(c) She does not particularly like him.
(d) She has not showered.
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The damp.
(b) The light.
(c) The solitude.
(d) The silence.
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A new house.
(c) His cat.
(d) A job.
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A wig factory.
(b) A pachinko parlor.
(c) A law office.
(d) A restaurant chain.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His work items that he packed.
(b) The street.
(c) The dry cleaners.
(d) His neighbor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)