|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) An aquarium.
(b) A mall.
(c) A theatre.
(d) A coffee shop.
2. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Mahler's Resurrection.
(c) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
3. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A bungie cord.
(b) A rope ladder.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A harness.
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should ask for a raise.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should become a public defender.
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) Malta Kano.
(b) The mysterious woman.
(d) May Kasahara.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
4. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)