|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should start showing up late to work.
(c) He should ask for a raise.
(d) He should become a public defender.
2. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She died at age 11.
(b) She lives in the United States.
(c) She refuses to meet him.
(d) She is estranged from the Watayas.
3. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
4. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) She gives no reason.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
5. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
4. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)