|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She lives in the United States.
(b) She died at age 11.
(c) She refuses to meet him.
(d) She is estranged from the Watayas.
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The solitude.
(b) The light.
(c) The damp.
(d) The silence.
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) Six years.
(c) One year.
(d) Five months.
4. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Having too many women around him.
(b) Not washing his clothes.
(c) Giving up on finding his cat.
(d) Not showing up at work with her.
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) Malta Kano.
(c) The mysterious woman.
(d) May Kasahara.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
2. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
5. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)