|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A job.
(b) His cat.
(c) A new house.
(d) His tie.
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 months.
3. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The light.
(b) The solitude.
(c) The damp.
(d) The silence.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) A war medal.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) An empty box.
5. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(c) Baked Chicken.
(d) Stir fry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
2. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
3. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
5. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)