|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She does not particularly like him.
(b) She has not showered.
(c) They are in her parents' house.
(d) She is a virgin.
2. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
3. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) His house.
(b) A fancy restaurant.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A ballroom.
4. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She went to work for her sister.
(b) She sold her family house.
(c) She became a prostitute.
(d) She won the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
2. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)