|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His blood pooling beneath him.
(b) His screams.
(c) His eye contact.
(d) His frantic prayers.
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Counting bald heads.
(b) Filing paperwork for her.
(c) Setting up wig displays.
(d) Approaching men on the streets.
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Fight to the death.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) A polka dot tie.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A pink dress shirt.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His neighbor's house.
(b) The dry cleaners.
(c) The street.
(d) His work items that he packed.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
2. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
4. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
5. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)