|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Filing paperwork for her.
(b) Approaching men on the streets.
(c) Setting up wig displays.
(d) Counting bald heads.
2. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A new house.
(b) His cat.
(c) His tie.
(d) A job.
3. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) His house.
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(c) A portable phone.
5. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(b) All her shoes and dresses.
(c) Her check-book.
(d) Their wedding album.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
3. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)