|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A new house.
(c) His cat.
(d) A job.
2. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
(a) Three years.
(b) One year.
(c) Six years.
(d) Five months.
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A pachinko parlor.
(b) A law office.
(c) A restaurant chain.
(d) A wig factory.
5. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He almost cheats on her.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He breaks a family heirloom.
(d) She gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
4. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
5. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)