|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) Their wedding album.
(b) All her shoes and dresses.
(d) Her check-book.
2. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She won the lottery.
(c) She went to work for her sister.
(d) She sold her family house.
3. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) The dry cleaners.
(b) The street.
(c) His work items that he packed.
(d) His neighbor's house.
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Go to church with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Sunbathe with her.
5. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A job.
(c) His cat.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
2. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
3. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
4. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
5. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)