|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) A pink dress shirt.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A polka dot tie.
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A bungie cord.
(b) A long plank.
(c) A rope ladder.
(d) A harness.
3. For what does May Kasahara castigate Toru Okada in Chapter 5?
(a) Not washing his clothes.
(b) Not showing up at work with her.
(c) Giving up on finding his cat.
(d) Having too many women around him.
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should become a public defender.
(b) He should ask for a raise.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should quit law.
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She takes pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
2. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
3. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)