|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She has not showered.
(b) She does not particularly like him.
(c) They are in her parents' house.
(d) She is a virgin.
3. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Getting a new watch battery.
(b) Filing his household's taxes.
(c) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(d) Picking up groceries.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) A war medal.
(c) An empty box.
(d) A bayonet.
5. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
2. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
3. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
4. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
5. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)