|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Baked Chicken.
2. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) A polka dot tie.
(c) A pink dress shirt.
(d) White shoes.
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) A new house.
(c) His cat.
(d) A job.
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should quit law.
(b) He should start showing up late to work.
(c) He should ask for a raise.
(d) He should become a public defender.
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(b) Mahler's Resurrection.
(c) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(d) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
5. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)