|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mamiya say he is no longer afraid of dying?
(a) Honda has told him the manner and time of his death.
(b) He has lived a full life.
(c) His life is an empty shell.
(d) He has seen far worse deaths than his can ever be.
2. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A harness.
(b) A long plank.
(c) A bungie cord.
(d) A rope ladder.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru quit his job.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Kumiko's sister died.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
4. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His work items that he packed.
(b) His neighbor's house.
(c) The street.
(d) The dry cleaners.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She sold her family house.
(c) She won the lottery.
(d) She went to work for her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
2. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
3. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
4. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
5. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)