|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She takes pills.
2. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Attend conferences.
(b) Sample water.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
3. What does Toru Okada use to climb down into the well at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) A bungie cord.
(b) A harness.
(c) A long plank.
(d) A rope ladder.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A war medal.
(d) An empty box.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
3. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
4. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
5. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)