|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) The Okadas' missing cat.
(b) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(c) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
(d) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
3. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The Victorian Era.
(b) The early 1980's.
(c) The 1920's.
(d) The 1960's
4. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(b) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His neighbor's house.
(b) His work items that he packed.
(c) The street.
(d) The dry cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
2. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
5. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)