|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(b) Filing his household's taxes.
(c) Picking up groceries.
(d) Getting a new watch battery.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Flee back into China.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Go to church with her.
(c) Join her administering surveys.
(d) Have lunch with her.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) An empty box.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A bayonet.
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) A run on his bank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
5. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)