|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(b) After Koru quit his job.
(c) After Kumiko's sister died.
(d) After Koru had a fight with her father.
2. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(a) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
(d) A Russian soldier.
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A restaurant chain.
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(b) A pink dress shirt.
(c) White shoes.
(d) A polka dot tie.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She had a bad day at work.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She thinks he is a failure.
(d) She has PMS.
Short Answer Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
3. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)