|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His cat.
(b) A new house.
(c) A job.
(d) His tie.
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) His uncle.
(b) A business based in Osaka.
(c) His cousin Oni.
(d) Omura Liquor.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Kumiko's sister died.
(b) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Koru had a fight with her father.
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She takes pills.
(d) She hangs herself.
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A run on his bank.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) A crippling drug addiction.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
5. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)