|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) His uncle.
2. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His eye contact.
(b) His blood pooling beneath him.
(c) His frantic prayers.
(d) His screams.
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A new house.
(b) His cat.
(c) His tie.
(d) A job.
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 6 years.
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Have lunch with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Sunbathe with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)