|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) She gives no reason.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
2. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A new house.
(b) His tie.
(c) His cat.
(d) A job.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Kumiko's sister died.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Kill Yanamoto.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Fight to the death.
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She takes pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
3. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
4. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)