|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(b) Malta Kano.
(c) May Kasahara.
(d) The mysterious woman.
2. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(b) After Koru quit his job.
(c) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(d) After Kumiko's sister died.
3. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) An empty box.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A bayonet.
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(c) A portable phone.
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Filing his household's taxes.
(b) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(c) Getting a new watch battery.
(d) Picking up groceries.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
2. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
5. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)