|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She went to work for her sister.
(b) She won the lottery.
(c) She sold her family house.
(d) She became a prostitute.
2. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(c) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
(d) A Russian soldier.
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Flee back into China.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) A bad stock deal.
(c) Opening a failed restaurant.
(d) A run on his bank.
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(b) A portable phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
3. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)