|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(b) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Kumiko's sister died.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Fight to the death.
(c) Kill Yanamoto.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
3. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(b) Sample water.
(c) Attend conferences.
(d) Make psychic house calls.
4. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Filing his household's taxes.
(b) Getting a new watch battery.
(c) Picking up groceries.
(d) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She takes pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
3. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
4. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)