|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His cat.
(b) His tie.
(c) A new house.
(d) A job.
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Filing paperwork for her.
(b) Counting bald heads.
(c) Setting up wig displays.
(d) Approaching men on the streets.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru quit his job.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Kumiko's sister died.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
4. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(b) Sample water.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Attend conferences.
5. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) She gives no reason.
(c) He almost cheats on her.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
2. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
3. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)