|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Kumiko's sister died.
(d) After Koru quit his job.
2. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(b) Filing his household's taxes.
(c) Picking up groceries.
(d) Getting a new watch battery.
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His cat.
(b) His tie.
(c) A new house.
(d) A job.
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Have lunch with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Go to church with her.
(d) Sunbathe with her.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She has PMS.
(c) She is a woman.
(d) She had a bad day at work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)