|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should ask for a raise.
(b) He should become a public defender.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should quit law.
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Filing paperwork for her.
(b) Approaching men on the streets.
(c) Counting bald heads.
(d) Setting up wig displays.
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
(d) His uncle.
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 3 years.
5. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His blood pooling beneath him.
(b) His frantic prayers.
(c) His screams.
(d) His eye contact.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
4. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
5. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)