|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(d) A portable phone.
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
3. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The 1960's
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The 1920's.
(d) The early 1980's.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) An empty box.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A war medal.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She became a prostitute.
(b) She went to work for her sister.
(c) She sold her family house.
(d) She won the lottery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
3. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
4. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
5. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)