|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Stir fry.
(c) Baked Chicken.
(d) Hot oatmeal.
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) She gives no reason.
(b) He almost cheats on her.
(c) He breaks a family heirloom.
(d) He quits his job.
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Kumiko's sister died.
4. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She thinks he is a failure.
(b) She had a bad day at work.
(c) She has PMS.
(d) She is a woman.
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She sold her family house.
(b) She won the lottery.
(c) She went to work for her sister.
(d) She became a prostitute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
4. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)