|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Sample water.
(b) Attend conferences.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
2. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Baked Chicken.
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
(a) The Okadas' missing cat.
(b) Kumiko's brother's professional problems.
(c) The Okadas' flailing marriage.
(d) Toru Okada's lack of a job.
4. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She died at age 11.
(b) She lives in the United States.
(c) She refuses to meet him.
(d) She is estranged from the Watayas.
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(d) A portable phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
5. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)