|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should start showing up late to work.
(b) He should quit law.
(c) He should ask for a raise.
(d) He should become a public defender.
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A restaurant chain.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A law office.
3. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 6 years.
(d) 3 years.
4. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(b) Attend conferences.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Sample water.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) The street.
(b) His neighbor's house.
(c) The dry cleaners.
(d) His work items that he packed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
2. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)