|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The Victorian Era.
(b) The 1920's.
(c) The early 1980's.
(d) The 1960's
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A job.
(b) His tie.
(c) His cat.
(d) A new house.
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(b) A portable phone.
5. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
(a) He should become a public defender.
(b) He should ask for a raise.
(c) He should start showing up late to work.
(d) He should quit law.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
3. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
4. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)