|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 10 months.
(d) 3 years.
2. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
(a) A Russian soldier.
(c) A Mongolian sheep-herder.
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She takes pills.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She hangs herself.
4. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) A business based in Osaka.
(b) His uncle.
(c) Omura Liquor.
(d) His cousin Oni.
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) An empty box.
(c) A war medal.
(d) A pair of spectacles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
2. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)