|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Attend conferences.
(b) Sample water.
(c) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(d) Make psychic house calls.
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A wig factory.
(b) A restaurant chain.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A law office.
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A pair of spectacles.
(b) A war medal.
(c) An empty box.
(d) A bayonet.
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She takes pills.
(d) She drowns herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
3. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)