|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A bad stock deal.
(c) A crippling drug addiction.
(d) A run on his bank.
2. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) Omura Liquor.
(b) A business based in Osaka.
(c) His cousin Oni.
(d) His uncle.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Join her administering surveys.
(b) Have lunch with her.
(c) Sunbathe with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
4. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(b) After Kumiko's sister died.
(c) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
(d) After Koru quit his job.
5. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) An empty box.
(b) A pair of spectacles.
(c) A bayonet.
(d) A war medal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
5. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)