|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A pachinko parlor.
(b) A law office.
(c) A wig factory.
(d) A restaurant chain.
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(d) A portable phone.
3. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Counting bald heads.
(b) Filing paperwork for her.
(c) Setting up wig displays.
(d) Approaching men on the streets.
4. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
(a) She won the lottery.
(b) She became a prostitute.
(c) She went to work for her sister.
(d) She sold her family house.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) The street.
(b) His work items that he packed.
(c) His neighbor's house.
(d) The dry cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)