|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The early 1980's.
(b) The 1960's
(c) The 1920's.
(d) The Victorian Era.
2. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She shoots herself.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She takes pills.
3. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She is a woman.
(b) She has PMS.
(c) She had a bad day at work.
(d) She thinks he is a failure.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Stir fry.
(d) Baked Chicken.
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Flee back into China.
Short Answer Questions
1. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
4. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)