|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) A job.
(b) His tie.
(c) A new house.
(d) His cat.
2. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) His work items that he packed.
(b) The street.
(c) The dry cleaners.
(d) His neighbor's house.
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Fight to the death.
(c) Kill Yanamoto.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Hot oatmeal.
(b) Stir fry.
(c) Baked Chicken.
5. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
(a) Filing paperwork for her.
(b) Setting up wig displays.
(c) Counting bald heads.
(d) Approaching men on the streets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
3. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
4. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
5. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)