|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(b) Her check-book.
(c) Their wedding album.
2. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A bad stock deal.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A crippling drug addiction.
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She refuses to meet him.
(b) She lives in the United States.
(c) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(d) She died at age 11.
4. What era does Creta Kano's style of dress remind Toru Okada of?
(a) The early 1980's.
(b) The Victorian Era.
(c) The 1960's
(d) The 1920's.
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
(a) The street.
(b) His work items that he packed.
(c) His neighbor's house.
(d) The dry cleaners.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
4. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)