Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 36: The Story of the Duck People ? Shadows and Tears ? (May Kasahara's Point of View: 6) (Pgs. 591-595) | Book 3 Chapter 37: Two Different Kinds of News (Pgs. 596-600).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 25, why is Toru heartened by his life?
(a) He has people in his life.
(b) His cat has returned.
(c) He has spoken to Kumiko.
(d) His business is successful.
2. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
(a) He can see in the dark.
(b) There are street lamps illuminating the area.
(c) The figures are glowing.
(d) It is a full moon.
3. What does Toru decide he needs to purchase at the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A car.
(b) A ticket to Crete.
(c) New clothes.
(d) The Miyawaki well.
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 20 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 10 months.
5. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) Picking up groceries.
(b) Delivering his wife's dry cleaning.
(c) Getting a new watch battery.
(d) Filing his household's taxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
2. What is Toru Okada's duty working with May Kasahara in Chapter 9?
3. What does May think she hears at the end of Chapter 36?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
5. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)