|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 18: A Stupid Tree Frog Daughter (May Kasahara's Point of View: 4) (Pgs. 460-464) | Book 3 Chapter 19: The Subterranean Labyrinth ? Cinnamon's Two Doors (Pgs. 464-469).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, May Kasahara's boss tells her that genes determine what percentage of whether someone will go bald?
2. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Honda.
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Toru himself.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
3. What does Toru admit to May Kasahara in Chapter 10?
(a) He is depressed.
(b) Kumiko has left him.
(c) He is frightened she will let him die.
(d) He and Kumiko once had an abortion.
4. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 20 years.
(d) 10 months.
5. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A wig factory.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A restaurant chain.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
2. What errand is Toru Okada running at the beginning of Chapter 7?
3. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
4. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)