|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 4: Buying New Shoes ? The Thing That Came Back Home (Pgs. 362-372) | Book 3 Chapter 5: A Place You Can Figure Out If You Think About It Really, Really Hard (May Kasahara's Point of View: 1) (Pgs. 373-376).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After how many days of people-watching does Toru Okada see the man with the guitar case?
2. What animal inhabits the disgusting island that is the subject of Toru Okada's metaphorical story in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) His uncle.
(b) His cousin Oni.
(c) Omura Liquor.
(d) A business based in Osaka.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Baked Chicken.
(c) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Stir fry.
5. What does Malta Kano assure Toru Okada that he will find at the end of their meeting?
(a) His tie.
(b) His cat.
(c) A job.
(d) A new house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
2. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
3. How long ago was the last time Noboru Wataya and Toru Okada met as of Chapter 3?
4. What does May Kasahara do before leaving the well at the end of Chapter 9?
5. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)