Eight Week Quiz C
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 16: The Simplest Thing ? Revenge in a Sophisticated Form ? The Thing in the Guitar Case (Pgs. 327-338) | Book 3 Chapter 1: The Wind-Up Bird in Winter (Pgs. 341-350).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
(a) They were friends in school.
(b) He has been asking for Toru.
(c) He knows the neighborhood.
(d) He has a package for Toru.
2. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) A bayonet.
(b) A war medal.
(c) A pair of spectacles.
(d) An empty box.
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Flee back into China.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Kill Yanamoto.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Stir fry.
(b) Baked Chicken.
(c) Hot oatmeal.
5. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
(a) White shoes.
(b) A blue pinstriped blazer.
(c) A polka dot tie.
(d) A pink dress shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. What career advice does Toru Okada recall Mr. Honda giving in Chapter 4?
3. Who saves Lieutenant Mamiya from the dry well where the Mongolian soldiers leave him?
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
5. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)