|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 6: Inheriting Property ? Inquiry on Jellyfish ? Something Like a Sense of Detachment (Pgs. 222-230) | Book 2 Chapter 7: Recollections and Dialogue on Pregnancy ? Empirical Inquiry on Pain (Pgs. 230-240) | Book 2 Chapter 8: The Root of Desire ? In Room 208 ? Passing Through the Wall (Pgs. 241-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his letter in Chapter 4, Mamiya says that - when he was at the bottom of the well in Mongolia - he believes something what living in what?
(a) The silence.
(b) The damp.
(c) The light.
(d) The solitude.
2. In a reminiscence in Chapter 9, why does Kumiko refuse to speak to Toru Okada for three days?
(a) He almost cheats on her.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) She gives no reason.
(d) He breaks a family heirloom.
3. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
(a) Attend conferences.
(b) Give public demonstrations of her abilities.
(c) Make psychic house calls.
(d) Sample water.
4. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
(a) Baked Chicken.
(b) Hot oatmeal.
(d) Stir fry.
5. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
(a) She had a bad day at work.
(b) She is a woman.
(c) She thinks he is a failure.
(d) She has PMS.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
2. What article of clothing does Toru Okada agree to wear to his meeting with Malta Cano in Chapter 3?
3. In Chapter 8, how does Creta Kano say she eventually managed to pay off her debts?
4. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
5. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)