|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1 Chapter 13: Lieutenant Mamiya's Long Story: Part II (Pgs. 151-172) | Book 2 Chapter 1: As Concrete as Possible ? Appetite in Literature (Pgs. 175-184) | Book 2 Chapter 2: No Good News in This Chapter (Pgs. 185-195).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
(a) After Kumiko's sister died.
(b) After Koru had a fight with her father.
(c) After Koru quit his job.
(d) After Noburu Wataya began chieving success.
3. What does May Kasahara invite Toru Okada to do the following day in Chapter 5?
(a) Sunbathe with her.
(b) Join her administering surveys.
(c) Have lunch with her.
(d) Go to church with her.
4. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Creta Kano.
5. How long have Kumiko and Toru Okada been married at the beginning of the novel?
(a) 10 months.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 3 years.
(d) 20 years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada cooking when he first receives a call from the mysterious woman in Chapter 1?
2. How does Toru Okada rationalize his wife's curtness to him in Chapter 2?
3. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
4. What does Malta Kano do on her international travels?
5. For what problem has Kumiko sought the advice of Malta Kano in Chapter 3?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)