|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) His health.
(b) His wife and child.
(c) The approaching Russian army.
(d) The elephants.
2. Who is Malta Kano looking for when she calls Toru Okada at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) Toru himself.
(b) Noboru Wataya.
(c) Creta Kano.
(d) Mr. Honda.
3. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
(a) He skins him alive.
(b) He shoots him.
(c) He burns him alive.
(d) He beats him to death.
4. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(a) A car.
(d) A new house.
5. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) Terminally ill.
(b) In a land far away.
(c) As a mortal enemy.
(d) In hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
2. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
4. What is the healing room of the Residence made up to look like in Chapter 17?
5. In Chapter 2, what does Toru Okada tell the woman on the street he needs?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)