|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She is less sure of herself.
(b) She is perpetually angry.
(c) She is more happy than usual.
(d) She cannot stop crying.
2. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(b) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(c) A blank check.
(d) His rope ladder.
3. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
(a) He people watches in Shinjuku.
(b) He writes May Kasahara.
(c) He tries to read more of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(d) He cleans the Residence.
4. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She refuses to meet him.
(b) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(c) She lives in the United States.
(d) She died at age 11.
5. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(b) She intends to blackmail him.
(c) Malta asked her to.
(d) She felt sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
2. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
3. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
4. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
5. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)