|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(b) Made her exhausted.
(c) Made her go bad.
(d) Made her stronger.
2. In Chapter 13, what memory of Yanamoto's death does in Lieutenant Mamiya say he will never forget?
(a) His frantic prayers.
(b) His screams.
(c) His eye contact.
(d) His blood pooling beneath him.
3. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A fighter pilot in World War II.
(c) A young boy.
(d) An elderly man.
4. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
(a) It fires on sight.
(b) 1 hour.
(c) 10 minutes.
(d) 2 hours.
5. Near the end of Chapter 18, May says that she woke up one day discovered what?
(a) She was scared to get out of bed.
(b) No one liked her.
(c) She was a woman.
(d) She knew nothing about the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 15, which of the following bits of information does Ushikawa know about Toru?
2. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
3. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
4. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
5. In Chapter 26, what does Toru suddenly realize about his conversation with Kumiko?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)