|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Dig a large hole.
(b) Shoot each other.
(c) Collect food for the soldiers.
(d) Kill the elephant.
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(c) A portable phone.
3. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The conservatives.
(b) The reformists.
(c) The libertarians.
(d) The labor.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
(a) A young boy.
(b) An elderly man.
(d) A fighter pilot in World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
3. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)