|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She takes pills.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She drowns herself.
2. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
3. What similarity exists between the veterinarian in Chapter 9 and Toru Okada?
(a) They are both the same height.
(b) They both spend time in dry wells.
(c) They both have a blue mark.
(d) They both have been left by their wives.
4. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
(a) Trying to remember things about the daughter.
(c) Dropping things in the well.
(d) Staring at the house.
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(b) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(c) Mahler's Resurrection.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
2. At what time is May Kasahara writing her letter in Chapter 18?
3. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)