|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) A blank check.
(b) His rope ladder.
(c) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(d) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
2. What is Toru Okada's main concern about chatting with Kumiko on a computer in Chapter 19?
(a) She may not understand his intonation.
(b) Someone can look in more easily.
(c) He will not know it is her.
(d) She can hang up more easily.
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) Opening a failed restaurant.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) A run on his bank.
4. What does Toru do in Chapter 29 when he tires of going to the well?
(a) He cleans the Residence.
(b) He people watches in Shinjuku.
(c) He tries to read more of The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle.
(d) He writes May Kasahara.
5. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
(a) The Super.
(b) Mr. X.
Short Answer Questions
1. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
3. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
5. How does the lieutenant execute the last of the prisoners in Chapter 26?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)