|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
(a) What do they call the bird outside their window?
(b) What did he cook their last night together?
(c) What is Noboru Wataya's secret?
(d) What did she find fascinating at the aquarium?
2. What does Toru want to know about Noboru Wataya in Chapter 15?
(a) If he slept with Kumiko.
(b) Who his real parents are.
(c) Whether he plans to run for office.
(d) Why he wants the hanging house.
3. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
(c) Lt. Mamiya.
4. What is the first order that the Lieutenant gives the prisoners upon arriving at the zoo?
(a) Shoot each other.
(b) Collect food for the soldiers.
(c) Kill the elephant.
(d) Dig a large hole.
5. According to Kumiko in Chapter 22, what has her metamorphosis done to her?
(a) Made her exhausted.
(b) Made her understand why she married Toru.
(c) Made her stronger.
(d) Made her go bad.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
2. What part of her first client's body did Nutmeg touch to heal her?
3. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
4. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
5. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)