|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second password that Toru cracks in Chapter 19?
2. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He climbs a tree.
(b) He digs a hole.
(c) He pees in the woods.
(d) He kills the taller man.
3. What are the prisoners that the young lieutenant escorts wearing in Chapter 26?
(a) Baseball uniforms.
(b) Civilian clothes.
(c) Dress military uniforms.
4. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) Her check-book.
(c) All her shoes and dresses.
(d) Their wedding album.
5. How does Kumiko instruct Toru to think of her in Chapter 22?
(a) In a land far away.
(b) As a mortal enemy.
(c) Terminally ill.
(d) In hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Creta Kano explain her lack of clothes in the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
3. What personal question does Toru Okada ask Kumiko in their internet chat in Chapter 22?
4. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
5. Who pointedly ceases coming to the Residence in Chapter 29?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)