|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
2. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A coffee shop.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A mall.
(d) A theatre.
3. What object does Toru Okada discover in the well in Chapter 8?
(a) A necktie.
(b) A bat.
(c) A beer.
(d) A box.
4. What is the veterinarian worrying about at the beginning of Chapter 26?
(a) The elephants.
(b) The approaching Russian army.
(c) His wife and child.
(d) His health.
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(b) A portable phone.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 28, what type of lessons does May Kasahara remember the Miyawaki girl taking?
2. Where does Toru Okada find his necktie in Chapter 4?
3. Who is the protagonist of Chapter 3?
4. What changes about the style of writing in Chapter 3?
5. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)