|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Yoshitaka Wataya?
(a) Kumiko's grandfather.
(b) Kumiko's youngest brother.
(c) Kumiko's father.
(d) Kumiko's uncle.
2. What was Nutmeg before she was a healer?
(a) A advertising executive.
(b) A clothing designer.
(c) A party panner.
(d) A pediatrician.
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) His uncle.
(b) Omura Liquor.
(c) His cousin Oni.
(d) A business based in Osaka.
4. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Mahler's Resurrection.
(c) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
5. What political party does Yoshitaka Wataya belong to?
(a) The libertarians.
(b) The reformists.
(c) The labor.
(d) The conservatives.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
4. How long does the American submarine in Chapter 9 give the Japanese transport before it fires in it?
5. Who does Toru assume is the narrator of the story in Chapter 26?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)