|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 28: You Just Can't Trust a House (May Kasahara's Point of View: 5) (Pgs. 528-531) | Book 3 Chapter 29: A Vacant House is Born (Pgs. 532-533).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the shorter of the two men in Chapter 3 do while the protagonist watches?
(a) He climbs a tree.
(b) He kills the taller man.
(c) He digs a hole.
(d) He pees in the woods.
2. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
3. Why can the protagonist clearly see two figures in the night in Chapter 3?
(a) There are street lamps illuminating the area.
(b) He can see in the dark.
(c) The figures are glowing.
(d) It is a full moon.
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She has not showered.
(b) She does not particularly like him.
(c) They are in her parents' house.
(d) She is a virgin.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(a) His uncle.
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does May Kasahara find herself doing often after the suicides at the Miyawaki house?
2. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
4. What mystical being does Ushikawa liken himself to in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)