|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 12: Discovered When Shaving ? Discovered When Waking (Pgs. 280-291) | Book 2 Chapter 13: Creta Kano's Story Continued (Pgs. 293-302).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
2. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(b) She died at age 11.
(c) She lives in the United States.
(d) She refuses to meet him.
3. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(c) A portable phone.
4. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A bad stock deal.
(b) A run on his bank.
(c) Opening a failed restaurant.
(d) A crippling drug addiction.
5. At the end of Chapter 2, Malta Kano calls Toru Okada to set up a meeting between him and whom?
(b) Creta Kano.
(c) His uncle.
(d) Noboru Wataya.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
2. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
3. Why does Toru's uncle suggest he look up Mr. Ichikawa in Chapter 12?
4. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)