|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 12: Discovered When Shaving ? Discovered When Waking (Pgs. 280-291) | Book 2 Chapter 13: Creta Kano's Story Continued (Pgs. 293-302).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A hotel.
(b) His house.
(c) A ballroom.
(d) A fancy restaurant.
2. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
(a) French toast.
(b) Scrambled eggs.
3. Who is the prophesied caller beginning with "O" that calls Toru Okada in Chapter 1?
(a) His cousin Oni.
(b) His uncle.
(c) A business based in Osaka.
(d) Omura Liquor.
4. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
5. Why has Toru Okada never met Kumiko's sister?
(a) She died at age 11.
(b) She lives in the United States.
(c) She is estranged from the Watayas.
(d) She refuses to meet him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
2. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
3. What sensation is Creta Kano surprised to feel when Noboru Wataya has sex with her?
4. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
5. What color is the mark that Toru discovers on his cheek in Chapter 12?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)