|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2 Chapter 12: Discovered When Shaving ? Discovered When Waking (Pgs. 280-291) | Book 2 Chapter 13: Creta Kano's Story Continued (Pgs. 293-302).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Fight to the death.
(d) Destroy his personal documents.
2. For what type of business does May Kasahara administer surveys?
(a) A law office.
(b) A restaurant chain.
(c) A pachinko parlor.
(d) A wig factory.
3. When Toru Okada is certain Kumiko is gone at the beginning of Book 2, what does he discover she has taken with her?
(a) All her shoes and dresses.
(b) Her check-book.
(c) Their wedding album.
4. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) The mysterious woman.
(b) Malta Kano.
(d) May Kasahara.
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(b) Mahler's Resurrection.
(c) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
(d) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
2. What does Creta Kano cook for breakfast in Chapter 13?
3. When dis Koru and Kumiko Okada stop taking to Kumiko's parents?
4. What remembrance from the dead Honda does Lieutenant Mamiya give Toru Okada at the end of Chapter 13?
5. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)