|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(b) A blank check.
(c) His rope ladder.
(d) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
2. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at their summer home.
(b) They are at church.
(c) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(d) They are running errands.
3. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Destroy his personal documents.
(b) Fight to the death.
(c) Kill Yanamoto.
(d) Flee back into China.
4. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
5. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A hotel.
(c) His house.
(d) A ballroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
2. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
3. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
4. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)