|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
(a) A theatre.
(b) An aquarium.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A mall.
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) May Kasahara.
(c) The mysterious woman.
(d) Malta Kano.
3. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He punches in a window.
(b) He uses Kumiko's key.
(c) He slips in the cat door.
(d) He picks the lock.
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) They are in her parents' house.
(b) She has not showered.
(c) She does not particularly like him.
(d) She is a virgin.
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Flee back into China.
(b) Destroy his personal documents.
(c) Kill Yanamoto.
(d) Fight to the death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
4. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
5. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)