|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A bad stock deal.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) Opening a failed restaurant.
2. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She takes pills.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She hangs herself.
(d) She shoots herself.
3. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) His rope ladder.
(b) A blank check.
(c) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(d) Mr. Honda's empty box.
4. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A research paper.
(b) An article.
(c) A letter.
(d) A journal.
5. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) She felt sorry for him.
(b) She intends to blackmail him.
(c) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(d) Malta asked her to.
Short Answer Questions
1. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
2. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)