|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A transitional state.
(b) A perfect state.
(c) A deluded state.
(d) A dream state.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Leave him alone.
(b) Get him a job in the government.
(c) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(d) Pay him handsomely.
4. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
(a) He punches in a window.
(b) He uses Kumiko's key.
(c) He picks the lock.
(d) He slips in the cat door.
5. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) Malta asked her to.
(b) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(c) She intends to blackmail him.
(d) She felt sorry for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
4. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
5. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)