|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
(a) Malta Kano.
(c) The mysterious woman.
(d) May Kasahara.
2. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
(b) Black cars.
(c) Construction workers.
3. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at church.
(b) They are at their summer home.
(c) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(d) They are running errands.
4. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Shadow jobs.
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Dirty jobs.
(d) Hands-on jobs.
5. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A journal.
(b) An article.
(c) A letter.
(d) A research paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
2. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
5. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)