|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
(a) Mahler's Resurrection.
(b) Mussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain.
(c) Prokofiev's Peter and the Wolf.
(d) Rossini's Thieving Magpie.
2. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(b) Get him a job in the government.
(c) Pay him handsomely.
(d) Leave him alone.
4. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(a) A car.
(c) A new house.
5. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
(b) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(c) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(d) She ran him over with a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
3. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
5. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)