|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A research paper.
(b) A letter.
(c) An article.
(d) A journal.
2. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A dream state.
(b) A perfect state.
(c) A transitional state.
(d) A deluded state.
3. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She is a virgin.
(b) They are in her parents' house.
(c) She has not showered.
(d) She does not particularly like him.
4. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) A hotel.
(d) His house.
5. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Dirty jobs.
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Shadow jobs.
(d) Hands-on jobs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
2. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
3. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
4. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
5. What code name is used in Chapter 7 to refer tot he owner of the "hanging house"?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)