|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
(a) A letter.
(b) A research paper.
(c) An article.
(d) A journal.
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
(d) A portable phone.
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She takes pills.
(b) She drowns herself.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She hangs herself.
4. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
(b) Noboru Wataya.
5. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
(b) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(c) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(d) She ran him over with a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
2. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
4. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
5. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)