|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
2. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
(a) A perfect state.
(b) A transitional state.
(c) A deluded state.
(d) A dream state.
3. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
(b) A new house.
(d) A car.
4. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
5. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) A crippling drug addiction.
(b) A run on his bank.
(c) A bad stock deal.
(d) Opening a failed restaurant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
2. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
3. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
4. Where do Kumiko and Toru Okada meet for their first date?
5. How many years after Kumiko and Toru are married does she become unexpectedly pregnant?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)