|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She drowns herself.
(b) She hangs herself.
(c) She shoots herself.
(d) She takes pills.
2. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
(a) She cannot stop crying.
(b) She is more happy than usual.
(c) She is less sure of herself.
(d) She is perpetually angry.
3. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
4. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
5. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) A fancy restaurant.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) His house.
(d) A hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
2. In Chapter 12, Lieutenant Mamiya describes a secret mission he and Honda were a part of. What country did this mission illegally enter?
3. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
5. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)