|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at their summer home.
(b) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(c) They are running errands.
(d) They are at church.
2. Who chooses the pseudonyms Nutmeg and Cinnamon?
(a) Noboru Wataya.
3. What superlative does Toru use to describe Ushikawa in Chapter 13?
4. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
(a) Malta asked her to.
(b) She is ridiculously attracted to him.
(c) She felt sorry for him.
(d) She intends to blackmail him.
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) His rope ladder.
(b) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(c) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
(d) A blank check.
Short Answer Questions
1. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
2. What is the style of writing that Chapter 7 is supposed to be?
3. What does Toru Okada rename his cat in Chapter 6?
4. How does Ushikawa get into Toru Okada's house in Chapter 13?
5. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)