|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Lieutenant Mamiya's story of Chapter 12, what does Yanamoto tell Lieutenant Mamiya he must do if they are captured?
(a) Fight to the death.
(b) Kill Yanamoto.
(c) Destroy his personal documents.
(d) Flee back into China.
2. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She has not showered.
(b) They are in her parents' house.
(c) She does not particularly like him.
(d) She is a virgin.
3. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
(a) Opening a failed restaurant.
(b) A crippling drug addiction.
(c) A run on his bank.
(d) A bad stock deal.
4. How many secret healers does M consult in Chapter 12's article?
5. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
(a) A blank check.
(b) His rope ladder.
(c) Mr. Honda's empty box.
(d) Some of Kumiko's clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does May's visit to the bottom of the well affect her self image?
2. For much of Chapter 6, Nutmeg goes shopping with Toru for what?
3. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
4. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
5. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)