|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is May Kasahara's family when Toru visits in Chapter 15?
(a) They are at their summer home.
(b) They are at church.
(c) They are moving their things to an apartment.
(d) They are running errands.
2. How does Ushikawa describe the work he does from Noboru Wataya?
(a) Shadow jobs.
(b) Odd jobs.
(c) Hands-on jobs.
(d) Dirty jobs.
3. How did May Kasahara cause her boyfriend's death?
(a) She stabbed him with a fake sword.
(b) She ran him over with a car.
(c) She covered his eyes on a motorcycle.
(d) She pushed him over a bridge guardrail.
4. Why is Kumiko uncomfortable the first time she has sex with Toru?
(a) She has not showered.
(b) She is a virgin.
(c) They are in her parents' house.
(d) She does not particularly like him.
5. Chapter 12, what business is M's successful husband in?
(b) Stock investment.
(c) Real estate.
(d) Entertainment industry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
2. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
3. Why did Creta Kano couple with Toru in his dream?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
5. In Chapter 14, Creta Kano states that she now considers her physically numb state from before she met Noboru Wataya to be what?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)