|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3 Chapter 12: M's Secret Cure (Pgs. 422-424) | Book 3 Chapter 13: The Waiting Man ? What Couldn't Be Shaken Off ? No Man Is an Island (Pgs. 425-436).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what comes and goes from the "hanging house" with odd regularity?
(b) Black cars.
(c) Construction workers.
2. Where does Toru's Chapter 8 dream take place?
(a) His house.
(b) A ballroom.
(c) A fancy restaurant.
(d) A hotel.
3. What town is Toru Okada in when Kumiko call to tell him she had an abortion?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Noboru Wataya offer to do for Toru if he gives up his new property?
(a) Pay him handsomely.
(b) Leave him alone.
(c) Arrage a meeting with Kumiko.
(d) Get him a job in the government.
5. How does the actress in the Miyawaki house kill herself?
(a) She hangs herself.
(b) She shoots herself.
(c) She drowns herself.
(d) She takes pills.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Toru's uncle in Chapter 13, how did Mr. Miyawaki lose all of his money?
2. In Chapter 11, Toru Okada is surprised to find packaging for what in his waste-basket?
3. What tune is the waiter whistling in Toru's Chapter 8 dream?
4. What does Toru give Creta in Chapter 14 in exchange for sex?
5. Who calls Toru Okada in Chapter 11 immediately before the arrive of Lieutenant Mamiya?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)